No announcement yet.

BMW V12 to Audi 016 Flywheel Dimensions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No worries, I remember looking through there a few years ago when a friend of mine and I were talking about a frankensprit and I wanted to see what might be possible. Then I saw a nice audi v8 esprit project that was cheap easy and powerful. Gotta lot audi drivetrain

Comment

Originally posted by Hemidodge View Post
      Darren,

I do agree with you that it is the "smiles per mile". I try to do everything myself. The more money I save on the front end, the more money I have to spend on the back end. Right now I have lost access to doing my own machining so I am at a stand still right now.. I am in the process of looking for a lathe and a knee mill.

I had a quote for $1800 for an adapter kit, clutch, pressure plate, flywheel , and adapter plate. I know I can do ti for a lot less. I am hoping to get the clutch disk and pressure plate for a couple of hundred dollars, steel for the flywheel for $100, and not sure what for piece of 6061 T6 aluminum 24"x24"x1 3/8"

How well do you thing the Audi trans axle will hold up spinning that kind of mass? One thing I think I would have done was make the flywheel flange for the flex plate .001-.002 larger to make it a shrink fit along with the bolts. I am not planning to work the 016 hard, those days are long behind me.

Would you happen to know where I can find information on the V12 crank flange bolt circle?

Does the 01X take the same pressure plate as a 016? I am looking fro the bolt circle for the pressure plate.

I have seen pictures that Diablo several times, in fact I have a copy of Complete Kit Car (2011) with a feature on it in the reading room right now. I have also seen it in a video on the DC Super Car display at Stoneleigh, really nice car, but what do you do with all of that power. Would really like to talk to him about his engine management system.

Bob
      The 016 clutch is completely different than the other Audi clutches. You want to 5000 turbo clutch as it is bigger.

Comment

txbuilder, My thought would be to use clutch parts from a turbo car (horsepower) or a diesel car (torque). Both would be better than that from of a regular quatro. I would believe the disks are the same, but have different pressure plates (clamping force).

Bob

Comment

Erroneous Post.

Comment

Originally posted by Hemidodge View Post
            txbuilder, My thought would be to use clutch parts from a turbo car (horsepower) or a diesel car (torque). Both would be better than that from of a regular quatro. I would believe the disks are the same, but have different pressure plates (clamping force).

Bob
            I don't know about the diesel clutch but the turbo model has a larger disc and probably higher clamping force but I don't know that for sure.

Comment

txbuilder,

What I was going to do was follow Jim Dinners build. What he did was use the disk from an 88 5000 Turbo and then the pressure plate from a Audi 90 Quattro 20V 2.3L. He was saying that PP clamp force was 1100 pounds but said that it was going to upped to 1500 pounds. I looking up the 91 PP, there are 2, one a SOHV and the other a DOHV. I am thinking the DOHV motor would be making more HP and torque calling for more clamping force. Am thinking that 300HP might just need the extra clamping. Will need to find out what I am going to need to have done to increase the clamping force. Not 100% sure I want the extra pedal force.

Bob

Comment

My car is dynoed at 292hp at the wheels, lovely pedal feel, no clutch slip, if I want a snappy release then my next option would be a paddle clutch, Be careful not to go down the 'undriveable' rabbit hole with clutches, don't know about clutches sizes, my flywheel and clutch are matched to the size of the belhousing, can't go any bigger. Tavarish has his gallardo with a competition clutch and it's basically udriveable,
                darren

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X