No announcement yet.

New FFR coupe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

aflo , If you just opened you eyes you might see something other than what is in that tiny little mind of yours

Comment

Maybe some more bold faced type, and a bit of high school English and "you" might be scoring some debate points.

Comment

Probably time to cap this thread?

Comment

Originally posted by aflo View Post
          Maybe some more bold faced type, and a bit of high school English and "you" might be scoring some debate points.

Not looking for debate points ! You just don't get it , and may never figure it out.
          Sure , Your entitled to your opinion ! But why not show a picture of your custom/Kit car or one that you think is a great design so others can chime in. Your lack of answerers about you age tell me what I needed to know.

Comment

Probably time to cap this thread?
            mike everson started this thread ! I would think it is up to him or a moderator to CAP it.

Comment

check your PM. I hope it "answerer"s your questions about age, etc.

Comment

I think it looks 'ok' but that's about it.
                If it was my $$$ then it would need to look a bit better than just ok.
                Styling like this (which is a bit dated already)

Makes me want a car, irrespective of all of its traits - though in this case, the Miata base is also fun to drive and very tuneable.
                Horses for courses I guess. Not many people see the beauty in my Altra.

Comment

I think your Altra is very cool.

Comment

Originally posted by MunkyKing View Post
                    I think it looks 'ok' but that's about it.
                    If it was my $$$ then it would need to look a bit better than just ok.
                    Styling like this (which is a bit dated already)

Makes me want a car, irrespective of all of its traits - though in this case, the Miata base is also fun to drive and very tuneable.
                    Horses for courses I guess. Not many people see the beauty in my Altra.
                    Wow so you made that! Just a few weeks ago I was admiring its class A surfaces compared to some other cars... really nice work. http://i.imgur.com/opyS7gd.jpg
                    I think your design would have more appeal if you changed the face to something like the new Aston Vulcan . Other then that I hope to see your 3d art work brought to life.
                    Follow my designs on Facebook fan pages.:cool: [url]http://www.facebook.com/AutoArts[/url]

Comment

Originally posted by ArashB View Post
                      Thumbs down for me on that design.

Why dont we, between us, put together a new design for that chassis, then we'll crowd source money into a famous builders shop like Mike Vetter, and have a body kit made.
                      If the design is great, then gathering interested car enthusiast to put backing on it shouldn't be too hard. You'd have to advertise on multiple forums.
                      Thats what im saying! since it is only a rebody it wouldn't be too hard either! I have thought about doing a kickstarter to get money and buy a kit to rework it, but i doubt id get support since my experience in this is amatuer i doubt id get many people to trust me with their money. but there's gotta be someone on here with the tools and know how that can turn this around! im just dying to see a redesign from the community pop up on here!

Comment

There are very few kit and one-off manufacturers who turn out a stellar original design
                        Matt (vaydor) is one
                        Noble is another
                        Among limited production supercar manufacturers, pagani and spyker are gorgeous

FF reminds me of consulier - atrocious design but fantastic performance

Comment

Well I don't know what to say after all this FFR bashing. I am sorry I posted this. While all you guy are arguing over a kit car design, I am out driving my 818 and getting thumbs up where ever I go.
                          Mike
                          please visit my web site at www.replicaparts.com

Comment

I think your Altra is very cool.
                            The ALTRA referred to is a version of an Ariel Atom, not that ugly Catfish thing. By the way, I saw early sketches for the Catfish and it wasn't too bad (done, I think, by an Art Center grad). Unfortunately the modeling is just terrible.
                            Design execution is as important as the original design ideas. In the case of the 818, the ideas are merely tired and derivative but the execution is terrible.

Comment

Originally posted by michael Everson View Post
                              Well I don't know what to say after all this FFR bashing. I am sorry I posted this. While all you guy are arguing over a kit car design, I am out driving my 818 and getting thumbs up where ever I go.
                              Mike
                              If you enjoy your 818 that's all that matters!! Not the opinions of others . The opinions in this forum likely correlate to the public at large when they see an 818 - some love it, as witnessed by the thumbs up you get . some hate it and some think it needs refinement . But you shouldn't concern yourself with public opinion , if you like it that's all that matters

I'm sure there are plenty of people who hate Lamborghini and ferrari designs too.

Comment

This is just an educated guess, but I bet FFR has the highest percentage of finished kits than any other manufacturer. They are designed and engineered to be built by the average person with normal hand tools. Maybe at a sacrifice of a little "flair". I'm ok with that. I cant tell you how many Lamborghini and Ferrari replicas I have come across that people cannot finish. Doesn't do much good to have a gorgeous supercar that never leaves your garage because you never finish it.
                                Mike
                                please visit my web site at www.replicaparts.com

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X