Any kits for a NSX?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any kits for a NSX?

Just wondering if there are any kits for the NSX out there.  I heard about a project called the MC14 (McLaren replica) awhile ago that used an NSX as the donor, but havent heard if its been finished or not. 

Thanks.

Re: Any kits for a NSX?

no but there should be,its a badass car,but they sure are expensive just to use fore a donor,but i wish i could afford to.i have some nsx parts that ive took off insurance wrecks,ive repaired 2 in the last couple of years,the bodies are aluminum.anfd they are real fun cars to drive

Comment

yes we are still working on it we have many projects going now but getting them done one by one

Comment

Thanks aconcept. Please let me know when its finished. I think a lot of people are really anxious.

I agree with you Mike. I think the NSX would be a cool donor. I think it fits all the qualifications: old models are pretty cheap now (one on ebay for 6K), are daily drivers, easy to find (in the US), easy for repairs, have a ton of upgrade options, and they are much more fun to drive than an MR2, fiero, or Peugeot. I hope someone uses an NSX as a donor soon. Maybe Extreme will do one..nudge nudge.

Comment

common, like the NSX F50 hasnt been seen enough
          Professional 3D, web, graphic, architectural, interior, and CAM design at affoardable prices.<br />Any questions: voicemail/fax (323)281-0583<br />sales @ rt-network.com

Comment

gota pic on nsx F50?

Comment

http://www.madmechanics.com/index.php?topic=4596.0

Comment

Originally posted by dj
                Thanks aconcept.  Please let me know when its finished.  I think a lot of people are really anxious.

I agree with you Mike.  I think the NSX would be a cool donor.  I think it fits all the qualifications: old models are pretty cheap now (one on ebay for 6K), are daily drivers, easy to find (in the US), easy for repairs, have a ton of upgrade options, and they are much more fun to drive than an MR2, fiero, or Peugeot. 

I have yet to see an NSX go for $6K unless it's a TOTAL WRECK....Even the engine alone is worth more money than that.....NSX are not plentiful in the USA....Or I should say nobody is selling them below $20K and that's for a total junker, high mileage car....They typically go for around $40K in good conidtion...It's an expensive exotic to use for a replica platform....Build a custom chassis and engine instead for less money of an NSX.

VK
                Life is too short to be driving Hondas!

Comment

I can see the NSX or Boxster being a good base for a kit car. But now that custom chassis using Corvette suspension are popping up all over the place for around ten grand, I would go custom. Sure the NSX is great (as long as you do not mind replacing rear tires every 5k miles) and the Boxster is a wonderful car, but going full custom opens the doors to any powertrain. The aftermarket for both the NSX and Porsche is expensive. As we all know, there is no cheaper HP than the American V8s. With the Factory Five Racing GTM comming out soon, I see the high end kit car industry going to a custom chassis setup.

Comment

in custom chassis, the finishing touches cost alot of money, not including the basic interior :-\
                    there are many advantages, particularly to the powertrain, but it comes at a price.

Comment

you can get a good NSX for $25k, but thats still hardly cheap.
                      the engine is the same as a v6 acura but the tranny i'm pretty sure is different. i doubt those are worth that much, though i suspect the NSX is much better tuned at 285hp.

the reason they are so expensive is that they are all aluminum down tot he chassis and hand built, as well as rare.
                      do NOT think you can stretch an NSX, aluminum welding is hard enough, and expecting a patched up structural member to hold and handle well would just be nuts.
                      Professional 3D, web, graphic, architectural, interior, and CAM design at affoardable prices.<br />Any questions: voicemail/fax (323)281-0583<br />sales @ rt-network.com

Comment

I remember a member on here who built a wonderfull Carrera GT turnkey on a boxster which was priced around $100K!! (Ithink using an altered Steve T/Triangle G kit)

But I would love to see a CGT kit/or something mid engined.... mass produced for the Boxster. Problem is stretching them might ruin their perfect handling...The prices for 97 and 98's are getting low since the rebody.

I am also in the process of either leasing a cls500 or buying a 2000 911 carrera (aftermarket front end/widebody...Turbo look) as my daily....but wish the custom parts on the P-car were more affordable....anyone have any sources for the 996.

Comment

Hi all,

Just in case you can't remember his name here on the forum, the person that was doing the the project was "aconcepts"..................
                          Me, I sell engines, the cars are free.&nbsp; I need something to crate the engines in.... Enzo Ferrari......<br />Today they are called garage&#039;s, yesterday, they were stable&#039;s.&nbsp; Eric Jacobsen...

Comment

Originally posted by cy0811
                            I am also in the process of either leasing a cls500 or buying a 2000 911 carrera (aftermarket front end/widebody...Turbo look) as my daily....but wish the custom parts on the P-car were more affordable....anyone have any sources for the 996.
                            interesting, u think a $100k cls is worthwhile making a kit of? By the time you complete the kit, the labour with donor will cost you about $50k, not worth it, IMO.

Besides, what donor u'r using? a CLS is all about the comfort drive as primary, looks as second... no use having a 95-98 donor with a nice body and a crappy ride

the 996 on the other hand , that another story!!let me know hte donor

Comment

Originally posted by pavo_rodddy
                              Just in case you can't remember his name here on the forum, the person that was doing the the project was "aconcepts"..................
                              where is aconcepts!!

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X