Saw the progress of my car..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saw the progress of my car..

i guys i just got back from seeing my car for the first time in 4 months and its looking great ill try and upload pictures soon.
    But i have a question, i need wheel adapters for the from and the rear for 5x108 bolt pattern

what is the biggest adapter that can be used is 5" on the rear too big???

Also can anyone sugest a good place to get them made...???
    http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=5/14115334210.jpg&s=x4

Re: Saw the progress of my car..

Pictures! Pictures! Pictures! If you cant post them e-mail them to me and I will post them. Also 5" is a little large, stay with 3" or under if possible.

-Chris
    https://home.comcast.net/~deputy_dog/image001.gif

Comment

interested in seeing it 8)
      In the USA if you pay a company / person to start a plug, then it,s your plug and work ,it is not theirs to sell or trade !!

Comment

Originally posted by MAD
        i guys i just got back from seeing my car for the first time in 4 months and its looking great ill try and upload pictures soon.
        But i have a question, i need wheel adapters for the from and the rear for 5x108 bolt pattern

what is the biggest adapter that can be used is 5" on the rear too big???

Also can anyone sugest a good place to get them made...???
        While I will not advocate wheel adapters, especially wide ones, contact Dave'Funnywheels'. He knows of a reputable place that makes them to your spec. My suggestion... bite the bullet and purchase a frt & rear setup from Helds, RCC, Streat Dreams, or others. Running on little Fiero spindles/bearings could seriously 'backfire' on you! You will probably spend at least half of that total later on down the road in 'fine tuning' the Fiero/CHEVETTE suspension!
        good luck,
        Sandy
        MAD... just noticed you're in Ontario.... it will be very hard to justify spending that kind of $$$, but, maybe you could pick it up at the boarder and save some shipping/broker fees. Occasionally, Helds stuff shows up on Ebay or Pennocks, but probably not with your dimensions.....

Comment

Hey guys,, some pics....

Comment

Mike:

The Progress is looking good, Who's shop is that? Looks like a few projects going.
            Just smart enough to be very Dangerous

Comment

Tony Sousa, its his shop in Milton, Ontario. he does great work, cant wait to get it back for paint...

Comment

Looks great, send some more pics when it gets painted. Take care. Bill

Comment

Hi Mike
                  Next time you're in Tony's shop take a look at the yellow primed car beside yours. You will notice it has the held wide track suspension on the front. It has been stretched 3". If you try and use adaptors with a 3" spacing you won't be able to turn the front wheels very far without rubbing against the wheel wells. Unfortunately if you want to be able to drive the car you should consider that upgrade. Since you've got the rear Fiero stock suspension, I would also consider going with the Held wide track rear suspension if your looking for a 5" wider track on each side. It is a simple bolt on and reasonably priced. It will also relieve stress on your rear bearings.

Paul

Comment

Is it true that people are still dealing with people in this industry that bilk others??? I thought we learned that lesson with DKOV. Go read about Tonys dealings in the consumer affairs section, or just IM ARI!. I ordered a body from Tony Sousa that took nearly a year to get, with many phone calls and so many promises of making it up by sending interior stuff, ETC. NEVER HAPPENED. DO NOT support those that lie and steal from others, it takes money out of all our pockets!

Comment

Hey Thanks for the advise on the widetrack suspension,, the primed yellow one in tonys shop right now is AMAZING, its done veryyyyy well beautiful car,, i just purchased some spacers from Brian Lutes and that should be good untill i get some more cash for the widetrack...

NEVER GIVE ANYONE IN THIS INDUSTRY MONEY WITHOUT RECEIVING A RECEIT OR PRODUCT..
                      COMON SENSE, ive been ripped off way to many Times, and Tony Sousa has actually been a very nice guy and has helped me get my money back.. some people on this forum have problems with him, but its really simple if you dont like the way he does business or his products dont deal with him..

But hes a great guy and does great work, and has great products..

KEEP IN MIND YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR...

anyways might go check it out this weekend and take better pictures...

Comment

Originally posted by MAD

But hes a great guy and does great work, and has great products..

KEEP IN MIND YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR...
                        I really hope that your project goes well..... but be realistic!!!! When there are some outstanding issues with a builder, keep a TIGHT reign on your wallet.... or you, too, may be preaching/crying in your coffee! The 'kitcar' business is full of BS, ripoff artists.... Use a CREDIT CARD, that way you have a large corporation ready to claw your $$$ back, when the prick doesn't deliver! BEEN THERE, DONE THAT WITH CK3 of Calgary! "one prick can really RUIN a dream!"
                        BTW... when is the "completion date"? Hope to see it on the road soon....
                        good luck MAD,
                        Sandy

Comment

Using a credit card is a great idea, and the completion date is hopeflly before May 2-4, so aproximately a month and a bit... i just purchased wheel adapters from Brian Lutes and Thanks to him i can hopefully bolt my wheels on now... Will post more updates soon...

Comment

Are you still using those chrome 20's? Or did you sell those and use different wheels?

Comment

i actually threw the 20" wheels on my mustang, and i bought a set of Licoln LS wheels, they look very very similar to the OEM ferrari wheels and the other weird thing is that the bolt pattern is also 5x108...

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X