X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ferrari Berlinetta
    replied
    Re: Fibreglass Samples

ok what did I do wrong? I ground down the fiberglass panel so it had a good area to bond to and the bolt which had a piece of metal welded to it to keep it from spinning. I applied the material, put it outside in the bright sun for 30 minutes or so. Checked it and it was dry. Then when to bolt it onto the car the patch came off in one piece. I was then able to pull apart the individual layers..... so what did I not do right?

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

cant wait

Leave a comment:

• Goldie
    replied

2 more samples sent anyone else

Leave a comment:

• Goldie
    replied

its 35 inches wide by 10 metres on the roll

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

yeah how big is it again? might use it to make a part for my bike and post results

Leave a comment:

• Goldie
    replied

You want a sample J?

Originally posted by Greenmeansgo
    nice stuff!

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

nice stuff!

Leave a comment:

• Goldie
    replied

Anyone done anything else with the sample?

Leave a comment:

• Goldie
    replied

Posted

Originally posted by billy s
    Originally posted by carspancho
    IAM STILL WAITING FOR MINE :'( :'( I SENT YOU MY ADDRESS ALREADY
    Me too!

Leave a comment:

• Goldie
    replied

I now have a full roll of the fibreglass. 10 metres x 35 inches wide. If anyone wants some let me know and I will price each size up. I will cover the shipping.

Leave a comment:

• Ferrari Berlinetta
    replied

Not yet, I spent most of today working on moving the door seal up the 2" I raised the bottom of the door and rebuilding the the door seal that I cut off when I was removing the old "B" pillar. Guess I got a little carried away when I was cutting things out... opps If all goes well, I will do my test this weekend and let you know how it goes.

Leave a comment:

• Goldie
    replied

Did you do your other test ?

Originally posted by Ferrari Berlinetta
    I have been meaning to post this for over a week so far. I agree this stuff is easy to use and has very little smell to it. I decided to make a bracket that would hold the rocket panel to the quarter. A screw will be installed between this piece and the rocket and then the whole thing glassed together. There are actually two brackets on each side with one screw in each. The thin piece of material in between them will be cut out once rough installed and was just there to keep the parts separated.

Here is my take of the material:
    Took it out of the package and oh-ed and ah-ed over it for a few minutes. Then I used some HVAC tape to separate the quarter from this material so I could remove it later. I Cut a piece to size and stuck it onto the quarter. I actually stuck like tape and this is on a surface that is sitting vertical. The material DID NOT move at all. The small piece that tied the two together was then just placed where I wanted it and pressed it together. I went back after 5, 10 then 15 minutes and it still was not dried. I decided that the small amount of light coming into my garage was just not enough. Took the quarter outside and 10 minutes later when I returned it was dried. I then removed it and again oh-ed and ah-ed over it. The material itself is thick and with one layer it still has some flex to it but overall holds it's shape rather well. So far I am impressed. I want to do one more test and that will be install it onto the rocker and see how well it holds up. It does take and hold a shape well and you can even see the line where the two pieces of tape were butted up against each other.

Goldie err FAF now.. will you be offering larger sheets for sale?

Oh thumbs up to the moderators!! I just noticed spell check is WORKING!!!! Great news for all of us spelling challenged!

Leave a comment:

• Goldie
    replied

Will be getting the other samples sent out this week

Leave a comment:

• dratts1
    replied

Me too!

Leave a comment:

• billy s