360 Spider

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 360 Spider

I was talking to a kit builder about the 360 spider being developed (still in design mode). Does anyone know of any being built as kits? ;D
    http://www.kitcar.ca/Forum/Uploaded_.../850and355.gif<br />Family wagon paid for! Now for the mid-life crisis solution.

Re: 360 Spider

In the UK There is a 360 spider-like kit available, but it just shares the nose of the car the rest looks pretty different. I don't think it even uses the fiero as a donor.

I'll try to find some info on it.
    Ari

Comment

I emailed " CETI ", in LA (I think) and here is what they had to say.

" WE ARE SCULPTING ONE ,BUT I WANT TO KNOW IF YOU ARE ABLE TO SEND A DEPOSITE RIGHT AWAY ??? , I DO NOT WANT A SITE THAT ATTRACK SO MUCH ATTENTION THAT I,M OUT OF BUISNESS ,I HOPE YOU UNDERSTAND ,IT PULLED YOU IN ,BUT SERIOUS WE WILL SELL 5 OR 6 KITS EVERYTHING ELSE WILL BE TURNKEYS FOR $55.000.00 BUT BACK TO THE ORIGINAL QUESTION A KIT WILL BE $8,800.00 AN $4,400.00 DOWN IF YOU ARE SERIOUS CALL 318 872 5022 TO TALK THEN I WILL SEND THE PRESS RELAESE DO NOT RELEASE THIS DOCUMENT TO NAYONE ,AN I HAVE 4 OTHERS THAT ARE PAYING NEXT WEEK THEY HAVE BEEN LOOKING FOR SOME TIME ALSO "

Here is the deal anyone asking money for something that is still being developed is IMHO looking for SEED money or is trying preasure sell. >

I am unsure if what they are selling is anything, but telling me there are only 6 kits and 4 are already taken , is this supposed to make me jump up and send my money right away? I think NOT.

I don't know anything about the company, the product, their service..... Would you send your money with knowing this information? ( If you would, then I can send a mail box address and you can send me your cash/ certified funds and I'll be happy to use your money ;D.

REMEMBER THE RULES OF A WISE CONSUMER!!

http://www.kitcar.ca/Forum/Uploaded_.../850and355.gif<br />Family wagon paid for! Now for the mid-life crisis solution.

Comment

Ask for an address. I have a friend who lives in LA who could go check them out for us, see if they have a product or not.
        Although sounds like BS to me.

Comment

BTW the comapny mentioned above's web address for anyone else reading is http://www.compositeeti.com/

From their FAQ:
          Question: What kits are easy to build & less time consuming?

Answer: Our 355 & 360 spider kits in seperate pc.(not much frame & grill work, so it,s simple after the stretch 3" or 9")

Comment

I would never send money to a PO box.

If you can use a credit card however (as they say you can) then you can always get your money back ;D

Comment

I have a friend who bought some parts from Earnie, didn't have any problems with him.

I've exchanged where to get things from with him also.
              I talked to him about the 3sixty a while back... in very early stages...didn't push the subject cause I was trying to finish the 355. (almost done)
              He is 100% correct about his site. The Italin suits would be on his arse so fast...(this is sooo TRUE)

Before I would lay down the money I would at least have to see some pics or go see for myself.
              My 2 cents..

Comment

:-/ I emailed CETICARS and got this reply:

We are prototyping a kit to fit a Fiero with a 9"inch strectch it will
                not be ready until late September 2002 this is the model we are pulling plug
                parts from. Kits will be $10,000.00 with $5000.00 down to pay for
                prototyping, after we sell 7 kits we will only sell finished cars at
                $55,000.00 each. They will be called EV-6.

you wouldn't believe the picture they sent me:

(as soon as i figure out the posting procedure I'll post it)

Basically it is a toy model of a 360 spyder
                The Needles Dance, The Gauges Glow,
                As Engine Speed & Heartbeat Grow,
                Gears They Shift 'Neath Anxious Thumbs,
                SOMETHING WICKED THIS WAY COMES...
                Formerly: Powerhouse

www.facebook.com/TheCalgaryBatman

Comment

SEND ME VIA EMAIL!!!!!!!!!!!

GIVEITUP2me@aol.com

Thanks
                  Pete

Comment

360Wanabe: for info on how to post pics go here:

http://www.madmechanics.com/cgi-bin/...num=1010337902

Comment

Just went to the website. The picture of the 355 he has on there is Luis Yanez (Wild Rides) car. I smell a rat!

Comment

The CETI website has a picture of a black 512m under their products section. This is actually a car that was built by CK3 out of calgary canada. The photo was taken about a block from eau claire market for any one who knows about calgary. When CK3 began i actaully seen this exact car... unfortunately CK3 couldn't run the business on complete honesty despite an amazing product.

And here is the great 360 spyder info i got... Its not even the Spyder!!:

... CETI....Looks like a rat.....smells like a rat....... yup....IT'S A RAT!!

As for finding a decent 360 replica..i have researched the market and have even considered bulding my own One of a kind.... possibly based on the second generation MR2. But it is expensive. I have had a few ask me to build one for them if i do it ..but i personllt don't think i need the head ache ferrari would bring my way. If i do it, it will be a one of a kind for me.

Comment

From what I have heard desiging your own one-of-a-kind kit can be just as much as a hassle of trying to sell a ferrari kit!

Comment

Well once its done and on the road...there isn't much they can do...But generally i agree. Here is part of an email i recieved from a designer in my reasearch (by the way my hopefull 360 project is originally intended for the movie industry):

Canada has an unfavorable law that prevents the importation of kit cars produced in the US. Because of this, we would recommend building one replica in the US in order to document the build process. We would then disassemble the kit and send it to you with the video so you could hire someone in Canada to do the assembly. The MR donor on the States side would either be a throw away or you could attempt to import it -- this may or may not prove a challenge depending on whether a frame stretch was required to get the wheel base correct.

Other challenges you'll encounter have to do with Ferrari, which is adamently opposed to replicas being made of their cars. We would recommend that after you are done filming you destroy all the cars. Otherwise, you risk Ferrari suing you for infringing upon their designs. This is a very sensative area.

so head-ache or no head-ache... it s tough. But Its my beleief that once the car is built and molds destroyed... there really is nothing more that can be done once the car is in private ownership.

Comment

360wanna_be, you're right about Canada's UNFAVOURABLE law. That's what led me to CK3. I believe you can import a kit or the chassis, but not both at the same time!!! The chassis must have a proper vin, and 15+ years old is better, as it becomes "Historic" or some such wording. CK3 constructs a decent kit, but, if someone were to purchase from them, take a big truck out there and pay only for what you invoice into the truck....NOT BEFORE....my own experience! Rumour has it that someone from Transport Canada created the "unfavourable law" after being ripped off by a kit car company!!!
                              Sandy

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X