No announcement yet.

New FFR coupe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quote from aflo, "Design is a PROFESSION. You go to college, get degrees, join professional organizations, publish, teach, etc. NONE of these people are thus qualified. Would you go to a doctor to get your appendix removed if he/she had such amateur qualifications??"

Two Things ! Have you ever considered that your Doctor that performed your appendix removal May have been a "D" Student ?
    AND If Factory Five Should have hired Matt, Tell me what College of design did he graduate from ,I guess I missed that in his qualifications .

Comment

I always research a doctor before I go to him or her. I would recommend this with any professional, including designers.
      And I never said FF should have hired Matt. That was someone else.

Comment

Wow. What a can Of worms I opened. Factory Five didn't become the number one kit car manufacturer in the world based on poor designs. I think the both the 818 and 818C look awesome. I own a 818 and get nothing praise and thumbs up when driving it. Very few companies are doing there own in house design. Most just copy an existing super car. Wheres the fun in that? I have been building FFR kits for many years and can tell you there is nothing even close to there quality.
        Mike
        please visit my web site at www.replicaparts.com

Comment

Originally posted by aflo View Post
          Design is a PROFESSION. You go to college, get degrees, join professional organizations, publish, teach, etc. NONE of these people are thus qualified. Would you go to a doctor to get your appendix removed if he/she had such amateur qualifications??
          sorry, thats just a poor analogy. you need a license to perform surgery, you dont need a license to draw. automotive design school is mostly a dead end anyway.

Comment

I always research a doctor before I go to him or her. I would recommend this with any professional, including designers.
            And I never said FF should have hired Matt. That was someone else.
            That is Just B.S. Nobody will tell you a Doctors grade point average from medical school !!!! You can find out if he is Board certified and has a licenseed practicing Doctor in that field .
            Then as long as the Doctor just barley squeeked by at med school , as long as he has his diploma and enough money to apply for a state medical License , He is golden

Comment

Originally posted by michael Everson View Post
              Factory Five didn't become the number one kit car manufacturer in the world based on poor designs. I think the both the 818 and 818C look awesome.
              Mike
              Factory Five are good engineers. they made a relatively simple to build kit for classic cars, and eventually did the same with a modernized gt40 ripoff. but the designs have always been on the boring side. they are engineers not artistic designers. and i was all for the 818 when they stated putting out teasers for it! i couldn't wait to see what it looked like... then they unveiled it and it looked like some modded 2000's era toyota corolla. which if you're doing a track car, that should enough. itll be fast thats all you need. but for a street car or show car it should be gorgeous!. when you're building your own car the sky should be the limit! i wouldnt settle for an "ok at best" design. which is why I haven't ordered an 818 and probably won't unless i can just order everything except the body panels for a quite reduced price.

Comment

I wish the design was up to the engineering and product support.
                I guess this is what started this branch of the discussion? I will stand by that statement.
                In spite of the FFR fanboyz, for whom that company can do no wrong, their design effort has not only been well below their engineering and support levels but actually on the way-amateur side. When they started out on the 818, they didn’t even seem to have a clue as to how to package people in a vehicle and that is rather basic. I would guess that now they know the difference between an SAE seating manikin and uncle Bob – but they didn’t when they started this project. They are a KIT car company. Their “designs” were all done by other companies. It didn’t matter!
                Even in body engineering, they are way behind the curve. Engineering a door swing is rather basic too (for professionals) but the GTM and the 818 exposed their lack of ability. I see guys on this website building cars in their garages making exotic hinged doors fit the body perfectly. What is the problem with FFR?
                If you look at the pix of the 818, nothing fits, nothing flows, most major panels seems to look ‘wrong’ with the adjoining panels. No wonder their “show” vehicles are smothered with wild, distracting graphics. The plain painted cars show all the continuity problems, not to mention they look like pictures out of a 20 year old Auto Trader.
                Which brings up the worst thing of all, there is no imagination or creativity with their design. The interior is so boring, every exterior detail looks borrowed and tired.
                This company is what it is and that is okay. Just don’t keep telling me they are geniuses at everything because they aren’t.

Comment

I guess this is what started this branch of the discussion? I will stand by that statement.
                  In spite of the FFR fanboyz, for whom that company can do no wrong, their design effort has not only been well below their engineering and support levels but actually on the way-amateur side. When they started out on the 818, they didn’t even seem to have a clue as to how to package people in a vehicle and that is rather basic. I would guess that now they know the difference between an SAE seating manikin and uncle Bob – but they didn’t when they started this project. They are a KIT car company. Their “designs” were all done by other companies. It didn’t matter!
                  Even in body engineering, they are way behind the curve. Engineering a door swing is rather basic too (for professionals) but the GTM and the 818 exposed their lack of ability. I see guys on this website building cars in their garages making exotic hinged doors fit the body perfectly. What is the problem with FFR?
                  If you look at the pix of the 818, nothing fits, nothing flows, most major panels seems to look ‘wrong’ with the adjoining panels. No wonder their “show” vehicles are smothered with wild, distracting graphics. The plain painted cars show all the continuity problems, not to mention they look like pictures out of a 20 year old Auto Trader.
                  Which brings up the worst thing of all, there is no imagination or creativity with their design. The interior is so boring, every exterior detail looks borrowed and tired.
                  This company is what it is and that is okay. Just don’t keep telling me they are geniuses at everything because they aren’t.

Aflo, All the above is JUST YOUR Opinion ! Thousands of CUSTOMERS of the 818 disagree, as evidenced by their purchase of the kit.

Comment

Thank you FFR fanboy, for trotting out the McDonald's argument. They DO sell the most burgers... so they must be the new taste standard??
                    Last edited by aflo; 06-16-2015, 02:55 PM.

Comment

You are being completely disrespectful by calling me fanboy ! You do not know me or anything about me. I am Not A Boy !
                      I have always used your screen name when I reply. BTW How old of a person are you ? I happen to be 60 years old and have built over 100 custom and kit cars. I know a bit about design, functionality,engineering and respect. Can't say the same for you .

Comment

Looks Great to me and the McDonalds loving public. I'm Lovin It !

Comment

https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/fanboy
                          If the shoe fits...

Comment

Thumbs down for me on that design.

Why dont we, between us, put together a new design for that chassis, then we'll crowd source money into a famous builders shop like Mike Vetter, and have a body kit made.
                            If the design is great, then gathering interested car enthusiast to put backing on it shouldnt be too hard. You'd have to advertise on multiple forums.
                            Follow my designs on Facebook fan pages.:cool: [url]http://www.facebook.com/AutoArts[/url]

Comment

aflo, The SHOE does not fit ! But I can think of quite a few names that fit your condescending and uneducated remarks.

Comment

Originally posted by fauxknowitall View Post
                                [ATTACH=CONFIG]31678[/ATTACH] Looks Great to me and the McDonalds loving public. I'm Lovin It !
                                Nice perspective on that 818
                                I guess I should go out and buy a big stepladder so I can see ALL cars in that bird’s eye view - where you can’t see all the misfits of the door on the side view.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X