2004 Fiero GT rebody concept

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2004 Fiero GT rebody concept

Here's a concept I drew-up for re-styling the GT Fiero with a 3 inch stretch and wider track ( +2"F/+4"R).  The gun metal Fiero belongs to a fella who goes by the name "Bad Azz GT" on Pennock's Forum.  A very nice looking Fiero I must say. 

Re: 2004 Fiero GT rebody concept

i like it more than the original, but isnt that ALOT of work just to get what is essencially [only] a better looking fiero?

then again some like replicas, some like fieros as is
    Professional 3D, web, graphic, architectural, interior, and CAM design at affoardable prices.<br />Any questions: voicemail/fax (323)281-0583<br />sales @ rt-network.com

Comment

The more I look at it, the more I'm starting to like it. I'm conceptualizing a front end with fixed headlights and an '02 Grandprix type front fascia. and C5 Vette tail lights with clear round centers.
      The engine bay should definitely be updated with a newer powerplant as well; something more hightech like a DOHC V6 or Northstar V8. Maybe I should take this over to Pennock's and see what the Fiero buffs think.

Rob

Comment

Very nice! almost gives ya that Ferrari 550 feeling from the back and ya fixed that front end too! (well i cant complain cuz Its saved me from ripping my bumper a couple times )
        Brad

Comment

HELLLLOOOOOO paint shop!!!!!
          I am in Lowell, Indiana<br />Building an 88 Fiero GT with a 93 STS Northstar and 5 speed Getrag. <br />Custom Mr. Mikes interior, Norms fiberglass nose and custom paint.

Comment

Looks too much like ever other Grand Am on the road to me.. And now we are going to have to suffer through the GTO name being used on another look-alike car.
            [img]http://www.fiero-performance.com/misc/songman355a.gif[/img]&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; [url=http://www.fiero-performance.com/][COLOR=FFFFFF]Fiero-Performance.com[/COLOR][/url]&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; [url=http://www.fiero-performance.com/coastrun/][COLOR=FFFFFF]2nd Annual California Coast Run[/COLOR][/url

Comment

More like a Gran Prix than a Grand Am to me.
              Even the longest journey begins with the first step.

Comment

it looks cool.heres what i would do ,lengthen the car 4 more inches,make the back of the doorabout 2 inches longer and make the forward part of the qtr. panel shorter about 3 inches or thereabouts.and reshape the saillamp panel glass [narrower].the car looks like all the lengthening was made up in the qtr. panel,i would try to spread it out among all the side panels,maybe even cut an inch and a half out of the ft. door and put another inch onto the back of the door, and loose a little more at the ft. of the qtr..i always thought it sucked that g.m killed the fiero,ive always thought if they would have made that car a little longer and powered it a little better that it would be a better looking car than the vettes of that era.the u.s has needed a rear engined sportscar for way to long

Comment

Originally posted by FerrariFan
                  More like a Gran Prix than a Grand Am to me.
                  That was my main idea; to re-panel the Fiero to look like a current model year Fiero from Pontiac. 
                  The late model Bonneville/GrandPrix front fascia features are very representative of the Pontiac look.  But I always thought the Fiero looked too short, therefore, the re-body is based on a stretch of 3 inches.  But why limit it to just 3" if it's going to be stretched?  What is the needed stretch length to install a longitudinal LS1 with an Audi 5000 tranny?  I will have to do a new rendering with a longer wheelbase to see what it'll look like.  The increased length will definitely open up the opportunity for many more drivetrain options.

Comment

I took the liberty of tweaking the modified pic a little further. 

Note that I did away with the side moulding to create a new body line.  I did away with the flip-out gas lid, sloped the front nose a little more and also put back a tad more rear bumper.  Yeah, it looks a little C5 Vette, but I feel it's a smooth look - I honestly feel that the Fiero should have replaced the Corvette, anyway!

Comment

Originally posted by Amida

What is the needed stretch length to install a longitudinal LS1 with an Audi 5000 tranny?
                      No one has figured out how to successfully mate the LS1 to the Audi 5000 tranny yet, but I would think you would need close to an 11" stretch to do it.
                      Rick Lord<br />http://www.kingdomcustoms.com<br />[img]http://www.desertlord.com/galleries/86fierogt/sm/signature.jpg[/img]

Comment

11" at the least.
                        I am in Lowell, Indiana<br />Building an 88 Fiero GT with a 93 STS Northstar and 5 speed Getrag. <br />Custom Mr. Mikes interior, Norms fiberglass nose and custom paint.

Comment

bertone lover,honestly,no car can ever replace the corvette

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X