Veilside kit for 355....new?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Veilside kit for 355....new?

I was doing some searches on Google and came across a 355 kit made by Veilside. It took some searching to get the pics, but after ending up on Veilsides Japanesse website I found them. They have it listed as for a Ferrari 348, and was a flash site so had to do plent of print screen, cutting and pastin to get them!!

What you think? Im not sure personally, the front makes the car look to square, but I dont mind the rear wing or the light surround!

Re: Veilside kit for 355....new?

go with the john watson kit. it looks far more accurate and shipping wont peel off your scalp.

I wonder what kind of taillights those are though....

Comment

It almost looks like the kit Jim Carpenter from Arizona made to convert a 348 to a 355 look-a-like.

If you're not confused, you're not paying attention.

Comment

Originally posted by Modena
        go with the john watson kit.  it looks far more accurate and shipping wont peel off your scalp.

I wonder what kind of taillights those are though....
        I think you've misunderstood what I meant1 Its not a replica kit, its a kit for a real 355!

Comment

oh I see...

you realize this is a site for kit owners right?

were trying to acheive a Ferrari look as the goal, I'm sure to even think about modifying a ferarrai is beyond our scope.

Comment

Originally posted by Modena
            oh I see...

you realize this is a site for kit owners right?

were trying to acheive a Ferrari look as the goal, I'm sure to even think about modifying a ferarrai is beyond our scope.
            Hahahaha....thats the best thing Ive heard, yeah mate I realise this is for kitcars, and have done for the year or so Ive been a member here, and longer that Ive been reading! Ive seen other people post up various kits for them beofre, such as the Konig one, so thought this may be of interest to some!

Comment

I've seen that before... I like it.. Makes it look like a Koenig race car to me.

And that is a kit for a 348, not a 355... Although I am sure it could be modified to fit. Notice the difference at the trailing end of the rear deck.. And of course, the shape of the side vents in the doors and in the rockers.

I've always though a 348 kit would be nice anyway. I think they are just as sporty as their big brother, the 355.
              [img]http://www.fiero-performance.com/misc/songman355a.gif[/img]      [url=http://www.fiero-performance.com/][COLOR=FFFFFF]Fiero-Performance.com[/COLOR][/url]      [url=http://www.fiero-performance.com/coastrun/][COLOR=FFFFFF]2nd Annual California Coast Run[/COLOR][/url

Comment

I like the 348 as well. When I initially purchased the Mirage Kit I wanted to build a 348 out of it.

Comment

I just loved the 348 Challenge car look. Then I ran into John Watson and could afford a 355 kit.

Comment

Yes I like the 348 also even though they did not take off that well. I am wondering what my car would look like if I cut out my rear grill like that I like it with the vents.

Comment

That Veilside body kit is absolutely awesome!! The tail lights are from a 355/360 (same part #'s) and the tail panel fits into the 348 rear grille but with a 512 Hammand look to it.

I love the rear bumper, it hugs the ground more and would hide any visual evidence that most of us have a transverse mounted v6 out back. It would also eliminate the need for an OEM ferrari muffler for authenticity, just go full custom.

I love the rear wing idea too. I was planning on using a stock fiero wing on my 355 to get the same affect as Dave did with funnywheels I.

I think we all get so hung up on being down to the exact metric bolts on accuracy but, I for one can appreciate being different. Just look at an average car show. Do you spend a lot of time looking at a mustang or corvette that is bone-stock or the one that has a drop kit, 20" wheels and ground effects, and a custom paint job? I would like to mix it up a bit and could concider this kit.

Cosmo, do you have any pricing or availibility on this kit? I understand your intentions of posting this and really appreciate the time and effort it took you to do so. Come on, lets dare to be different and open minded. Excellent find Cosmo.

Bob
                      5 out of 4 people are not good at fractions

Comment

I agree the kit looks pukka and would only make suttle changes like keeping the 355 front side/indiactors up front, other than that no changes. :P
                        [img]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y224/docurley/MR2/MR2Sig.jpg[/img]<br />Toyota MR2 Turbo with BAD kit and Real Ferrari F355 wheels.

Comment

Originally posted by superstang460
                          Cosmo, do you have any pricing or availibility on this kit? I understand your intentions of posting this and really appreciate the time and effort it took you to do so. Come on, lets dare to be different and open minded. Excellent find Cosmo.

Bob
                          My thoughts exactly, when my replica finally gets off the ground Im not going for a 'stock' replica. It'll have a mix of kits to my liking, and other aftermarket extras that take my fancy!

As for pricing....

Its not cheap, to give you a rough idea this is the pricing in US $ (roughly)
                          $3,400
                          $700
                          $1300
                          $1800
                          $2900
                          $550
                          $2000
                          $1400
                          $550

Like I said its not cheap! Obviously though once you have been through the US dealer you'll no doubt beable to get some better prices, as I know they are in the UK!

Comment

Thank you
                            looks great

Comment

This kit has been out for quite a while. As established, it's for a real 348, not 355. It's quite a nice kit, with quite a price tag. They never keep completed ones in stock, so it's made to order. The main reason for the pricing is that the entire kit is composed of carbon fibre. Yes, children! CARBON FIBRE! Not typical fibre glass. I haven't posted in quite a while, how've things been?

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X