Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do the rear lights attach to a Countach/replica?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do the rear lights attach to a Countach/replica?

Guys/gals. I've seen the parts diagram with the red acrylic, 'diamond plate' frame and body gasket for the tail lights on a Countach, but how do the frame and cover attach to the body? The replica I'm building has previously had almost all the 'trapeziodal' rear panels cut out of the body, just leaving a 1/2" lip around the edge. Without using external screws, how do they attach?

Same for the front turn signals/markers. I know how the buckets attach, but how about the perspex covers and frames please?

Thanks,

K9

The OEM red plastic attaches with four 5mm machine screw studs, so a headless bolt & thread-tapped holes. Thread the stud into the red plastic, sandwich the diamond plate in between the tail-light assembly & the little lenses. Then, with the 4 studs already in the red plastic, line up the 4 holes in the diamond plate, then fit the studs to the fiberglass body with nuts/washers on the back side. There is also a stick-on foam seal strip that goes on the back side of the diamond plate to seal against the body. For the front turn signal buckets, I think the lens & frame just gets glued in with polyurethane adhesive.

Comment

You Sir (presumably ) are a legend. Thank you so much.

K9

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X