Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Countach 15"wheels....any sources?

Howdy all,
    Now that I am going old style with my Countach build, I'm wondering if there are any phone dial wheel replicas out there, or possibility of custom manufacturer that might help
    I contacted Image Wheels and spoke with Harry. ...they do make a new Billet Classic version now, but it is still a 3 piece wheel, I'd much rather have a more accurate version if possible. ..I'm thinking about selling my Compomotive lc15 wheels to help fray the cost of these older style wheels. ..any thoughts or suggestions greatly appreciated.
    Will

Here's the newer version of the wheel

http://www.imagewheels.co.uk/billet-...d-alloy-wheel/

Comment

Thoughts on this?

Comment

Hey Will , I would love a set of 17" wheel covers . I think K9 was working on some fiberglass covers but not sure where this has gone . You might find that 345's are near impossible to find in 15" . Pretty sure a wheel cover will be the best solution to the phone dial rim problem.

Comment

K9cop,
          weren't you going to make some phone dial rims? ?

Comment

345's are tough, but because there are several vehicles out there that use them...pirelli does a small run each year... so that helps

Comment

Yup on the covers, but would rather cast wheels if possible

Comment

Originally posted by wbnemo1 View Post
                K9cop,
                weren't you going to make some phone dial rims? ?
                Guys, you need to copy me in on threads if you want me to reply. I have full CADs for 17" phone dial wheels, and will have 15's soon. I may yet make an alloy 'hub cap' to go a 17" , or scaled down to 15", steel wheel, but the glass project is taking all the time I have to spare at the moment, and that is more important to me.

K9

Comment

Or buy this Jalpa wheel set:

http://www.eurospares.co.uk/parts/la...-26201/LWHE009

Comment

Cool, I love the Bravo style, but they aren't the right size, unfortunately, I think this would have been great, otherwise. ..front rims are too small,need 8.5 x15 and rears as well, needing 12x15...I guess there's a way to make them work, but sure would rather have the right wheels (phone dials )....now about the glass..do tell..any sources for frames?

Comment

Cool, I love the Bravo style, but they aren't the right size, unfortunately, I think this would have been great, otherwise. ..front rims are too small,need 8.5 x15 and rears as well, needing 12x15...I guess there's a way to make them work, but sure would rather have the right wheels (phone dials )....now about the glass..do tell..any sources for frames?
                      I've been working with Don on OEM size tinted, tempered, compound curved door glass for a while now. We are very close (I think) to have saleable product. BUT it will be OEM size, so your doors and roof will have to ft it. Frames? Again, I have full CADs for those, and may offer as a package, not sure yet.

K9

Comment

Sounds great....might keep in mind that the glass dims have quite a bit of play room once seated to the frames....about a quarter of an inch or so in most areas of the frames...plus you have the felt on either side of the windows as well...just makes it alot easier to fit glass to frames....this is a great thing....for what it's worth...i did have Peter Swann make the corner lites taller...also we redid the rear quarterlites as well as they were too short and not wide enough

Comment

Sounds great....might keep in mind that the glass dims have quite a bit of play room once seated to the frames....about a quarter of an inch or so in most areas of the frames...plus you have the felt on either side of the windows as well...just makes it alot easier to fit glass to frames....this is a great thing....for what it's worth...i did have Peter Swann make the corner lites taller...also we redid the rear quarterlites as well as they were too short and not wide enough
                          Not sure when you had Peter Swann work on stuff, because he's been replaced and the I've been working with the new guy for at least a year. He has my OEM rear 1/4's now and is making patterns for laminated copies, but we'll be having tempered ones made, to cater to original cars as well as replicas.

I understand how the windows/frames are put together, and I understand the reasoning. I'd suggest it was because the quality control was so shocking back then, they needed to be able to accommodate the glass they were supplied, which was hopefully sort of roughly near enough the right size... probably. My OEM set is different sizes left to right, but the glass we are having made is made the same size, to the accepted, published dimensions, left to right to make things more consistent.

K9

Comment

Sweet, I bet Mark would be interested in a set of glass too for his 89...you're right, it was years ago I was working with Peter Swann. ..guess things have changed

Comment

So is there a complete set of 17 " wheelcovers available ? Or are they still in design ? Thx

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X