Sad attempt at replicating a ferrari emblem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sad attempt at replicating a ferrari emblem

i can definitely say that Sculpey isnt good for small items, and it's not a good mold material for repeated use.
    oh well now i gotta get some hardening latex.
    Professional 3D, web, graphic, architectural, interior, and CAM design at affoardable prices.<br />Any questions: voicemail/fax (323)281-0583<br />sales @ rt-network.com

Re: Sad attempt at replicating a ferrari emblem

Where do you get the meterial?? I'm also ineterested in doing something small...
    Life is too short to be driving Hondas!

Comment

you can search google for sculpey, its available in many art stores
      Professional 3D, web, graphic, architectural, interior, and CAM design at affoardable prices.<br />Any questions: voicemail/fax (323)281-0583<br />sales @ rt-network.com

Comment

I presume you used the sculpey to take a mould from the original badge, but what did you use to cast from that?

& how do you make sure the back is flat?
        308 GTB Fiero - Complete<br />355 Extreme MR2 - 1st Primer coat on<br />406 Coupe - Daily driver, soon to be Extreme 360<br />(Disclaimer - Any timescales mentioned in the above message are totally guessed &amp; will be subject to &#39;man maths&#39; excuses for why it wasnt finshed on time)

Comment

a. the part that came out obviously doesnt have a flat back
          b. i used resin to make the part, which is easy and flexible but gets droopy in the heat, so next time i'm adding fibers
          c. i poured resin directly into the sculpey mold. that part worked pretty good but the sculpey disintegrates after 4 or 5 parts in small areas like the groove in the letters, no good.

latex will solve that problem

Comment

AutoMX

What kind of latex are you talking about?  the rubber stuff?? where can I get it?  More info about it??

Thanks
            Life is too short to be driving Hondas!

Comment

Auto

Use casting resin!  It is clear and you can use pigment to insted of paint
              Is the mold the the rubbery stuff you put in the microwave, then turns like water then you poor it over the product, then cool and then you have a mold

Comment

the stuff i used for that is called Sculpey, it's used to make models in the movie industry since you can bake it and it hardens when cooled. it's just no clean enought hough, so i need to find a good latex compound to make the molds

Comment

I have some rubbery stuff that will do the job,sorry don't know the name.latex will not do it. i will have a go at a badge tomorrow for you Auto and i let you know how i got on.I ff it works i will fined out the name for you

Comment

thanks. i've seen some good results with some hardening latex, so it might also be worth looking at (it's also very easy to remove parts from the molds)

Comment

Hi Auto,

Do a search for Smoothon and Eagerplactics. What you are looking for is slicone that doesn't have to have a release agent. These companies are just two a many I have book marked. I can post more if you need them.

The latex doesn't need release agen either but it is way to limber for making items like you want. the silicone can be ordered in many different durometers.

Mike

Comment

BINGO
                        Attached Files

Comment

Is this Ok for you Auto.

You could put them in chrome no problem!

The black bits on it is paint.That was the first one i will do you a better one soon
                          You know you can get in trouble for doing this!This one is going straight in the bin. HA
                          Attached Files

Comment

horse
                            Attached Files

Comment

If you want extreme I can fetch my bin round & I will dispose of them!  I will take the moulds off your hands too if you want! ;D ;D ;D

They look damn good! It made me chuckle that you are producing a copy of ferrari's whole car & there is nothing they can do about it, but make a little silver horse & they will sue your ass!!

Made me smile anyway!

How would you pigment it to give a chrome like finish? Or would it be a close silver? (not that i am thinking of trying....honest!

BTW, Extreme I replied to your message
                              308 GTB Fiero - Complete<br />355 Extreme MR2 - 1st Primer coat on<br />406 Coupe - Daily driver, soon to be Extreme 360<br />(Disclaimer - Any timescales mentioned in the above message are totally guessed &amp; will be subject to &#39;man maths&#39; excuses for why it wasnt finshed on time)

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X