F355 guys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F355 guys

Ever heard of B and B in FL?Whats your take on this kit,hes not too far considering taking a looksie.

Pontiac : Fiero F355 in Pontiac | eBay Motors

Overall it looks decent. It would be a nice car to buy and enjoy with the top down. The top would have to go. It looks like someone’s sorry homemade attempt.

Sorry I can’t give you any info on C&C Customs. Contact Funnywheels here on the forum. He lives in that neck of the woods and probably knows something about them.
    My Projects:

http://www.madmechanics.com/forum/bu...y-project.html
    http://www.madmechanics.com/forum/bu...-facelift.html
    http://www.madmechanics.com/forum/bu...430-build.html

Comment

they started with a IFG kit an then upgraded to this body it,s a JW kit copied in FL an mixed with the IFG kit , those guys made some nice cars an used them as daily drivers until they sold them ,it should be a sound build ,they had service issues of not returning calls an emails an of course ( late delivery same as myself ) not sure if they are still in business
      Last edited by ITALIANKNIGHTRIDER; 09-17-2012, 08:34 PM.
      In the USA if you pay a company / person to start a plug, then it,s your plug and work ,it is not theirs to sell or trade !!

Comment

The BB kit was out for YEARS.

If not before JW was producing them.

Still an AWSOME kit.

Comment

What would be a fair price for this car it appears all stock besides the body?I should be seeing it Thursday,

Comment

I think the 15.5 is ok if it is as good of a shape as it is said it is in, but 12-14k is fair.

Comment

I'd go less than that. Between $11K-$13K. The seats need work too. Notice the really bad wrinkles at the headrest area. That sheet metal dash bezel needs to be either carbon fiber dipped or upholstered. The door panels need work too around the speakers and door handle area and the top is worthless. It does appear to have an extended windshield. Hmmm, I wonder which windshield he used? It might be a Trevor one, because I don't see the thicker A posts that an eclipse windshield swap typically has. It be nice to get $15K for a car like that, but I just don't think the market supports that.

Comment

Ok thanks please keep the comments coming

Comment

I haven't seen a completed 355 sell for $15k in years. Most sell in the 7-10 range

Comment

This is a very nice 355 professionally built, seperate rockers, extended winshield and it actually looks like a 355. With a little tlc this could be better than 90% of the 355 spider replicas out there. shoot him an offer.

Anyone like the corvette mirrors? Anyone ever had a problem with the replica mirrors not folding down?

Comment

Yes, I think you're right Fauxrrari. My first thought was $10K but then I went with the $11-13 range as I didn't want to sound insulting. I don't think anyone here expects to get more than $10K for a 25 year old car regardless of what body kit is on it. I'll have way more than that in mine when it's finished and I know I'll never get anymore than $10K for it.

Comment

the body kit does seem to matter, because fiero based murci sell in the $30k range when completed

and good countach and diablos sell for low $20k range when completed . The 355 is for some reason one of the cheapest finished kit prices out there

Comment

If you donít see any big issues after looking at it. I would offer around 10K and see where it goes. Iím sure he has probably received much lower offers already just off his Ebay add. You can always go up a little if you need to. The mileage that is listed is most likely after the Speedo was changed. Who knows how many miles the car actually has on it. I would assume he is not the original owner otherwise he would have been more descriptive in his add. With that being said, He probably doesnít know much about the windshield, suspension and etc.
                          My Projects:

http://www.madmechanics.com/forum/bu...y-project.html
                          http://www.madmechanics.com/forum/bu...-facelift.html
                          http://www.madmechanics.com/forum/bu...430-build.html

Comment

A lot of disses on the top and I agree that it needs some adjustment and fitting at least. It does have a lot of similarities to the automoda top though and I have never seen a better top on a Fiero than an automoda. All of the other tops that I've seen on 355s don't look as good. One of them was made with barn door hinges and everyone here praised it except me. I don't remember if I ever said anything negative about it. I usually try not to say anything negative unless it is to help someone avoid a bad purchase or make what I feel would be a mistake. I have never seen anyone here build one for the prices we are discussing, but as said this is a new time and the market is different. There have been a lot worse buys.

Comment

Originally posted by jntramey View Post
                              Yes, I think you're right Fauxrrari. My first thought was $10K but then I went with the $11-13 range as I didn't want to sound insulting. I don't think anyone here expects to get more than $10K for a 25 year old car regardless of what body kit is on it. I'll have way more than that in mine when it's finished and I know I'll never get anymore than $10K for it.
                              jntramey ive been following your build, most people know the difference between a good replica and an p.o.s. "kit car" dont play yourself short. 8,000.00 watson kit -3,000.00 donor-oem door panels-seperate rockers-oem lights-challenge grill-oem exhaust-oem gauges-years of work for 10k. i think you are insulting youself maybe you will feel differently when its all done.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X