355 Pin Strip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 355 Pin Strip

Should I add the pin strip or not. I am starting to think I shouldn't. Just asking for opinions.

Jim
    http://jimdinner.wordpress.com/

Re:355 Pin Strip

no way

Comment

I would and I did.

[img]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y224/docurley/MR2/MR2Sig.jpg[/img]<br />Toyota MR2 Turbo with BAD kit and Real Ferrari F355 wheels.

Comment

Jim:

The stripe can easily be installed with some black 1/4 inch vinyl pinstripe tape from an auto pasts house. It will make the car look longer and your eye will have a tendency to follow the line rather than focus on the dark vertical lines leading your eye to the door jambs down through the rocker panels. You can always remove it later if you decide you just hate it. I personally think it will set of the lines of your build and make it look better.

I would also black out the hood scoop, the triangle where the mirrors mount to the car and lower door scoop with flat black spray paint.

Just another opinion, they are like noses, arenít they, we all have them. Best of luck.

Dave
        If you're not confused, you're not paying attention.

Comment

DO IT! and if you do add it, I would wrap it around the car; to give the effect that the rest of the panels are seperate as well.

Comment

Yes, put a stripe on it all around....

Right now the panels on your car look and are one piece, which is wrong....The panels should be separate just like the real F355.
            VK
            Life is too short to be driving Hondas!

Comment

I agree, The pin stripe should be there. It breaks things up and gives some nice contrast with the yellow. And the OEM car has it, just finishes it off.

EEExotic
              Just smart enough to be very Dangerous

Comment

Sold. I just wanted to hear it from you guys before I did it. I will be wet sanding the finish next week and buffing it so after that I will add the stripe. I had planned on the black outs already and I even made replica louvers for inside the door scoups so if someone were to look in it would be hard to see anything. There are still lots of things to touch up before I even start on the interior.
                I have seen one 355 on the road in the past three years, most people won't notice the lines in the rockers. I didn't cut it because of all the work I had to do to get the body smooth and straight. Perhaps next time.
                L8R
                Jim
                http://jimdinner.wordpress.com/

Comment

Re: 355 Pin Strip

I am thinking of adding the black pin stripe on my car. Jim, did you have good success with the stripe?

Comment

You should add a stripe along the lower rockers as well.
                    Even the longest journey begins with the first step.

Comment

Originally posted by FerrariFan
                      You should add a stripe along the lower rockers as well.
                      I just looked at my neighbors 355. He has no other stripe on his car near the rocker panels. I think I will only do the one in the door center line.

Comment

I realize that a real 355 doesn't have a pinstripe along the rockers. Judging from the pictures of JDinner's car it needs a black stripe along the rockers to simulate that it is a separate part like the real 355 or the Watson 355.
                        Even the longest journey begins with the first step.

Comment

Originally posted by FerrariFan
                          I realize that a real 355 doesn't have a pinstripe along the rockers. Judging from the pictures of JDinner's car it needs a black stripe along the rockers to simulate that it is a separate part like the real 355 or the Watson 355.
                          I have 355 rockers on my car, Jim doesn't. I see what you are talking about now. Thanks for the input.

Dave
                          Attached Files

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X