Stories as a Kitcar owner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stories as a Kitcar owner

I'm asking you guys with the Car to share your stories with the rest of us, so we can get some incentive to buy/build or continue with our dream car projects. 8)
    http://www.kitcar.ca/Forum/Uploaded_.../850and355.gif<br />Family wagon paid for! Now for the mid-life crisis solution.

Re: Stories as a Kitcar owner

Well, although it has gotten a little old now, whenever your talking to a friend about your project, the responses are quite neat.

"YOUR BUILDING A CAR! WOW! What kind?"

"A Fierari"

"Your building A Ferrari!? Holy sh*t!"

"Not a Ferrari, A Fierari"

Then you have to go through the whole long story about how they needed a replica 355 for the movie the rock, and how they started selling them, and how they got sued, etc, etc...

Comment

Ok, I'm a sucker.... 1st cruise down the Queensway(Ottawa) this biker shows up on my left, full leathers. He downshifts 3-4 gears and is nodding his head(vigoursly). Yeah, yeah, I know what he wants, but I not about to get beat 1st day out. So, I downshift a gear, nod at him, touch the gas and watch him go....casually shift back up and settle in to cruise. He!He! Just learnt the 1st thing about driving a "Ferrari". You don't have to prove you're fast, you're already "FAST"!!! Next, comes along some bigbore Chevelle, same move, he launches, and I shift up and start cruising again. Now comes the best.... Middle lane, look over to my left, and here's this gorgeous 20something girl, half out of her boyfriend's car, camera in hand trying to take a pic!!!(at 60 mph, love it!!) I throw her a kiss, and step on it . Great feeling for a 1st ride!!!
      there ya go!
      Sandy :-* 8)

Comment

Your right Sandy, it is allot of fun driving our kit cars around. Just seeing people's reactions to the cars, is price less... When I lived in Cape Breton(NS), I had my Ferrari 328 and they use to call me Magium PI... I could'nt even leave the car alone long enough to pay for gas, with out having a few people standing around the car looking... and woundering if it was real or not.... and now with the Countach it is worse.... But the attention is satifying knowing you built something that people envy you ....

Comment

That 328 looks nice! YOu did an awsome job with it.

Any pics of the Bull? ;D

Comment

Hey KitCarGuy, looks great!, is that the 328 that has the dash that looks similar to the 300zx.  If so did you buy it as a kit?

Comment

You can check out picture's of the 328 at
              http://members.shaw.ca/fsrowsell/FERRARI.htm

as for the bull... I am doing a complete over all on the car...
              http://members.shaw.ca/fsrowsell/Lambo.htm

The fiberglass dash came with the 328 Kit...

Comment

You got it easy, I would think finding a rust fiero donor is a lot eaiser in Vancouver then Toronto ;D

That dash looks very similar to V8Archie's dash, which I believe spyder is using. (http://www.v8archie.com/parts.htm).

Who manufactured that 328 kit?

Comment

Ari, I lived out here on Vancouver Island for 2 yrs and I saw allot of realy nice cars here. Your right the cars take a long time to rust here. I supose thats why there are so many old cars here that look like they were new out if the show room...
                  and the weather is not bad either... We were in a deep freeze last week I think it got down to 0'C. I just noticed that the tulups are breaking ground and are about 3" high. In three weeks we will be cutting the grass... That means I have to start working overtime in order to get the car finished....

I bought that kit from Fiero Conversions in Windsor and I would NEVER go back to them again!!

Comment

Kitcarguy, very nice 328. I originally chose Ferrari Yellow for my Koenig but my family talked me into Rossa Red. I love em both. Oh, but the stories of producers ripping off the constructors.... that feeling of trust, just disappears and never returns...(CK3). :-X
                    Sandy

Comment

How much do fiero conversions sell 328 kits for?

Comment

Cowans, yes it is hard to fine a company that is not in it for the money only...
                        Ari, I bought that kit back in 97, when I lived in Halifax. I think it was around 9k.... but very poor quility fiberglass and costumer service along with it. I had to allot of body work, in order to get it to look presentable...

By the way cowans, the Koenig looks great... I always did like the looks of CK3's cars, but too many bad stories to go near them....
                        later Felix

Comment

I would say when you are talking to someone about your car. Trying to buy parts, Or whatever and you tell them what it is for. They give you some really interesting looks and responses, Like what Ari was saying you then need to go thru the whole story. When I have the garage door open in the summer and working on the Countach, It tends to stop traffic, One guy drove buy and then stoped put his car in reverse and backed up to get a better look and just stared. Anyways lots of stories like that, Just makes me wonder what it will be like driving the bull when it is done.

Comment

Lamboman, your right .... I use to go to the Crappy Tire in Cole Hbr all the time... They really use to give me strange looks when they would ask what engine I had in my 84 Fiero (when I was buying something for the car) and I would say a 350 V8. The guy would just steer at his computer and say I can't fine that here.... But after a thousand trips, they got to know me...

Comment

Ari the 328 kits go for $6500 option Grill $900,lights(F&R)$1450
                              www.xvelocity.com

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X