Countach Replica - New to me!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Countach Replica - New to me!

Thoughts? I think it’s an American Fiberbodies kit. V8. I think it needs a wider stands at the front and some lift in the back. I also need to drop and move the seat back so I can fit better. Click image for larger version

Name:	ECC17BA5-1C08-46E3-8D21-93001164DE70.jpeg
Views:	48
Size:	510.5 KB
ID:	477167Click image for larger version

Name:	3D57F1F9-E6DF-4C24-9590-8B15CE30AA70.jpeg
Views:	43
Size:	1.09 MB
ID:	477170Click image for larger version

Name:	04D9FEF1-82ED-4FAA-988D-7F9C0C42C41F.jpeg
Views:	46
Size:	1.12 MB
ID:	477171Click image for larger version

Name:	4477E901-561A-40A7-9799-F19B2471401E.jpeg
Views:	44
Size:	783.6 KB
ID:	477168
    Attached Files

Congrats on the buy!!

Looks nice. Good foundation to start from. Is that a spider web I see in the interior pic.... Been siting a while maybe? Is it custom tube frame of an extended Fiero? Looks to be a custom frame from the engine bay pic but can't tell for sure.

Where did you pick it up? Hit K9Cop for Countach parts as he has a PILE of them to help bring the level up some more.

Post pics as you go through it.

Cheers
    Don
    308 Ferrari replica
    Prova Countach 5000S

Comment

Nice looking car. Definitely from an AFI mold. What is the transmission?

Comment

Thanks guys, I got it from a guy in upstate NY. He had it for 15 years. A guy in Florida built it in 1998. It is a tube chassis and yeso , there are cobwebs! Transmission is out of an olds tornado. It’s an automatic which I was actually looking for. It needs some work but I like the sentiment that it’s a good starting platform. I’ll seek out K9Cop. There is a guy named Ron here in Vancouver Canada that has a lot of experience on Lambo replicas. He came over last weekend and gave me a good run through on the car and places I should start. He is very nice and a great source of experience. First order of business is brakes and a parking brake. It doesn’t have one and I won’t pass the safety inspection for insurance. I’m thinking a Fiero hand brake along the console tunnel.

Comment

If you want to avoid all the cables and handle associated with a traditional handbrake, you can use an electric one from a Tesla.

https://www.pantera-electronics.com/epbcontroller.htm

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X