X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RCR
    replied
    Re: A real Mera is not for sale on ebay

Hey Harold...I know what you mean. As for Mike, it was more a rhetorical question about Mike D. I've been looking for him for 2 weeks now. :-\

Take care, Bud...

Bob

Leave a comment:

• Wholf
    replied

Hey Bob, I do miss it every once and a while, but it is like the many other cars I have owned, and worked on... You get over it.
    As far as hanging around, I still lurk in the shadows and check in to see what is going on from time to time ;D
    A lot of times I will get an email informing me about something going on, and natural curiosity takes over.
    If you are talking about 335Spyder(Mike)... He is the one who sent me an email saying the 3800 was back on ebay.
    Take care..
    Harold

Leave a comment:

• RCR
    replied

Harold.. Good to see you hanging around. Hope all is going well for you. Do you miss having the car at all? I still miss my Formula Firebird every now and then.

Bob.. That guy ended up pulling the auction for your body early. Like the guy with Harold's car, he was trying to turn a quick profit, but no one was bidding on it. I don't know why, but he wouldn't even let me go over there and look at it.

Bob

PS Anyone seen Mike? ???

Leave a comment:

• Wholf
    replied

One of these days I plan on doing another one.. Just got to get the kids out of the house and on their way with life first.
    Someone must of pulled there bid because it is now under 13K where as last night it was 15K. It does seem wierd seeing it for sale for the second time, but the guy said he purchased it to turn a profit. Oh well, that is life I guess.
    Thanks for the compliments and hopefully the next person who buys it will hang on to it..

Harold

Leave a comment:

• AutoMX
    replied

Yea it really is a shame, it looks great, and unlike many kit cars, it looks pretty stock like it was factory built. Maybe you have another project brewing up somewhere in your head

Leave a comment:

• superstang460
    replied

Harold,
    I couldn't care less about the whole "Mera" thing. I loved your car since way back when it was in brown primer. It still looked sweet. I just wonder why it goes through so many hands so quickly.

In December I sold and personally delivered my 355 kit to somebody in Michigan and three weeks later it was on eBay. It was just wierd to see "my" car on eBay. It must be like deja vu for you .

Anyway, you did a great job on that car. It is too bad you didn't hang on to it or at least profit a little bit more from it.
    Regards,
    Bob

Leave a comment:

• Wholf
    replied

Ok I called the guy who purchased it... He is in NY and only purchased it to turn around and resell it. He got it for $13.100.00 and it is already over 15K.
    I warned him about the "MERA" word, and he said he would change it tomorrow to reflect it is a Custom Coach Craft body splashed from an actual Mera.
    I can't believe I am still having to defend this car especially since it is going on 5 months since I sold it...
    Hopefully this is the end,
    Harold

Leave a comment:

• AutoMX
    replied

Yea I don't understand this.
    Do people buy it just as an ego booster? ???

"Yea I didn't like that Ferrari, so I sold it after a week. Oh yea, look at me, I'm a big man. Those Ferraris aren't good enough for me." :-\

Or possibly everyone that owns it runs into financial difficulties?

Leave a comment:

• superstang460
    replied

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...&category=7251

The car is for sale again on eBay. This time from a different seller than last month. Doesn't anybody want this car?

Leave a comment:

• Fino
    replied

Does the window sticker from GM on the window of the car show the Mera added into the cost of the car before the final price?  Or is it an add-on sticker from “Corporate Concepts” that you add to the window sticker price?  Like many vans at that time.

This is not a SLAM only a question.

You say: The MERA was not endorsed by GM but was a Pontiac dealer option similar to that of ordering a conversion van

You can see my car at www.edstephens.com
    Ed

Leave a comment:

• dcox
    replied

ok, ok, ok

A Mera is a Mera without a doubt; and it could in fact be debated that it may not be a "kit car" as it was never offered as a "kit".

But one thing is for sure, it is indeed a Ferrari 308 "replica" and not an original design.

Leave a comment:

• derwin
    replied

Originally posted by 1988Mera

Please read this.

I am only arguing the history of this name plate. You seem to want to argue something else. A Mera is a Mera and a kit car is a kit car and not a Mera. .
    If a Mera is not a kit car .. then why the heck are you posting about it here. This is a kit car forum. period. Mera's are "off-topic" by definition.
    ;D

Leave a comment:

• AutoMX
    replied

I do get the point of keeping tabs which body was original, as it can prove quality, but aside from that the car is the same as every other fiero, and it isn't an original design as proven in court.

I don't know why we're discussing this. One party wants to bash people selling 308 replicas and the other wants to bash the mera's authenticity :

Leave a comment:

• F355spider
    replied

Originally posted by 1988Mera

Listen to yourself and realize the fact that a Mera Kit car is an inferior clone of a real Ferrari just like all kit cars and from your own words this proves it. It is the same with the AD the best 355 kit out there in my opinion but it is still a copy of a real Ferrari. We do the best we can but all kit cars including the Mera are inferior to the real car. Most of the new 308 kit cars are of better Quality than the Mera because of modern technology. That is why Ferrari hates to see kit cars made of their cars because they are fake's. The bottom line is a kit car is worth what you can get for it and any 308 out there that did not come from Ferrari is a Fake. You do not make sense because you do not live what you preach a Mera is a fake Ferrari period just like a cloned Judge.
    A 355 replica has never sold as a new car at a GM Pontiac dealer. Judge clones were never sold as a new car thru a GM Pontiac dealer. The Mera was.

Here is some Mera info:

http://www.fiero.net/showroom/Mera/

Please read this.

I am only arguing the history of this name plate. You seem to want to argue something else. A Mera is a Mera and a kit car is a kit car and not a Mera. There were 247 Meras made. Some kit cars that had body parts made from molds made from Meras may be better cars. That is not the point here. I have never said the Mera was the best, only the that is is the original.

The bottom line is a kit car is worth what you can get for it

This fact is irrelevant to this argument.
    A Mera is a fake Ferrari period. If it was an original it would not look like a Ferrari and they would not have shut them down. It does not matter were it was sold it is still a clone of a 308.

Leave a comment:

• 1988Mera
    replied

Listen to yourself and realize the fact that a Mera Kit car is an inferior clone of a real Ferrari just like all kit cars and from your own words this proves it. It is the same with the AD the best 355 kit out there in my opinion but it is still a copy of a real Ferrari. We do the best we can but all kit cars including the Mera are inferior to the real car. Most of the new 308 kit cars are of better Quality than the Mera because of modern technology. That is why Ferrari hates to see kit cars made of their cars because they are fake's. The bottom line is a kit car is worth what you can get for it and any 308 out there that did not come from Ferrari is a Fake. You do not make sense because you do not live what you preach a Mera is a fake Ferrari period just like a cloned Judge.

A 355 replica has never sold as a new car at a GM Pontiac dealer. Judge clones were never sold as a new car thru a GM Pontiac dealer. The Mera was.

Here is some Mera info:

http://www.fiero.net/showroom/Mera/

Please read this.

I am only arguing the history of this name plate. You seem to want to argue something else. A Mera is a Mera and a kit car is a kit car and not a Mera. There were 247 Meras made. Some kit cars that had body parts made from molds made from Meras may be better cars. That is not the point here. I have never said the Mera was the best, only the that is is the original.

The bottom line is a kit car is worth what you can get for it

This fact is irrelevant to this argument.

Leave a comment:

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X