Sienna Countach Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sienna Countach Build

As I am getting back into aquiring parts and asking some questions, I was going to post some picture of what I have to work with, can't get them to load. I aquired the chassis a number of years ago along with a number of body molds. The guy I bought it from had started to build an aluminum bodied Countach but decided to build a Rat Rod/Hot Rod instead. I found a Youtube video a few years ago about that build and he had a number of big name Rod builders assist him for a long weekend. The chassis currently has a V12 Jag resting in it but that will be replaced with the BMW-Audi 016. The chassis was originally going to have the engine put in like a Lamborghini, with a Doug Nash 5 speed, into a V-Drive. Very similar to what KevKev did years ago.

The chassis has a complete super structure like that of the original car..I am going to have to figure out whether I want to cut out most of or all of the inner body panels or remove all of the super structure from the chassis to get the body to fit. Once the body would be on, then I would need to re-weld everything back in place. My thought is to remove the the inner panels and then re-glass.

Once I start actively working on the car I will start a build thread. I have lurked for years and really didn't want to get involved with other builders as I didn't really have a dog in the fight. I always thought builders should be building and not having to answer countless questions and having to continue posting pictures as there are only so many working hours in a day. For some of the older members you can member there were countless request for pictures every day and if there weren't guys go upset.

My pole building is up and now I need to build the shop (30x30x12) and Man Cave/ She Shed (20x36x8), Inside. I am just concerned about the cost due to building material being what they are. I could do a 10-15% cost increase but when the finish cast is going to be 50-75%, one has to rethink.. I also have to do all the electrical.

More later,

Bob

Very nice. K9COP and I have oem shape and size Countach side glass as well as windshield glass packages available for purchase if you are looking at the true Countach shape. We have had our glass installed in oem Countach rebuilds and fits perfectly. Sienna had curved side glass as well but not the compound curve setup as per oem so if you have the Sienna side glass already, you should be fine.

If you go to Buy the Horns on Facebook, K9COP has his inventory of Countach parts up there as well so you can get an amazing amount of replicated parts through there. I also have full Countach interior molds as well taken from an oem Countach.

Good luck and looking forward to seeing the build.

Cheers
    Don
    308 Ferrari replica
    Prova Countach 5000S

Comment

Thanks Don,

There is one major short coming to the Sienna body, it takes its own windshield. The glass is 1 inch narrower between the A pillars than that of OEM and 1 inch wider than the Mirage 1.. It looks like I will have to work with Pilkington to get the glass made. I did one thing that I am famous for and decided to wait till "tomorrow" to order as the Sienna windshield was i their catalog., now it is not. I am now going to have to supply all the dimensions to have it custom made. I think shipping is going to be a killer but..... I currently have 3 OEM size windshields but i am afraid to have them cut. As for door glass I do have a set of OEM less the rear quarter glass. I was planning to use one of the windshields as a sacrificial lamb when I rebuild the windshield channels and roof line to the correct shape.

I have not found a body that was molded better than this one. One thing that has impressed me the most are the parting lines, there really aren't any. If you take a pencil and draw a line on a piece of paper, that is the parting line, Almost no body work to flatten them. L do need to do a little gel work on a front fender due to someone trying to wet sand the parting line and removed a bunch of gel. The fit, body gaps are dead on, no custom fitting of the hood, trunk, or engine cover.All these panels have rolled edges and came with inner panels shaped so you could add a inner structure for hinge mounts.

What has me confused is what happened to the inch that was taken out of the windshield. I can't find it as the body line created by the roof across the B pillar and to the back of the body is all in line. First thought was that it was used for the curved doors/glass but like i said, the body lines are correct. Really don't want to cut the car front to back to get it back.

I am currently waiting for a quote for replacement Sienna doors as this body didn't come with the correct one. The doors I got with the body are really bad as far as how they were constructed. I may attempt to build my own out of aluminum. I my have to talk to John Schaefer.about that. On a side note, How is his build going? Last i heard was the car was on the ground. I do have sample OEM doors

Its funny how every manufacturer said there body was molded off a real car, but none of them are exact. The Sienna has the windshield issue and the fender flares are not correct as I have a pair of OEM rear uppers and they are nit even close to fitting in to the wheel wells.

I have been to K9COP's Facebook page and have found some parts that I am interested in but not having Facebook, don't want it, there is no contact. All I can do is look at the pictures.

On another note, did you ever check and see if you had information on Jim Dinners flywheel?

Thanks again for your reply

Bob

Comment

Hey Bob;

I have checked and not in my latest cache online so I guess I have to go back into older hard drives to find it. I know I have it, I just need to find it....

I hear you on the correctness and access to the correct items. I can get you in direct contact with K9COP as well as chat regularly. Last I talked to John was several years ago and haven't been able to get in touch with him since. would love to hear how he is doing.

PM me your contact info and I will get you in direct touch with K9COP and we can also chat some more.

Cheers
        Don
        308 Ferrari replica
        Prova Countach 5000S

Comment

Don,

Need to ask a question. How does one PM? I see nothing for sending PM's or a member directory. Everything I do, short of posting, tells me I am not authorized. I am not 100% sure if having K9COP's e-mail would be a good thing for me. $$$$ It's not Christmas nor my birthday.

I am going to have to try the phone number that I have for John. Would be interesting to see how things are progressing, if he has started the doors. My last e-mail to him included pictures of a aluminum engine cover and trunk lid. I had sent him measurement off my chassis when he was still building his.

Bob

Comment

Yeah I am going top have to see about the PM issue with the Admin. Others are having the same issues. Would be good to connect with John again. It has been a while.
            308 Ferrari replica
            Prova Countach 5000S

Comment

That looks like a fun project. Looking forward to your progress.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X