f355 kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• f355 kit

Well ive been reading and reading and wanting to build a f355 kit. ive owned a few fiero's and plan to use a 2.8L turbo donor car for my kit. Just wondering about the authenticity of the kits out there. what is the best and which ones to avoid. also I looked the blueprints someone posted and by the looks of it the width and length is pretty much the same other than the 3" wheelbase difference which will be streched. so my question is side by side is there going to be big difference in size and are people going to be able to tell the real from the fake side by side... or even not side by side..
    thanks

Re: f355 kit

It all depends on the kit supplier. Seperate rocker panels and bumpers are a dead give away if your kit doesn't have them. Curved windshield adds to the deception too.
    It all depends on how much you want to spend on the fit and finish of your car.

Jim
    http://jimdinner.wordpress.com/

Comment

well thats the thing. i dont mind spending a little bit more for a nicer build.
      also what do you think about the TR kit ? is there lots around and how do they compare to the real deal. I wouldnt mind one of those either.

Comment

Did someone say TR kit? http://www.madmechanics.com/yabbse/i...p?topic=3553.0
        I'm pretty sure MikeD wouldn't mind hearing from you. Right now we're working on a deal where I might use one of his bodies. Fingers crossed it'll go thru.
        Bob custom '84 Fiero SE --->>> custom F408
        http://www.madmechanics.com/forum/cu...ilepic37_1.gif

Comment

Watson 355 Kit (front bumper removed) on the way to be painted by Bondo Bob. We should have it on the road soon.

Ferrari's rendition of a Watson kit based on a real 355
          If you're not confused, you're not paying attention.

Comment

Tommy Hilfiger's 355 Challenge Car based upon a real 355 Ferrari.

A John Watson Air Dynamics kit with some OEM parts from Tommy Hilfiger's 355 Challenge Car including the wheels and tires that came on the car. 

A lot of us think the John Watson Air Dynamics kit might be close enough. His direct phone number is 706-328-3311. No web site. He is an old school designer/builder from GM.

Dave

If you're not confused, you're not paying attention.

Comment

youll get one rcr ,i promise.polonez, if you want a 355 air dynamics is the only source you should even consider,hes the best 355 supplier by far.no one else even comes close on the 355 stuff.have you heard which car was picked as the best looking car ever by maxim magazine,it wasnt a 355

Comment

not sure what was voted by maxim. dont really read that ..... So you guys say either the Airdynamics or the Watson kit is the way to go? Which ones to avoid ?
                and does anyone have the video on their computer they can send to me on build .. would be nice to see whats involved and all before i make a choice.... of either the AD or Watson.

Comment

a.d and watson is the same thing,the best 355 supplier out there

Comment

ahh sounds good
                    any other decent ones that are good? and which to avoid... ill be looking for mostly a used kit or on ebay or something....

Comment

Mike .What about a TR kit? im guessing your the man for that so was the TR named the best by maxim?
                      also... You dont see to many TR kits around. its mostly 355's out there..... I like the look of a TR and honestly wouldnt mind that either. Do they make them anymore?
                      Someone was saying you have molds? Also does a TR kit need a 3" stretch aswell and what would the dimensions be of the kit compared to the real deal. as the 355 and the 355 kit is pretty much identical for size wise.
                      Thanks
                      Very interested in hearing back

Comment

Mike has the molds to do the TR. He's actually working on the Hamann version, which I personally think is awesome. Dimensionally, the TR requires a 7.25" stretch, plus the rear is raised an inch to get the roofline correct. Mikes bodywork really looks great. Check out the pics in all the different threads in the Mall and Tech forums.

Mike:
                        youll get one rcr ,i promise.
                        Believe me, I don't doubt you. It's just that I've been close several times and something always seems to come up. Still looking forward to it

Bob
                        Bob custom '84 Fiero SE --->>> custom F408
                        http://www.madmechanics.com/forum/cu...ilepic37_1.gif

Comment

Ok cool. I would be interested in doing a real looking TR kit.
                          Mike do you have the molds for this? complete?

Comment

i do ,but right now im changing the look of the ft. end [h/l assys,hood,ft. fenders].im not really a production mfr. like a.d,but i would like to sell some stuff,but im not going to committ to anyone until i get finished with my changes to the ft. end.im not trying to sound like a know it all,but if you want a 355,do not even consider buying one from anyone other than a. d,most of these [ bargains ] you see on ebay and other places are more trouble than they are worth,i know john ,ive seen his cars, his molds,you can go to his facility and see for yourself.im not really a big 355 fan,but the a.d stuff blows everybody else away.if you really would rather have a 512 ,hang loose,ill be posting some new pics of my new ft. end in the next 2 weeks

Comment

Originally posted by mike d.
                              i do ,but right now im changing the look of the ft. end [h/l assys,hood,ft. fenders].im not really a production mfr. like a.d,but i would like to sell some stuff,but im not going to committ to anyone until i get finished with my changes to the ft. end.im not trying to sound like a know it all,but if you want a 355,do not even consider buying one from anyone other than a. d,most of these [ bargains ] you see on ebay and other places are more trouble than they are worth,i know john ,ive seen his cars, his molds,you can go to his facility and see for yourself.im not really a big 355 fan,but the a.d stuff blows everybody else away.if you really would rather have a 512 ,hang loose,ill be posting some new pics of my new ft. end in the next 2 weeks   
                              Sounds good! might be the way to go with a 512
                              i got time anyways gotta put the turbo in the fiero first

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X