Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re:Triangle G's kit?

Originally posted by meat
    There's no dispute. You do not know what you're talking about in reference to the Triangle G product. I am not disputing that at all. As far as this going any further, your just a waist of my time.

And yes, I'm really tired of the boarding pass spam. I'm surprised that Ari is letting it go on for as long as it has.

Your pal,
    Meat.
    I am so sorry that i dont know what i am talking about. That is why Triangle G does business as Good Speed Racing. Oh but then again I dont know what I am talking about.

as for the emails is it expedia, travelocity, orbitz that is in the sent by message. Because if it is then that is from them but if there are other emails being sent inregards to traveling benefits then send me your email and I will have the company remove you from the database and for this I do apoligize. Alot of times emails get duplicated in the system and it needs to get fixed.

Comment

Meat,
      Is your name Johny or Steve or do you even live in (909) or (818) area codes? Becuase I will tell you something for not being an owner of the 2 companies you sure are taking this personally. Oh again I don't know what I am talking about. End of conversation.

Comment

I have to put one last thing on the subject. Since I don't know what I am talking about.

I think 7 imgs is good enough. Oh I thought I didn't know what I was talking about. Listen Meat there are 2 things I don't do and that is LIE or BULL SH*T. My ethics are too high. As you can see in the interior it is not perfect. Final completion on this subject. Now I deserve an apology for the insults.

Comment

im not trying to be a smarteleck or anything,and im not an authority on interiors,im just trying to obtain knowledge.what is so wrong with that interior.could you be specific,i kinda like it

Comment

Here is a pic of a real one that I got from the net.

One detail that is easily seen is the door interior panel. There are more but this isn't a thing to complain about Triangle G's kit. He does great work. Just the details are a little off to being an exact replica.

Comment

Here are pics of the same car after it got the new interior.

I think the old one looked all right, but this one looks much better.
              Rick Lord<br />http://www.kingdomcustoms.com<br />[img]http://www.desertlord.com/galleries/86fierogt/sm/signature.jpg[/img]

Comment

Isn't this forum great!! ;D I think everyone has an eye for
                certain details. You can save $$ on the chassis... the
                suspenion.. the drive train.. tires and wheels.. body and paint..ect. or you can go all out with a OEM finish. which as
                we all know can be very expensive. I think it all comes down
                to " you get what you pay for " If the person is not willing to
                spend top dollar they will not get top quality. Steve is a great
                builder and even a greater person. We all have different ways
                we finish or call our finished product. And to some it might be
                half done, and to others it may be way over. We should
                do our home work and base our choices off past reputaions.
                Well it usually work's, but why is that company in Chino still around.. What The?!?!

EEExotic

Just smart enough to be very Dangerous

Comment

i see.

Comment

Yes, you don't know what you're talking about.

And you're apparently unclear on what the term "end of conversation" means as well.

Your pal,
                    Meat.
                    I shall be telling this with a sigh / Somewhere ages and ages hence / Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - / I took the road less travelled by / And that has made all the difference. - Robert Frost

Comment

Thanksfor posting the pics of the black car. The exterior is killer ! However, I gotta agree that the second interior (IFG ?) looks better - it's more curved and matches the flow of the car; the first was too angular. Funny how I've heard that IFG's fiberglass bodywork was terrible! Maybe they should team their interior with G's exterior . I'd also like to comment that i can't imagine somebody spending 8 grand on an interior unless they just drove into a shop, said "I want connoly leather and the best of everything else", dropped the keys and left. Im just finishing up my ferrari replica interior and I'll probably have about 2500 including the sound system. 'course I used vinyl instead of leather and did the install work myself.

Im thinking hard about G's 6.0 kit for my 88 fiero GT. I am definitely concerned about the frame stretch bcause Id like to get the roadster/ targa version. Any comments on the frame flex/ stability of the black car? From what I know, the original fiero roof gets cut off regardless if you get the roadster or the hardtop version of the 6.0 (or any other of G's kits actually). Thanks

Comment

Speaking of Triangle G, there's one of their Roadster kits (with a Fiero donor) on eBay right now:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=2448017049

I don't know what the reserve is, but the buy it now price is no bargain - $5500, which is basically what you'd pay for the kit new ($4900) and the donor car...

Bill

Comment

Let me try to clear up a few things. I own the black Diablo, so please don't tell me I don't know what I'm talking about.

Why did I spend $8,000 at IFG on the car after I spent $50,000 to buy it and another $7,000 for various mechanical fixes? It wasn't all for the interior but most of it was interior related. The vents weren't connected, the ignition key only worked if you reached under the dash to hit a pushbutton, the radio does not work and is mounted between the seatbacks, all the functions of the steering wheel stalk were replaced by rotary switches on the dash, the passenger seatbelt doesn't retract, the windows don't roll down, you can't fit in the car if you are over 5'7 or 5'8".

Building a sloppy car is one thing, but locating the radio between the seatbacks? Using a rotary dash-mounted switch for the turn signal? C'mon! I'm sure there is a lot more but that's just off the top of my head. When IFG removed the dash they had to retrace all the dashboard wiring because Triangle-G used identical brown wire and electrical tape on every circuit.

The doors open from the outside by using a hook that you stick into a hole in the door to capture and pull on the door release mechanism, the side windows were fiberglassed in place, the windshield wiper assembly was glued on and the rest of the wiper system was eliminated; no switch, no motor, no wiring.

The A/C failed after 30 miles, and thatís about when the chassis started to warp. The chassis was reinforced with a few pieces of thin-gauge sheet metal when it was stretched. It had already started to warp when I bought it because Triangle-G used some spring spacers to prop up the front right corner since without the spacers it sits about 3Ē lower than the left corner.

Thatís where the $8,000 went. The description on E-Bay said that the car had a CD player, but it had a non-functioning cassette player, they said power door locks and power windows, they said cruise control. When I called to them on the phone, they confirmed everything in the E-Bay description and also said that the brakes, suspension, and motor had been rebuilt. Worst of all, the description said the car had 46,000 miles. When I took it in to DMV to register it, they said that the car had 119,000 miles in 1994. They asked me if I wanted them to call their fraud division but I said no.

I learned a very valuable $65,000 lesson: You may get what you paid for, or you may not; it all depends on who you're dealing with. But like Iíve said before, I think Triangle-G turnkey cars LOOK great, just donít expect to sit in one or drive it.

Comment

Thanks for the reply. Sounds like you have every right to be upset. I can relate to your situation on a smaller scale bcause of the problems I bought when I bought my 512BB kitcar. Of course I bought it from a builder that did a sh$tty job, Not the manufacturer. Thank God for this forum and Pennock's or I'd be "In A World Of Hurt". I can also relate to "third world wiring" and short-circuits draining new batteries. Hopefully IFG color-coded your new wiring or at least labelled or diagrammed everything.

If you need more headroom, there is a thread on Pennock's fiero forum (www.fiero.nl) by V8 Archie on a Stinger build-up. In the thread, he shows how he lowered the seats. When I sat in G's Murcielligo car, the lack of headroom worried me, especially since I have starion seats that can't b lowered like Archie did. If all else fails, I guess you could get a welder to lower the floorpan sections. Heavy plate might also help against frame flexing.

How did you fix the frame problems ? Do you now have windows that go up and down - I thought that All the lambo kits had fixed windows ?

I love your car, but won't try anything like it until I do A LOT more homework- my pockets aren't that deep

Comment

Re: Triangle G's kit?

Any comment Meat ?

WOW that is nice interior my ass!!!!!!!!
                              that shit looks like a fat chick on a bad day after a keg of beer
                              and those lights in the dash
                              can you say batmobile?
                              Meat ! why must you talk down to every one to make yourself feel better about you
                              Hmm!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                              I'm waiting
                              thanks porknbeanz for telling it like it is

come on Meat
                              still here

Comment

Re: Triangle G's kit?

lol
                                So whats wrong with a replica?

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse