Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

K1 Attack Revitalised.... Update ideas needed !!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• K1 Attack Revitalised.... Update ideas needed !!

I started a K1 attack build a , ahem, few years ago now...

Unfortunately work and other things took precedent and the old K1 was put on the back burner. Well, I've just dragged her out of storage and going to see if I can get her together

I'm hoping to have the rolling chassis together within 6 weeks or so, then it will be time for the bodywork fit. What I need is some inspiration for the design.. The K1 looks a little long in the tooth these days..

What do you reckon??? are there any budding designers out there who fancy coming up with something and getting to see it made and hopefully driving around next summer. :/

Bits like the wheelbase and trackwidth are set along with the general shape of the car... Im sure we can do something more unique and modern looking for the front end and give her a much needed update..

Regards

Attackbuilder

Originally posted by attackbuilder View Post
    I started a K1 attack build a , ahem, few years ago now...

Unfortunately work and other things took precedent and the old K1 was put on the back burner. Well, I've just dragged her out of storage and going to see if I can get her together

I'm hoping to have the rolling chassis together within 6 weeks or so, then it will be time for the bodywork fit. What I need is some inspiration for the design.. The K1 looks a little long in the tooth these days..

What do you reckon??? are there any budding designers out there who fancy coming up with something and getting to see it made and hopefully driving around next summer. :/

Bits like the wheelbase and trackwidth are set along with the general shape of the car... Im sure we can do something more unique and modern looking for the front end and give her a much needed update..

Regards

Attackbuilder
    post some pics. I almost bought a kit, I found one in a storage unit. The thing about the K1 is that is always looked like a kit instead of an exotic. Good news is that yes you can modify it.
    Yellow Vetter Carrera Gt-boxter based
    White Vetter Murcielago-boxter based
    White Gagliardi Vendetta
    Gemballa avalanche 911

Team Mad Mechanics 2016

Comment

Attached Files
      Last edited by IKAROS; 09-29-2015, 12:32 PM.
      [URL]https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100011584922711[/URL]

Comment

The attack was such a cool car. To bad it never really went anywhere
        [url]www.fiberclassics.org[/url]
        [url]www.miatakitcar.com[/url]

Comment

Hi Ikaros

Now thats what i'm talking about

I love the fact that the lines are still very K1... I have already made the doors and front and rear clams, the front would be easy enough to modify along these lines.

The rear is a bit more work, and i can t get my head around all the rear lines yet. I must admit, I had never considered a coupe, but with the English weather it makes the car a whole lot more useable..

I ll post up some pictures as the chassis comes together and hopefully get some bodywork mocked up

many thanks

Comment

Hi attackbuilder.

Thanks man for your positive feedback.
            I will simplify the rear to be closer to the kit.It will be easier to modify.

Comment

Originally posted by IKAROS View Post

I do like that rear end. Great idea.

Comment

Thank you very much MunkyKing.

Another version.Simplier rear to modify.

Look at the original image rear lights.I think its fairly easier to change the shape of them...
                Attached Files
                Last edited by IKAROS; 10-18-2015, 05:40 PM.

Comment

Either one looks great really. I think the blacked out backend gives the car a more modern exotic car look, while the simpler design still looks good yet looks like perhaps the model before the blacked out back end. If these were production cars I mean.
                  [COLOR=#333333]It's a never ending battle of making your cars better and also trying to be better yourself. - Dale Earnhardt Sr[/COLOR]

Comment

Thank you G35Mike.

I think that this is my favorite design so far.Made some minor changes.

Wish I could build that on an mr2.....

Attached Files
                    Last edited by IKAROS; 10-01-2015, 02:13 PM.

Comment

The wheel base looks like it would work.

Is there another reason you wouldn't be able to? Cost perhaps?
                      [COLOR=#333333]It's a never ending battle of making your cars better and also trying to be better yourself. - Dale Earnhardt Sr[/COLOR]

Comment

Ikaros, your designs are amazing! I am looking forward to seeing more of your design ideas. Any you can share?

Comment

Thank you guys...

I'm a paramedic not a designer.This designs are fun projects and i enjoy doing them.
                          I love cars but my priorities for now are different.

Yes if i had the money i would go for it....and Yes i have some designs based on the miata & the mr2.
                          I recently finished my original designs of IKAROS (tandem seats) & i will post them on my thread(soon i will create one)....

Last edited by IKAROS; 10-01-2015, 06:33 PM.

Comment

Your stuff looks good man!!
                            VAYDOR---G35 based exotic kit car

Comment

I can't remember but I am pretty sure the original K1 did not have side windows? I really like the coupe look as well. Very nice design set IKAROS.

If a coupe is going to be done, I highly recommend fitting some oem side windows to the K1 screen and whatever fits the doors etc., and then make the final rendition off the design sketches above but will fit those side windows. Otherwise, you are chasing side windows forever after it has been done...... The bane of our hobby.......

Keep the design changes up as they are very nice. Looking forward to seeing what comes out of the actual sculpting.

Cheers
                              Don
                              308 Ferrari replica
                              Prova Countach 5000S

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X