Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lambo Koenig Countach pics

Hi Lambo1,

Here are some pics of my car. I will be doing some work on it over fall/ winter..Interior is going to be redone in red leather and body will be re-painted Artic White. Let me know if you need any help / info regarding your Lambo kit..

Cheers,
    Nick

Re:Lambo Koenig Countach pics

Hi your car looks great. I am working on a Countach 5000S
    With engine cover like yours. What frame and motor setup are you using must be a Buick or a Caddy for dist. to be in front but looks like Chev valve covers but is a Toronado type trans
    I have that setup in mine with turbo buick V6 but Engine cover does not fit also I built frame for a 96.5 WB but it does not fit wheel holes in body need to streach frame another 4" I'm thinking but carb still in wrong place. Gene

Comment

Hi Gene,

It's a small block 350 chev mated to an Toronado. Who is the maker of your body ?

Thanks,

Nick

Comment

HI Nick
        I think its a Prova I bought it from a guy in Arkansas about 3 or 4 years ago I had a Mid-engeering frame started with this setup< I had started to scratch build a Countach body so I just took it off and put the other body on and started the roll cage in side the body. I haven't worked on it much lately to busy fixing broken cars for family . Do you have a front drive distrubitor, and are you using a Fiero frame or a tube frame. Gene

Comment

Hi Gene,

It's funny you mentioned that it might be a Prova body, as just last night i was at a friend's house where he owns a ultima tube frame Prova w/ 2.8 6 fiero -stock muffler..They got it the motor re-built and started it up. It sounded nothing like a 6 cyl.at all, in fact it sounds very close to the real deal.
          The guy that owns this car actually owns a real '87 Countach
          and he was impressed the way the Prova sounded...

As for your wheelbase issue, the prova body should fit like a glove over a 96.5 inch wheelbase...?? Is you car longer in the back perhaps ?

I have a full stainless steel tube chassis on a 96.5 inch wheelbase. I can send you some pics of the chassis as the car is now hoisted up 2 1/2 feet off the ground.

Nick

Comment

Yes Nick
            Pictures of your frame would be great and in as much detail as you have time for. I'll will owe you bigtime. when you have time. Thanks Gene

Comment

right hand drive! trick! where are you from?

Comment

Hi Gene,

I will take some digital pics of the frame for you tonite and post for you.

Poontang, im located just ouside of Toronto, Ont. Canada.

Comment

Hi Gene,

Went into the garage to take some chassis pics for and of course the damn batteries went dead of the camera after 4 shots...Hope some of these pics help..I will take some more
                  with fresh batteries tommorow..any particular area of the chassis that u want a shot of ??

underneath close to the front of car.

Left rear Hub assembly ( Dual Spax Coilovers in rear, although im refurbishing all 6 shocks at the moment as per pic below)

Car has twin fuel cells similar to the original car's set up.

Hope this helps..

Cheers,

Nick

Comment

Thanks Nick great pictures.Maybe some in middle of car then around motor area, what I would need to know if I were to find plans and build one simular. Gene

Comment

I think I have seen this car before. Did it have 350 hooked to porsche trans at one time?
                      I am very curious about one thing. Correct me if I am wrong but wasn't the Toronado trans driving the motor forwards. Your motor is in backwards. The distributor should be on the wing side of the block, not the cabin side.
                      I have seen a setup like this once, it was a reverse drive unit hooked to the trans output shaft with a differential under the engine.
                      Where abouts in Toronto area are you? Is it worth a trip to my school to show it off? Kids love this stuff.

Jim
                      http://jimdinner.wordpress.com/

Comment

Hi Jim,

The car your refering to belongs to a friend of mine, Rob. It's
                        the same exact kit as mine ( GBR Racing of England circa. 1987 ). Only 2 were built in the Toronto area at the time, mine and Rob's..You are correct Rob's is set up w/350 /914 transaxle.

I'd love to drive the car over to your school, but im currently
                        redoing the interior and will get the car ready for a re-paint this winter..

I think we have some mutual friends, Eddie, Carlos, Carlos Rosa, Victor..the whole lambo gang around T.O.

Im located in Brampton. Shoot up for a beer sometime and we can chat...

Nick

P:S : Great work ur doing on ur 355 project, its looking amazing so far ....

Comment

Did someone say beer?
                          I will do that, the Countach is one of my favs.
                          I will be in touch.

jim
                          http://jimdinner.wordpress.com/

Comment

very nice I will have to come over soon and check it out
                            A Prancing Horse will ALWAYS back away from a RAGING BULL

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X