Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1:18 scale models

Just curious again ;D

Does anyone else collect 1:18 scale models or others of thier favorite exotics and supercars? I started my collection 2 years ago when my wife bought me a yellow diablo roadster by AutoArt. Now I think she regrets it because i am worse than she is with Shoes LOL

I picked up my Enzo today and played with it for an hour before finding a spot for it in my display. I love getting these cars as it makes me feel like a kid at Christmas each time I get a new one
    The Needles Dance, The Gauges Glow,
    As Engine Speed & Heartbeat Grow,
    Gears They Shift 'Neath Anxious Thumbs,
    SOMETHING WICKED THIS WAY COMES...
    Formerly: Powerhouse

www.facebook.com/TheCalgaryBatman

Re:1:18 scale models

yep right here me and my 2yr old son love them he's 5th word was ferrari ;D but he says ari i just got a diablo 6.0 but it looks like the f1 Lm :-\ still looks good. wife hate it she says im like one of the kids when i see one of these cars i get all happy ;D

Comment

hi and,

Oh yes :-[,

I have about 40 cars all sorts, I try to find cars that are not always readily available like a 2000 shape BMW convertible with a working nylon roof that folds away. I also have a few Ferraris and Porsche’s. I have had to stop looking at the moment because I have no more room, but every now and again I find one I cant resist.
      [img]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y224/docurley/MR2/MR2Sig.jpg[/img]<br />Toyota MR2 Turbo with BAD kit and Real Ferrari F355 wheels.

Comment

I just got my saleen s7 in and it is awspome
        it is made by hotwheels and is truely a supercar
        love it .I got the orange one I am thinking of doing something crazy but i will wait I was told not to do a saleen s7 steve saleen would not like it .I could have it cnc and block it myself but i will keep going on the mc14 and the murc type car.I have a faster way to block plugs now sand the plug with a block sander and clean it then spray epoxi res on it then block again the gel coat then sand down the orange peel then color sand and buff then polish then pva the hell out of it then spray gel coat ontop of the blocked res and flange out all line points with then strips of glass then lay glass fiber matt and let dry then layup 4 more layer and then use a layer of cross bread fiberglass matt and 4 more layers of glass make it strong but to make the molds use isatop tooling res the wait a week then spray 2 layers of res on the mold to make it stronger
        then pull and a way u go making your body for your car
        first clean your molds and polish out the molds
        then layup gel coat then matt the u r good as gold
        robert
        lol all this from 1:18 th scale model

Comment

Hi I have two shelves full 60 or 70 cars, sports cars and old models of cars I used to have I built a body from a 1/12th scale Countach the model was off as was the finished body, there not all exact. great fun but not nessessarly a model for your next car. Gene

Comment

that is why i use body gauges to mod the body to fit the real dem of the car

Comment

gene it was fun to build your own was it not
              I love it and I think it is great my mythos will be home in about 2 weeks
              it is full size

Comment

hay,

Just found a few sits selling 1:18 scale cars. http://www.collectorstudio.com/118carmodels.htm
                http://www.hotwheels.com/collectors/...4553&scale=64#
                http://www.ontracks.co.uk/noncart/ma...scale_cars.htm
                http://www.1-18scalecars.com/

Should help feed those needs.
                [img]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y224/docurley/MR2/MR2Sig.jpg[/img]<br />Toyota MR2 Turbo with BAD kit and Real Ferrari F355 wheels.

Comment

got my new one today love it ;D ;D murci bottom is the diablio gtr . the details are great!!

Comment

Originally posted by Powerhouse
                    Just curious again ;D

Does anyone else collect 1:18 scale models or others of thier favorite exotics and supercars? I started my collection 2 years ago when my wife bought me a yellow diablo roadster by AutoArt. Now I think she regrets it because i am worse than she is with Shoes LOL

I picked up my Enzo today and played with it for an hour before finding a spot for it in my display. I love getting these cars as it makes me feel like a kid at Christmas each time I get a new one
                    That's funny you mention these scale models, because I decided to start my collection about 3 weeks ago. I only have three cars right now: Lamborghini Murcielago, Lamborghini Diablo, and '68 Shelby GT-500 (I could NOT find a '67 for the life of me). I read somewhere that Hot Wheels is finally coming out with an F355 model. I really wish that Maisto made them, since they've got impeccable detail and quality to their models. My next car on the list is a Saleen S351 Speedster. Woohoo.

Comment

For those looking to add to there collection. Try www.exoticar.com 1-800-348-9159 Order the catalog, there website sucks, you can find more cars easier in the catalog, and you can read it over and over. Also has books and videos.

Comment

Hot Wheels has had 355s out for quite a while. You should have no problems finding them. UT had some great 355s but they are out of production now...

Personally, my collection of 18th scale models, and personal relationship with Exotic Model Car Company, is quite extensive. No kidding around, I have near 100 of them including some very rare an dunique cars and some that have been autographed by the drivers named on them. Case in point, I have a limited edition "Lemans Winner" Audi R8 that was driven to victory at LeMans by Frank Beila, Tom Christiansen and Emmanuelle Pirro and I managed to get all three of their autographs on the car! It's totally sweet and locked away.

When I got my digital camera I was trying it out and snapped a picture of one shelf of the "Ferrari Shrine" and that is the only picture I have of the cars... which are strewn about the house and office and packed away in many, many boxes... Here't that pic.

The next three shelves down are also Ferrari but have cars of different colors, not all red. This shelf has been rearranged now with the Enzo in the center where that 250 GTO is and the rest arranged by production years...

I know, we're nuts. Some of us more than others :

DKOV -

Comment

I have quite a collection of both 1:18 and 1:24 scale cars. Some I purchased from the Exotic Car Model Company, but most I just picked up here and there.

My most prized? Couldn't pick that one, they all share a special place in my heart.

I mostly collect exotics, but a few muscle cars have made their way into my collection. One in particular, a scale model of a 9? Mustang Boss (one of the new Boss Mustangs) is only one of two such scale models I've ever seen. Even more rare is the real Mustang Boss itself, which my parents just happened to own until a few years ago. But, it's not just like theirs, because their Boss was a convertible. ;D

Next on my list is a Ferrari Enzo or a Shelby Cobra.

Comment

i cant find the 355 for the life of me or the 360 i was lucky to find the murci and diablo gtr they were the last ones!!! DKOV is that an f50??? i saw one on the hot wheels website but ive never seen one in the stores or ebay!!! thats the one i want a black one!! oh well i will go look at toys r us this weekend..

Comment

I have mostly ferrari and Lambos. AutoArt and Hotwheels are the main ones I have gotten. Just got the gallardo today.
                              I have the f50, enzo, 360 spyder and coupe, 355 spyder and coupe, 550 spyder, Diablo sv & Roadster, Murci, Shelby Series 1, Viper GTS and a few others.

Wife doesn't know about the gallardo today...lol Better to ask forgivness than to ask for permission
                              The Needles Dance, The Gauges Glow,
                              As Engine Speed & Heartbeat Grow,
                              Gears They Shift 'Neath Anxious Thumbs,
                              SOMETHING WICKED THIS WAY COMES...
                              Formerly: Powerhouse

www.facebook.com/TheCalgaryBatman

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X