Northstar V-8 conversion kit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Northstar V-8 conversion kit?

Dose any one know the good Northstar V-8 conversion kit? I have a 93 STS thinking conver the engine to my F-50 kit car I'm looking for a kit come with all the installation plan and parts. Thanks!

Re: Northstar V-8 conversion kit?

DJ,
    Check out this site.

http://www.design1systems.com/northstar/index.html

These guys are the absolute best when it comes to a northstar in a fiero. How are you going to do the seven inch stretch on your donor car? If you cant figure it out, you can just sell that sweet looking f-50 to me ;D ;D.

Bob
    5 out of 4 people are not good at fractions

Comment

A kit is not really needed, what part of the install ar eyou having problems with or think you may have problems, I know just about everything on doing tis swap?
      I am in Lowell, Indiana<br />Building an 88 Fiero GT with a 93 STS Northstar and 5 speed Getrag. <br />Custom Mr. Mikes interior, Norms fiberglass nose and custom paint.

Comment

Great! can you post the parts list for me? cause no one done this before I think I beter get evry things ready for it and do you have any info for the awap? Thanks!

Comment

I know everything about the swap or at the least as far as I have gotten for sure!!!
          the front cross memeber needs to be removed and replaced a few inches forward
          I am replacing it with 1/8" 3"X 3" tubing and its going to be about 3 foot long.

I don't really know much if your going to use the cadyy auto trans axle, if you use a man. trans you will need a 5 speed Getrag just for the fact that every other trans's shift cables are in the wrong place, they will hit

you will need to cut some of the webing away on the trans so it clears the starter
          you can use the stock fiero axles

You will need a GT rad or a 4 core, V-8 Archie has the best deal out there
          a inline filler just off the top hose,

and someone really good with rewiring on a harness!!!!!

I am in Lowell, Indiana<br />Building an 88 Fiero GT with a 93 STS Northstar and 5 speed Getrag. <br />Custom Mr. Mikes interior, Norms fiberglass nose and custom paint.

Comment

Also if you go over to Pennocks Fiero Forum there are a few guys doing it, Will and WCapmen are really the best at this, he is the one that reprogrammed my ECM chip to by pass the abs, passkey, airbags, VATS, etc....

Comment

Ok! Thanks for you info that is very helpful

Comment

I just saved you about $2200 if you can do it yourself !!!!!!

Comment

the main hurdle in the past was getting the computer to run just the engine and not try to look for all of the other systems like climate control, ABS, Ride control etc. If the computer gets too many error codes it will run the engine in "limp home" mode and won't make any power. I think someone makes a custom prom to get it to run right. "Darthfiero" on Pennocks does custom PROMS for the 3800SC and the 3.4DOHC. He may be able to point you in the right direction. I didn't do a Northstar swap but did the Caddy 4.9 in my last kitcar. I recommend getting the Cadillac factory service manual for the year car/engine you have and one for the Fiero. without these manuals it would be very difficult to sort through all of the wires in the harness. Most of them from the engine can be cut and capped off but you need to know which ones. Another thing that has to be overcome is the Cadillac passkey system and module. Either delete it with the custom PROM or change the Fiero ignition system to incorporate it. I wouldn't recommend doingl this unless you are familiar with reading wiring diagrams and can solder and repin connectors.
                  Even the longest journey begins with the first step.

Comment

Wcapmen on PFF did mine and it take care of ABS, airbags, VATS, etc.... for $200

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X