mustang kits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mustang kits

i read a post on here about some mustang kits, or even shelby GT kits (gone in sixty seconds) have been made.

unfortunately i can not find any available information on the net...i must be going crazy!!

apparently the shelby in gone in sixty seconds was a replica, but cost almost the same as buying the real thing???

any informtion on available kits, the kits used in gone in sixty seconds if the statement is true, prices, chassis etc would be appreciated!!

Cheers..

dann
    [b] Give me the chance and i would....[/b]

Re: mustang kits

the shelby in Gone in 60 seconds was made just for that film from what I understand, and was never around before then! Hence why the kit is always called the 'Eleanor' replica as that is what the car was named in the film. You can also get GT500 and GT350 replicas, along with some of the other top marques of the car (Boss 429, etc!) The base car for these is the 1967/68 Mustang 2+2 Fastbacks, although others can be used. There is alot of aftermarket parts out there to bring these cars back upto date such as disc brake conversions, coilover conversions and also power steering conversions - Check out the second link below for all these!

Here is a company that sells turnkeys and kits
    http://eleanormustangs.com/index.html

And this one the kit and everything else you could ever want for the replica
    http://www.mustangdepot.com/

Comment

cheers...

the links provided are awesome...

shame about prices thou... the kits are over 3k!!
      I was hoping that there were something more along 2k...after-all you can use a mustang/gt500 chassis!!

o well..my mistake!!

please keep the comments comin in!!

dann

Comment

Yes, unfortunately the old mustangs are now very pricey.  The mustang to use is a 1967-68 fastback.  They can be found in fair condition for and 8,000 - 10,000 dollars US.  If you're going on the cheap, it's almost better to get a poorer conditioned car and just do the fiberglass mods when you start a restoration.  I think you'd end up spending around 20 - 25k when all is said and done if you do the labor yourself. 

As far as Pearson Mustangs ( http://www.eleanormustangs.com ) is concerned - I've seen the cars in the flesh and talked with the owner (Scott Pearson) personally.  I think the cost would actually be worth it, considering the quality of the product - incredible!

Comment

thanks for the replies...

looking up old mussies for while now...no luck on budget thou!

thanks all the same

dann

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X