Black seat belts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black seat belts?

I'm just wondering what people have been doing to change the color of their seat belts - I hear about dyeing the color (Just don't sweat or else you'll destroy that new shirt!). I hear about people changing the cord (How safe is that?). I also hear about people using totally new ones from hot rod part stores (http://www.parts123.com/PartFrame.asp?ZTM=cadeffkb&GHOME=www.julianos.com& TITLE=Juliano's_Hot_Rod_Parts) for example, click shoulder harness, 3 point retractable at top).

I'm thinking the last option is the best, but at $80 a seat belt seems expensive. Any other stores/options people know of?

Re: Black seat belts?

Ari, I had decided to put in 4-point harnesses early in my build, so I had Mister Mike adapt my new leather covers by sewing in 2 leather slots between the seatback and headrest. When I recovered the seats I had to dremel out the slots through the steel framework(underneath the foam) and pull in the leather inserts, then thread through the belts. Not very hard to do, and the 4-point.... well worth the investment, nice and snug!!! some build pics if you need them.
    Sandy

Comment

Ari, here's another forum with the same topic....
      Sandy
      http://www.kitcentral.com/ubb/Forum6/HTML/000235.html

Comment

Isn't the harness annoying to get on?

Comment

As long as you're the driver, there's no need for any adjustment. Passenger...well, they have 4 straps to tighten. Really though, the only thing to be aware of is getting out and letting the belt slop outside the door-frame, and then shutting the door. "You only DO IT ONCE!!!!
          Sandy

Comment

Hey cowans,

I was thinking of doing the same type of setup in the lambo, They look great. Where did you buy those at?

Thanks

Comment

I used some from JC Whitney, replaced the whole units.
              Just mounted them this past week. I mounted the top in a different location. The lower mounts will be stock points.

Sandy, Lets see some more of your interior, looks cool.

Comment

Spyder, I'd post some more pics but the car is in storage. I should be rolling it out in about a month. I have a new carpet (black) w/Ferrari log(prancing horse/red) to install. The previous carpet was garbage, even with underpad!!! And of course, a new 300+HP smallblock to break in!!!
                Lamboman...the belts are standard 4 point MOMO harnesses. You can buy them at most speed shops and I think Ebay posts them occasionally.
                Sandy

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X