Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who is going to the John Watson BBQ this Summer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who is going to the John Watson BBQ this Summer?

Hey Gang,

I spoke with John this afternoon and he wanted me to start a thread to see who all is coming to this years annual event. I know last year we didn't have anyone there with a finished product but I believe that is not going to be the case this year. We are working like a dog to get our project done and ready for the BBQ this year. If anyone is coming please post it and if you will be bringing a kit or just yourselves. If you have been thing of building one of John's Kits this will be a great place to see the kit up close and gain alot of knowledge from other builders. Good luck to everyone and hope to see you there.

Neal

Re: Who is going to the John Watson BBQ this Summer?

I am going to try to get out there, I need to finally go grab my windshield and see what John's got happening at his shop.

Comment

What city and state and what date?

Comment

Saturday.June 10 Tennga,Ga.30751
        https://home.comcast.net/~deputy_dog/ani360cor.gif

Comment

Will there be a finished or near finished car done? It would be a wasted trip for me if there wasn't. I'd rather come down when one is finished. Please post some progress pictures. Thanks.
          White Fugazzi Bentley Supersport Convertible GTC

Comment

355 or 360
            https://home.comcast.net/~deputy_dog/ani360cor.gif

Comment

John is mounting a 355 spider on my 86 N*. I'll be there and the car will be too. It will be running with primer paint. I'll install the suspension and tires/wheels when I get it to Calif.

Comment

Originally posted by 360-cor
                Saturday.June 10 Tennga,Ga.30751
                Hi John.. I'm really looking forward to your BBQ this year, I'm not 100% yet but am trying to fit it in. What airport would be closest to you and where do you recommend staying?

Thank You.. David Ekstrom
                Just smart enough to be very Dangerous

Comment

Sorry. I was asking about the 360. I have a definite interest there. Does the corvette conversion use the same body panels so I assume it is close to actual dimensions? Corvette chassis or some of the components? Will the spyder have a working convertible top?

Comment

I believe these are questions that do need to be answered in person or off the forum, and I think they are saying there will be something there for you without being giving up too much info. In other words these are delicate issues and should be handled with discretion.

Comment

ok. I pm'ed 360cor for more info.

Comment

I just booked my ticket.

PS. Do to FAA regulations, my kit will not fit under the seat or in the overhead compartment. We all know how baggage handelers are, so I cannot check it either. Therefor the car stays are Fae Racing and I will bring pictures of the build.

Comment

Originally posted by Brastic
                          I just booked my ticket.

PS. Do to FAA regulations, my kit will not fit under the seat or in the overhead compartment. We all know how baggage handelers are, so I cannot check it either. Therefor the car stays are Fae Racing and I will bring pictures of the build.
                          What airport are you flying into??

David

Comment

We wanted to fly into Atlanta but tickets were around $500 from San Francisco. Lucky for us we found tickets for $220 to Nashville. Funny thing is that the San Franciso to Nashville trip has one stop...Atlanta.

Nashville should be about a two hour drive to Tennga.

Comment

Originally posted by Brastic
                              We wanted to fly into Atlanta but tickets were around $500 from San Francisco. Lucky for us we found tickets for $220 to Nashville. Funny thing is that the San Franciso to Nashville trip has one stop...Atlanta.

Nashville should be about a two hour drive to Tennga.
                              I tried travelocity and obitz they want 394.00 round trip. SLC to Nashville.. Who did you go thru for tickets?

David

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X