Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another detail question please. Countach steering column.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another detail question please. Countach steering column.

Guys, I see that the wiper/indicator stalks etc are classic Mini, sourced those, but what about the column itself?. I have a Prova kit, and the build manual for it, but it doesn't seem to identify which column to use. I've seen discussions on replicating the column shroud also, but was there ever a definitive answer/alternative for this (the shroud)? The bellows is available, but no obvious choice on the shroud..

Thanks,

K9

The shroud is a custom 2-piece aluminum. Approximately $1,000 per piece. No donor. We are still waiting for Wbnemo1 to use his fiberglass mold of a shroud to make units.

Comment

Thanks. Understand re the shroud. But what about the column. What column are we attaching the Mini stalks etc to? Seems like chasing Will is a bit of mission, historically...

K9

Comment

My plan is to use a custom Fiat x1/9 steering column as this column fits the same ignition key switch as in the Countach. I also have mini (lucas) stalk switches, I have not started to dry fit anything, I kinda need the column shroud to measure everything out. I imagine some mounting tabs will be welded on, etc. Other people are using a land rover defender column, not sure which year.

Comment

Hey buddy. I've found a part number on my steering column (turn signal switch) and established that the whole steering gear, switches, column and rack, is Mk3 Ford Cortina. I don't think the Cortina column shroud is usable, but wonder if the whole Rover SD1 column shroud could be used. There may also be news on replica shrouds, but it's not mine to give so I'll await the other member's announcement if any.

K9

Originally posted by LamboIllinois View Post
          My plan is to use a custom Fiat x1/9 steering column as this column fits the same ignition key switch as in the Countach. I also have mini (lucas) stalk switches, I have not started to dry fit anything, I kinda need the column shroud to measure everything out. I imagine some mounting tabs will be welded on, etc. Other people are using a land rover defender column, not sure which year.

Comment

I forgot about the SD1 column, people use that too.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X