Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where did all the Countach builds go...???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where did all the Countach builds go...???

So where did all the Countach build go... ? I know there was like 3 others when I started mine. It was nice to see others keeping the Countach alive..! Are the countach's really dying.? The car that started it all....? The original..?
    WHERE ARE YOU... Lol updates would be awesome!

I agree. And for those of us out there who are still years away from building one, please, keep the hope alive.

Comment

the whole industry has fallen off. sad to say that. but i do believe the economy had alot to do with it. but yes with all the different cars out thier that one can build has really hurt the countach along with the 512, 308 all them originals. i was talking to guy this evening at a restraunt and he told me a friend of his just bought a gt40 kit car. an old vw style setup. completely done and shipped from ca. for under thirty grand. i looked at him and said wow thought they exstinct. they are getting very rare. if you think about the time frame frome when those where built to when the countach started. now think about where the countach's will be in the same time frame but from now. history reads out that they also will become rare. the diablos have already started to fall off. id say that by the time the adventador is replaced the diablo will be in the same shoes the countach is in and so on. its sad but its life everything gets old after awhile.

Comment

Originally posted by cliffscustomfab View Post
        the whole industry has fallen off. sad to say that. but i do believe the economy had alot to do with it. but yes with all the different cars out thier that one can build has really hurt the countach along with the 512, 308 all them originals. i was talking to guy this evening at a restraunt and he told me a friend of his just bought a gt40 kit car. an old vw style setup. completely done and shipped from ca. for under thirty grand. i looked at him and said wow thought they exstinct. they are getting very rare. if you think about the time frame frome when those where built to when the countach started. now think about where the countach's will be in the same time frame but from now. history reads out that they also will become rare. the diablos have already started to fall off. id say that by the time the adventador is replaced the diablo will be in the same shoes the countach is in and so on. its sad but its life everything gets old after awhile.
        Its pretty sad but Im thinkn your right........The countach has been my dream car since the beginning of time, but I can see how the newer generations are seening the gallargo and so on as there dream cars... Am I really that old? lol The 78 countach dash looks as new as they come, and up to date in my eyes...hahah
        There needs to be a countach pics thread

Comment

I think that some if it might have to do with the cost of the originals also. There was a period of time not to long ago that a real Countach could be picked up for between $60k - $80k which can be very close to what you could have in a quality replica. Diablo's are in the same boat now and the Murci will be there in time also due to the number of cars that were built. The Countach was never a comfortable car and the emphasis was placed completely on looks which is something that has always kept buyers of the originals and replicas away. I for one have plans on buying a OEM Countach before I die just to check off that boyhood fantasy and bring the car it the poster that hung in my bedroom alive.

Chris

Comment

you are also correct chris. it is also another reason i try and buy as much oem stuff for the car as i can. because i know that thier will be a time when you wont be able to get any parts for that car. but ill be able to build one or help owners of the real one with parts the may need. wich is already happening. the diablo's is next up for me. would have been sitting pretty good on that if a former forum member would not have screwed me over. but thats alright karma can be a bi***. and its already happening for him.

Comment

Guys, I think he goes by Novi here on the forum, has access to parts from an 88.5 countach. The guy said he would let Brent take molds of the parts. He is in Florida. I am in Florida as well and I have the 86 quatrovalve Koening model. We need to get Webenemo back in here more often as well. Adrian has also been trying to get owners together here in Florida. So if there are any Florida guys reading this... post up so we can get your name added to the list. We want to hold regular meetings and get started helping each other with builds.
              Last edited by Guest; 03-11-2012, 12:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by holycow View Post
                Guys, I think he goes by Novi here on the forum, has access to parts from an 88.5 countach. The guy said he would let Brent take molds of the parts. He is in Florida. I am in Florida as well and I have the 86 quatrovalve Koening model. We need to get Webenemo back in here more often as well. Adrian has also been trying to get owners together here in Florida. So if there are any Florida guys reading this... post up so we can get your name added to the list. We want to hold regular meetings and get started helping each other with builds.
                Well you know I am up for it, besides I dont think that the quality builds will go away sure the will become rarer but that will make them more desirable, look at the cobras
                Now building in Mooresville NC
                [url]http://www.flickr.com/photos/adrianburton[/url]
                [url]http://profile.imageshack.us/user/AdrianBurton[/url]
                [url]http://s997.photobucket.com/albums/af91/AdrianBurton/[/url]

Comment

Originally posted by cliffscustomfab View Post
                  I wouldn't count replicas out yet, originals still have the high part cost if you can find the parts. The hard times are slowing most industrys. My thoughts are that some are waiting for that opportunity. That 60-70's generation will not quite have the $$$ or time to pull the trigger on a kit. I got lucky and things fell into place for me about 10 years earlier than I expected (got mine just before the recession as well). I'll bet there's more "posters" guys out there with plans of completing the Countach dream!
                  Website link [URL="https://sites.google.com/site/lamborghinicountachreplica/"]https://sites.google.com/site/lamborghinicountachreplica/[/URL]
                  Blog link [URL="https://lamborghinicountachreplica.wordpress.com/"]https://lamborghinicountachreplica.wordpress.com/[/URL]

Comment

As much as I want a real one, ive heard so many bad stories about them....rickity, road noisy, expensive to service, and parts are rare. Id still take a real one, but My decision to do a kit was more of a " I cant afford 90k cash to pick one up" but I can afford 1k here, $300 there, and if I dont got it this month it dosent get repo'd, I just continue next month.....And I get to do it my way, my work, at my own pace, enjoying and knowing I did 90% myself, and still having the same outcome in the end...A countach Peace

Comment

I'm wanting to do a Countach. Just haven't found the right time yet. I think I may have to get rid of the 944 and Fiat spider first. I'm keeping my Cobra replica forever!

Comment

Originally posted by dwheeler View Post
                        I'm wanting to do a Countach. Just haven't found the right time yet. I think I may have to get rid of the 944 and Fiat spider first. I'm keeping my Cobra replica forever!
                        Theres never a better time than the present, otherwise it will just always be a want

Comment

Please post up your countach progress...ANY progress!!!! lol .... everyone needs some insipation Lets help each other out

Comment

I've been wanting to do a Countach since 1997 but thats kind of been replaced by the Diablo 6.0 either way I may consider doing both. I'm glad newer exotics and kits are hitting the market because that means many folks aren't going to be holding on to their countach's and I can grab one cheap! Real Diablo's I've noticed have been dropping down in the market were I could very well end up buying one. The Maintaince deal is an issue for me, I don't wanna be spending 20k every six months for a damn clutch job!

With my recent weight loss I may reward myself with a Countach Replica soon since I can fit inside of one. There's one down the street from were I currently live, its a 25th ann model and incomplete so I've offered them 12k for it. ill wait a few more years and offer them less money for it and likely it will become mine.

Comment

If the Countach is your real passion, it can never be replaced by the Diablo. I'm a big fan of the diablo also but the Countach will always be my first choice, and that's why I now have one.. idk maybe I'll build something else later on.. If I ever finish this one. Ohhh and congrats on the weight loss.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X