X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Fiero extended windshield Issue

Originally posted by ITALIANKNIGHTRIDER
    sorry buddy, i did not read all of this sooner

if you look close this is a complete surround that gives 7" curve in the middle ( meaning it is 7" farther out than the fiero windshield ) an the windshield cost $200.00 from acme glass
    IRK Are these photos from Mike Hudson? (MadMike) up in New England. If so, I think he sent me these several years back as well. It has a Chrysler windshield but the bottom is cut out for the wiper assembly making it necessary to use the related wipers and add a slight lip to the rear of your hood to make it work.
    If you're not confused, you're not paying attention.

Comment

Originally posted by FunnyWheels

if you look close this is a complete surround that gives 7" curve in the middle ( meaning it is 7" farther out than the fiero windshield ) an the windshield cost $200.00 from acme glass
      IRK Are these photos from Mike Hudson? (MadMike) up in New England. If so, I think he sent me these several years back as well. It has a Chrysler windshield but the bottom is cut out for the wiper assembly making it necessary to use the related wipers and add a slight lip to the rear of your hood to make it work.
      Did I just over look it or did someone say what this windshield was used in?

Comment

Originally posted by FunnyWheels

YES

windshield in new fiberglass surround ( bond to fiero

In the USA if you pay a company / person to start a plug, then it,s your plug and work ,it is not theirs to sell or trade !!

Comment

The windshield glass is from a Chrysler Seebring.

The disadvantage is it has a big flat spot in the center near the wiper cutout. Other than that IRK can provide the "A" post and header. Yo might still need to make something for the space between the glass bottom and the Fiero dash But that part would be easy after doing this step.
          Last edited by FunnyWheels; 03-28-2012, 05:23 PM.
          If you're not confused, you're not paying attention.

Comment

Could you go into a bit more detail about the "flat spot", pics maybe?

Comment

Any news on the extended windshield?

Comment

I got my extended windshield from Seebird a couple weeks ago and put it into my car for a fitting. The copy came out fairly well but if I was to get another one, I would ask Pat to make a couple changes to the pattern and the mould.

The driver's side upper edge where it rounds the corner is about 1/4" higher that the centre of the screen on the top so it would need a bit of body work on the surround to have it all match up. The sides of the windshield are also about 1/2" narrower at the bottom. So I will need add in a bit of mounting plate to the lower portions of the a pillar and then add in some material on the a pillar surround.

Overall it is a pretty good copy but it would need some tweaking to get it set up for others. Pat is not interested in doing any more of these so unfortunately, this is a dead end now as well.

Mario has the cut down windshield he had organized out in Montreal and the Sebring surround from IKR are the only replacements I know about now.

Cheers
                Don
                308 Ferrari replica
                Prova Countach 5000S

Comment

Don, I thought your windshield was an exact copy of AD's.

I'm not familiar with the Sebring surround. How much mods does that need? Would that still work on a basically stock Fiero?

Comment

hi everyone

anyone have pics of sebring winshield installed using IKR winshield surround.
                    thanks

Comment

Originally posted by jboogey View Post
                      hi everyone

anyone have pics of sebring winshield installed using IKR winshield surround.
                      thanks
                      I would also be interested in seeing a better pic

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X