Opinions on Corvette ZR6X Wide Body Kit Conversion by Supervettes.com

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opinions on Corvette ZR6X Wide Body Kit Conversion by Supervettes.com

Hi, I wanted to get opinions from members about this wide body kit for the Corvette C6. The kit is made by Supervettes.com. The car pictured below costs around $100,000 when finished and includes a new Corvette C6 base including the following upgrades brakes, suspension, supercharged, wheels & tires, paint & bodywork, etc.

My question is: 1. does it look like a sportscar that's worth $100,000 2. what do you think about it? (looks aggressive, etc.)

Thanks to everyone who comments in advance.
    Attached Files

WOW! They look so much better with those flares and front and rear fascias. Very agressive looking.

Comment

Yes, it looks like a 100,000 dollar sports car. It truly looks like the supercar that they are. I've always been impressed by the Corvette, but they took legendary to supercar status with the Z06 and furthered that with the ZR1. They just aren't given the pedigree that other hand built and boutique cars are. I'll save that discussion for later.... But, I honestly think the Z06, and ZR1 look like supercars too. The base car is pretty down played, and this kit is certainly an upgrade, but the Z06 and ZR1 will no doubt have more long standing value, and a warranty to boot. I wouldn't be able to part with 100k for a car that will be considered merely a "conversion" package later, and will likely hurt value instead of help it. I also would prefer to have GM parts that perform perfectly together, rather than this kit. Now the body kit, I would think would be a bolt on kit, and you could save the factory coachwork. It is really aggressive looking, and I really like the wide body look. I think the 'Vette should've had this width from the factory as it really takes on the true supercar low and wide look. I would be curious to see how it performs on the road, as my '01 Z06 liked to try to get airborn at about 135 mph. I had to block the brake cooling ducts and put on a down spoiler to get rid of this.

Comment

if the modern day vette came out of Italy w/ an Italian badge, NOBODY would question it as a 150-300k supercar. nobody. Perception is indeed reality.
        White Fugazzi Bentley Supersport Convertible GTC

Comment

Video of Supercharged 630RWHP ZR6X Extreme Wide Body Corvette at Track

Originally posted by RUSHAVED View Post
          Yes, it looks like a 100,000 dollar sports car. It truly looks like the supercar that they are. I've always been impressed by the Corvette, but they took legendary to supercar status with the Z06 and furthered that with the ZR1. They just aren't given the pedigree that other hand built and boutique cars are. I'll save that discussion for later.... But, I honestly think the Z06, and ZR1 look like supercars too. The base car is pretty down played, and this kit is certainly an upgrade, but the Z06 and ZR1 will no doubt have more long standing value, and a warranty to boot. I wouldn't be able to part with 100k for a car that will be considered merely a "conversion" package later, and will likely hurt value instead of help it. I also would prefer to have GM parts that perform perfectly together, rather than this kit. Now the body kit, I would think would be a bolt on kit, and you could save the factory coachwork. It is really aggressive looking, and I really like the wide body look. I think the 'Vette should've had this width from the factory as it really takes on the true supercar low and wide look.

I would be curious to see how it performs on the road, as my '01 Z06 liked to try to get airborn at about 135 mph. I had to block the brake cooling ducts and put on a down spoiler to get rid of this.
          HI RUSHAVED,

I found this video of a Corvette ZR6X Supercharged 630RWHP at track for you since you were curious on how it performs on the road. Hope it gives you an idea. Here's the link Supercharged 630RWHP ZR6X Extreme Wide Body Corvette in Finland (at Track - Front View) - Finland Videos : Firstpost Topic - Page 1

Comment

Anyone on here have any comments on this Corvette ZR6X wide body kit?

Hi, I wanted to get opinions from members about this wide body kit for the Corvette C6. The kit is made by Supervettes.com. The car pictured below costs around $100,000 when finished and includes a new Corvette C6 base including the following upgrades brakes, suspension, supercharged, wheels & tires, paint & bodywork, etc.

My question is: 1. does it look like a sportscar that's worth $100,000 2. what do you think about it? (looks aggressive, overdone, etc.)

Thanks to everyone who comments in advance.[/QUOTE]

Comment

Yeah I love it, A friend of mine showed me pics of it couple years ago when it was just getting started , He has some ties with Supervettes not real sure what his connection is but he owns Madvette Motorsports..
              1987 Fiero GT 3800sc
              1985 Fiero GT Northstar
              1985 Fiero GT 3800

Comment

There are two companys in florida I beleive making the wide body kit. Super Vettes is a free form kit I think and the other from Loma is a cad machine kit and loma I saw is at aprox $6700 and super vettes is more. Do your own research on this

Comment

Originally posted by 2011 Gran Sport View Post
                  There are two companys in florida I beleive making the wide body kit. Super Vettes is a free form kit I think and the other from Loma is a cad machine kit and loma I saw is at aprox $6700 and super vettes is more. Do your own research on this
                  "Parts" cannot be made with CNC. Only mold plugs can be. (reverse of the part) - Supervettes is legit. Loma is not. Period. There are tons of customers ripped off from LOMA. Supervettes has customers with references all over the world, and plenty here in the states. I'm a very happy customer of Supervettes, and if you ever seen a LOMA kit in person it looks very cheap. Nothing like factory. Also, my kit (for a Z06) was $5995 delivered.

Comment

Originally posted by SVZR6X View Post
                    "Parts" cannot be made with CNC. Only mold plugs can be. (reverse of the part) - Supervettes is legit. Loma is not. Period. There are tons of customers ripped off from LOMA. Supervettes has customers with references all over the world, and plenty here in the states. I'm a very happy customer of Supervettes, and if you ever seen a LOMA kit in person it looks very cheap. Nothing like factory. Also, my kit (for a Z06) was $5995 delivered.
                    Huh... Mario at Loma motorsports offers their kit for 7000 shipped from Germany. I purchased my kit from Breathless Performance and it looks perfect on my car. Full carbon fiber and very strong. My biggest decision was the difference in the looks. The rear fender on supervettes is a giant hump to make the wide body which makes to sense to me other then the fact that they made it thick so it doesn't crack. The loma kit has a smooth line like factory and fills out to form the wide body. The cope design vette with the LOMA wide body is incredible and so are the ones that race for breathless performance. I even researched and saw the crazy pictures from the LOMA car in Maryland which rumors it has over 1200 HP now and is working with East Coast Supercharging.

I hate their fights between the 2 companies but here is what I found in my research.

This post shows the mistakes the owner of Supervettes. The owner, Jason Hunkner, cheated several people including the Securities and Exchange Commission back in 2003. This really set my decision on ordering the LOMA kit since breathless performance is a legit racing shop in Florida and guarantee no fraud.
                    SUPERVETTES vs LOMA MOTORSPORTS and the truth about the Corvette Wide Body kits

Many legit shops like VOS motorsports, cope design, corvette mods, several chevy dealerships offer the kit and guarantee the product. 1
                    vosmotorsports: LOMA Motorsports GT2 Widebody Aerodynamic Kit for C6 Corvette
                    C6 Base/Grand Sport/Z06/ZR1 05-13 Corvette LOMA Complete Body Kit
                    East Coast Supercharging, Home of the Fastest Performance Supercharged, Turbo C5, C6, Z06, Corvette, GTO, CTSV, GM Trucks, Installers, Dynotuners, Performance Parts Retailers
                    Breathless Performance Online Store - LOMA GT2 Wide Body for Corvettes (Powered by CubeCart)

Just my input.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X