Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where can I find an Infiniti to build the vaydor ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where can I find an Infiniti to build the vaydor ?

Hi I'm just wondering where the best place to buy an Infiniti with body damage is. I don't want to pay for the whole car if I'm just going to tear it all up anyways. I'm in billings MT anywhere close by would be nice let me know

Try Copart and Insurance Auto Auctions, but you will need someone that has a license to buy for you.
    Pedro

Comment

Check the salvage yards for a G that may be wrecked body wise but the frame, engine and tranny are in good shape.

Not sure where your located, but there was a G someone was selling in Springhill, Florida. I took a pic of it but I have no other information on it and not sure if it's still there.

But if you want, I can try to swing up there this weekend and see if it's still available and get the details on it for you.

Like I was originally saying though, there are a good number of them in the salvage yards. The shape of the body wont matter as your chucking it, but there are several parts from the G you will need to retain to use in the building of the Vaydor.

If you haven't already done so, Visit the Vaydor site as I believe it gives you a list of what comes with the kit and what you may need to retain from the G.

If I am wrong on the parts you need to retain. There are a few threads on building a Vaydor at this time on this forum. I would take some time to read through the builds to see what you need to be aware of.

Hope this helps and best of luck on your build.
      [COLOR=#333333]It's a never ending battle of making your cars better and also trying to be better yourself. - Dale Earnhardt Sr[/COLOR]

Comment

hey thanks guys, i been looking into it for about a week now and as soon as i saw the car and the price to build it i knew that this is what i want to do. and am going to do. i don't really have any experience in it but not going to let that stop me.i feel like I'm going to be on here a lot as soon as i get started. so a few questions i have off the top of my head
        1-the vaydor spider, is this more expensive or more challengeing in any way? and dose it come with a hard top or soft top?
        2-what is the average price of someone doing this awesome project
        3-how is the fiberglass connected to the roll cage?
        i have a ton more but ill start with that lol
        like i said I'm just an average guy with a day job just struggling to get by that I'm not one of those guys that can just do this on a whim
        so we will see how it goes

Comment

Originally posted by Sgt-singh-USMC View Post
          i don't really have any experience in it but not going to let that stop me.

so a few questions i have off the top of my head
          1-the vaydor spider, is this more expensive or more challengeing in any way? and dose it come with a hard top or soft top?
          2-what is the average price of someone doing this awesome project
          3-how is the fiberglass connected to the roll cage?
          i have a ton more but ill start with that lol
          like i said I'm just an average guy with a day job just struggling to get by that I'm not one of those guys that can just do this on a whim
          so we will see how it goes

Sarge, building a car is going to take experience in fabrication, welding and fiberglass. It's going to double in price if you don't have those skills. Why do you think Mike Vetter charges 70-80 grand to build that car.

All your questions on the vader are on this forum. Use the search button and research the vaydor build diaries. Search ebay also. Get a hold of any and all kitcar build videos available. Read all the build diaries. It doesn't have to be vader, you will learn from any and all of the other brands.
          Yellow Vetter Carrera Gt-boxter based
          White Vetter Murcielago-boxter based
          White Gagliardi Vendetta
          Gemballa avalanche 911

Team Mad Mechanics 2016

Comment

Ya I know it's going to be one hell of a time. But what I don't know I can learn and what I can't learn I can ask for help with. I still have a lot of time to do my research and ensure I am going to get at this the right way. I would definitely like to see more videos on the building on the car I have only found a few and there aren't all that detailed at all. I will continue to read all the posts. And hopefully more will be coming.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X