Lancia Stratos Kit with Northstar V8?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lancia Stratos Kit with Northstar V8?

Well, been dreaming of building a kit my hole life, and always waned to build a Lotus 7 variant. But I just can not git over the looks of the Stratos. Although VERY nontraditional, and on paper, it seems to me that a Stratos kit with a Northstar would fly! People cram them into MKII MR-2's just fine... why not? Have not looked it up, but the weight should be within a hundred pounds or so between the engine options. They are also cheap, readily available, and could just about make up for the shipping costs. If I could find some one willing to give me the measurements of there Stratos frame, I would build my own, and order only body panels, lighting, trim, and accessories; alowing for an affordable option in my situation...
    Just thinking out loud.... what do you think?

If you're going to get a northstar drivetrain make sure its from a 2004+ car as the earlier ones have head gasket problems

Comment

uk models use the 3ltr from an alfa romeo, very light and fast, plus they fit in the hole! Not sure about the USA but a good alfa can be picked up for 500 complete as a donor. My mate's father inlaw is building a Stratos rep as we speak, the aftermarket bits for the engine has made this job fairly easy.
      D

Comment

Any chance you could git ahold of detailed measurements of ... well everything. The frame alone is 15,000 USD, and shipping is ~5,000. 04 up have VVT correct? Looking more tword the smaller 4.6, but any help would be appreciated

Comment

the 2004-2012 4.6 FWD northstar out of a Deville/DTS is the revised version of the 1993-2003 version that had head gasket problems. Its the same small 4.6 No VVT.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X