Do I give it away?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do I give it away?

I have this celica for years, the owner wants to answer messages or calls to pick up. I have no place to store it, I really don't know what to do with it... Any advice?

You will need to file a mechanics lien against it and go through the legal steps to get ownership and then you can do what you want with it.

Comment

If the owner owes you money, then register a lien on it as txbuilder says. Google how to register a lien in your state/province since every place has a different method. Send one last message to the owner that you're going to declare the car "derelict" if he doesn't come pick it up within a week, then declare the car derelict to your local police station at the end of the week. The police will either arrange to have it towed away or tell you how to go about doing it, but they'll have to be involved one way or another to supervise the pick up and register the VIN. The owner would then have to deal with the towing company to get it back. Your local laws probably specify how long the car can go unclaimed before the towing company can recover their their costs by selling it. If you've registered a lien against it, then you'd get paid at least some of the money owed to you upon its sale. That's how it's supposed to work anyway. Good luck!

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X