Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 300c to rolls royce conversion

hi
    i've taken my 300c today to a mech to convert it to rolls royce.
    everything looks clear for him, except the rear lights.
    anyone knows what type of rear lights does dubzbodykit use?

i really like their car's back, just don't know the exact tail light type, that's the last missing puzzle
    after i know that i will begin posting a build diary with pictures.

here are the dubz bodykit's rear pics:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/tngwqzz88hm8d77/rr1.png
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/59cfymoqfu6vik8/rr2.png
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/wkezy03k31jafm4/rr3.png

if anybody suspects anything, please let me know
    thanks!

Sorry can't help you with the light

Can't wait to see your build diary though !! I don't think we've ever had a 300 to RR diary here , will be great to see something different !!

Comment

Yea...the rear of the rolls has a very hard to copy curve/slope. The 300c has a very squared rear. Infact the rear slope actually starts along the sides as the front fenders progress and the lines of the doors/quarter panels have a very hand crafted progress going back toward the boot and the lines narrow as you arrive at the boot. The roof line going toward the boot also narrows and is chiseled onto the boot.

This is very hard to copy without splashing a rolls.

Every 300 to rolls conversion I have seen are very obvious when looking at the lines of the side and rear/boot.

You end up with a 300c which has a good rolls front but looks like a 300 at the rear

Last edited by rudyallan; 11-02-2013, 11:40 AM.

Comment

same problem

My friend is also going to be attempting the same project and I will also hopefully be posting his build and we have the same issue with the tail lights. If you do come up with anything please let me know, and if we find something we will let you know. Can't wait to see what your build looks like!

Comment

here are some pics of the current process.. anyone have any idea for the rear end? we don't know how to begin
          front will be ready this year, rear end could be done in jan/feb, car could be painted & ready at march/april, just in time for the summer season

Last edited by xqwzts; 12-22-2013, 08:30 AM. Reason: pics attached

Comment

additional pics

Comment

and more

Comment

and the last two at the moment

Comment

Looking good !!

Comment

Yea...the front is VERY GOOD. I would not worry too much about making the back look exact. Just get rear lights that look very similar.Click image for larger version

Name:	RollsRoycePhantom2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	61.1 KB
ID:	377175

It looks like dubz has used a rear light that is a custom 300c light found on ebay and 300c sites. Seems he has put a crease in the boot lid and fatten up the rear bumper cover. The only thing that seems important to me is to fill the tag cut out in the rear bumper cover and introduce a tag cut out into the boot which keeps with the rolls look. You could also get a chrome rolls plaque (made by any chrome shop) which fits just above the boot tag cut-out on a real rolls (rolls badge for this plague is found on ebay). It would be a plus if you you could do a similar rolls tail pipe configuration too
                    Last edited by rudyallan; 12-24-2013, 07:04 PM.

Comment

mercedes s exhaust tips could be accurate..

Comment

Yea... Mercedes exhaust tips would do well.

Also Dubz has a rear kit which includes the bumper cover and the rear trunk lid. Here is a pic:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Dubz rear rools shot.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	48.6 KB
ID:	377178

Lights looks like 300c custom lights found on ebay

Comment

The only problem is that it will always look like a 300.

No solid feasable way around it.

Comment

Originally posted by rudyallan View Post
                            Yea... Mercedes exhaust tips would do well.

Also Dubz has a rear kit which includes the bumper cover and the rear trunk lid. Here is a pic:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]25409[/ATTACH]

Lights looks like 300c custom lights found on ebay

about Lights don't know about dimensions but you can paint those in red, or black, and cover the excess in fiber to look like rolls rear tail light.

the lights from rover 75 or mg are also a possibility look very similar but have a sharp hedge.

Comment

I've browsed thru ebay listings, but i didn't find lights like these.

i'm thinking of getting sth like these lights, and playing with fiber to look like the ones on picture:
                              Last edited by xqwzts; 12-26-2013, 07:10 AM.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X