Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• champmac
    replied
    I've been reading through the 355 forums for years now, and now that I'm finally close to getting oneI love the Ferrari cars because Its look stylish and beautiful.

Leave a comment:

• tobygaff
    replied
    Originally posted by Skrilla000 View Post
    Thanks for the info and by and Id love to see more pics of your build.How does your car ride any tighter/quieter?
    Ha! In my mind it handles great... but I haven't put the engine in yet so it is still sitting in the garage!

Here is the stuff I have posted on my build so far. http://www.madmechanics.com/forum/bu...ld-thread.html

I have more done than this, but haven't posted an update for a while.

Leave a comment:

• Skrilla000
    replied
    Thanks for the info and by and Id love to see more pics of your build.How does your car ride any tighter/quieter?

Leave a comment:

• tobygaff
    replied
    I am glad to see this car get a good home. I thought it was a pretty good looking car. There are a ton of bad replicas out there, but good ones don't seem to come up very often.

I don't know the whole history, but I think the widetrack suspensions used to be built by Held Motorsports. I believe Held was bought out by Erik Hanba at West Shore Fabricators. Thats where I got mine from. It looks like now it is something like Aurraut Motorsports, but still looks like the same stuff.

Suspension Information | Arraut Motorsports | AMS | HT Motorsports | West Shore Fabricators | Custom & Specialty Car Parts | Fiero | W-Body | J-Body | Kit Car | Honda

It is expensive, but there are a lot of great options with this suspension.
    1. You can order it wider than stock so that you do not have to use wheel spacers
    2. you can get drop spindles to lower the ride of the car without screwing up suspension geometry
    3. you can get a really nice matching brake setup with 13" drilled rotors all the way around. After spending a few bucks on caliper covers, they looked wicked bad.
    4. you can order the hubs with custom bolt patterns (at a cost) so that you can use the wheels of your choice
    5. it looks SWEET

Here are a couple pictures of mine after I got them installed.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Skrilla000
    replied
    Well I took home the car at what I think was a fair price.I gave it a nice detail and shes looking great.A few things bother me mainly the mirrors and the shabby front grill but ItalianKnightrider is getting me a legit one and Im on the hunt for some real f355 mirrors.Man these cars rattle a lot any remedies?Will the Wide track make a big difference and where can I find some more info on it?My main goal is suspension I want it to ride as good as it looks?
    Thanks

Leave a comment:

• Skrilla000
    replied
    Thanks for all the advice much appreciated I will take it all into consderation

Leave a comment:

• ITALIANKNIGHTRIDER
    replied
    I would offer him $11,500.00 an he can eat the other 2000.00 on trying to get half his money back , if he has a clear title i would show him the money , an leave with that car ...simple 6 years ago those were some of the best an most accurate 355 replica components available ,body kit,with correct front an rear bumper , rims & tires , seats, interior , rear lights ,front grill , an a extended windshield was 700.00 / tray an the fact that it has a convertible top period ,i would offer $11,500.00 an not a penny more ....then fix all the bugs as weekend projects ...while i drive the shi* out of it , regardless as to what others say about replica s the enjoyment come from owning something unique an no others in your area, have anything close , drive it an have fun doing so.

Leave a comment:

• jntramey
    replied
    He might find someone to give him 13 for it, but it'll be a long shot and he'll have to wait an awful long time for that guy to come around. The two piece top looks like one of Funnywheels earlier attempts. He's since made a much better top (well documented for the rest of us). So, it's not the end of the world, but definitely effects the price of the sale. He paid WAY too much for it and he's better off taking the 11 you offered today. Every day he waits the dollar is devalued even more and will buy less. So 13K three years from now will buy about the same thing 11K would today. I think your offer was a good one and if you ended up paying more, you'd have serious buyer remorse.

Leave a comment:

• Skrilla000
    replied
    I checked out the car today well it is better then 90 percent of the 355 kits out there but had its share of flaws.Being that the suspension was all stock besides eibachs it did ride like an 88 Pontiac.It was the silly looking 2 piece roof but only the cheap latches were broke and not that hard of a fix.The flaws were the basic cheesy overall fit an finsh of the interior and the speedo and tach were useless.The doors rubbed a tiny bit when opening but looks some adjustment could fix that.The alignment of the hood was less then perfect and vibrated a little.Oh the heat and AC didnt work so good which didnt bother me so much.I offered 11k and hes holding out for $13.5k.The car really is sexy to look at and maybe to the untrained eye or some non kit car guy who has a few bucks I think its a small chance he could get it.The poor kid paid $26k 6 years ago for it on an impulse buy and is trying to keep his losses to a minumum which I can repect.Ill keep you posted if he changes his mind I wouldnt mind having it as a project for 11

Leave a comment:

• jboogey
    replied
    Originally posted by jntramey View Post
    Yes, I think you're right Fauxrrari. My first thought was $10K but then I went with the $11-13 range as I didn't want to sound insulting. I don't think anyone here expects to get more than $10K for a 25 year old car regardless of what body kit is on it. I'll have way more than that in mine when it's finished and I know I'll never get anymore than $10K for it.
    jntramey ive been following your build, most people know the difference between a good replica and an p.o.s. "kit car" dont play yourself short. 8,000.00 watson kit -3,000.00 donor-oem door panels-seperate rockers-oem lights-challenge grill-oem exhaust-oem gauges-years of work for 10k. i think you are insulting youself maybe you will feel differently when its all done.

Leave a comment:

• dratts1
    replied
    A lot of disses on the top and I agree that it needs some adjustment and fitting at least. It does have a lot of similarities to the automoda top though and I have never seen a better top on a Fiero than an automoda. All of the other tops that I've seen on 355s don't look as good. One of them was made with barn door hinges and everyone here praised it except me. I don't remember if I ever said anything negative about it. I usually try not to say anything negative unless it is to help someone avoid a bad purchase or make what I feel would be a mistake. I have never seen anyone here build one for the prices we are discussing, but as said this is a new time and the market is different. There have been a lot worse buys.

Leave a comment:

• MacGyver
    replied
    If you donít see any big issues after looking at it. I would offer around 10K and see where it goes. Iím sure he has probably received much lower offers already just off his Ebay add. You can always go up a little if you need to. The mileage that is listed is most likely after the Speedo was changed. Who knows how many miles the car actually has on it. I would assume he is not the original owner otherwise he would have been more descriptive in his add. With that being said, He probably doesnít know much about the windshield, suspension and etc.

Leave a comment:

• Fauxrrari
    replied
    the body kit does seem to matter, because fiero based murci sell in the $30k range when completed

and good countach and diablos sell for low $20k range when completed . The 355 is for some reason one of the cheapest finished kit prices out there

Leave a comment:

• jntramey
    replied
    Yes, I think you're right Fauxrrari. My first thought was $10K but then I went with the $11-13 range as I didn't want to sound insulting. I don't think anyone here expects to get more than $10K for a 25 year old car regardless of what body kit is on it. I'll have way more than that in mine when it's finished and I know I'll never get anymore than $10K for it.

Leave a comment:

• jboogey
    replied
    This is a very nice 355 professionally built, seperate rockers, extended winshield and it actually looks like a 355. With a little tlc this could be better than 90% of the 355 spider replicas out there. shoot him an offer.

Anyone like the corvette mirrors? Anyone ever had a problem with the replica mirrors not folding down?

Leave a comment:

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X