Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guest replied
    Re: Forum software upgrade

Since 5 July 2007 I have problems with the Email notifications. The problem is that the link is not a link but normal text ??? This force me to copy and paste the link into new window :'(

Leave a comment:

• FunnyWheels
    replied

Ari:

The download speed was the biggest issue for me. It is now much better than the previous release. I now stay logged in as in the past. The only issue still from my perspective is linking the images to the past posts. Some are missing, some are good. In my opinion, the new software seems to be performing well.

Dave

Leave a comment:

• MadMechanic
    replied

Thanks for all the comments -

RE: The speed issue, I think it may have been a server load issue, as the page seems to load quickly on my side once again. Is anyone still having issues with the load time?

The advertisements aren't supposed to pop up after every 3 messages, but rather just after the 2nd message and at the bottom of the page (I.e. max 2 per page). Before, the advertisements were a little more deceiving, as they were just a list of keywords at the top and bottom of every page (“Ferrari Seats | Lamborghini kit cars| etc…), and looked moreso like internal links.

I am still playing with the best advertisement configuration, and nothing has been finalized yet -

F16Vet - RE: Popping up in a new window, I just checked and it seems to be against Google's terms of service to automatically pop up a new window for advertisements. You can right click the advertisment and select "open in new window" though.

Dave - Which notifications are you refering to?

There were also a lot of search engine optimization changes recently made (friendly urls/descriptive meta tags/sitemap/etc...), which should ultimately make it possible to use google to search the contents of this kitcars forum much more effectively (I understand the current search functionality isn't perfect)

Leave a comment:

• F16Vet
    replied

Originally posted by sactodreamer
    I take it the adds that pop-up in the posts are new also? If so, maybe an add like these at the bottom of each thread page. If it posts an add after every three posts it will make the thread pages much longer over time.
    I agree...it would make browsing easier and still get the ads in. My .02 cents worth..

Leave a comment:

• sactodreamer
    replied

I take it the adds that pop-up in the posts are new also? If so, maybe an add like these at the bottom of each thread page. If it posts an add after every three posts it will make the thread pages much longer over time.

Leave a comment:

• lowboost
    replied

working better today so far... but yesterday I thought my administrator at work was tired of me browsing the sight and somehow pinged it so I couldn't access it.

Leave a comment:

• Mr Ferrari
    replied

The site is working better for me today...

Leave a comment:

• F16Vet
    replied

Ari, I noticed that when I click on any of the Ad links it opens my CURRENT browser page rather than opening a NEW page. I have to click on the BACK button to return to the forum rather than just closing the Ad page.

I don't know about others but I prefer having a NEW page open anytime I click on a link. That way I don't lose my place. Just a thought.

Leave a comment:

• FunnyWheels
    replied

Ari:

The site is quite slow since the upgrade. Must be a lot of real estate to load with this release. I also noticed the notifications are not working as before.

Just like any software upgrade until the bugs get fixed.

Dave

Leave a comment:

• Mr Ferrari
    replied

Originally posted by KOS
    deathly deathly slow..sometimes it times out..
    Change it back.. This new software is flawed.. Slllllllllllllooooooooooooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwww. .

Leave a comment:

• stique
    replied

Takes forever to do anything.....

Leave a comment:

• KOS
    replied

deathly deathly slow..sometimes it times out..

Leave a comment:

• turmite
    replied

Originally posted by AdminAri
    Forum software was updated once again today - if anyone notices any problems let me know.
    Re: the Poll function request, it should be enabled now.

Thanks,
    Ari
    Ari since the new look on the opening page the site has become unbearbly slow for me. I've been to other sites within minutes of being here and they are lighting fast.

Mike

Leave a comment:

• MadMechanic
    replied

Forum software was updated once again today - if anyone notices any problems let me know.
    Re: the Poll function request, it should be enabled now.

Thanks,
    Ari

Leave a comment:

• PiMPaLiCiouS
    replied

Does the new software have the ability to do voting? I would love to start a few votes.

Leave a comment:

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X