Custom Speedo Cluster options Fiero w/3.8 SC w/AT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custom Speedo Cluster options Fiero w/3.8 SC w/AT

I am looking for options for a speedo cluster. I am building GT1 Kit on a Fiero Porsche Carrera GT. The Fiberglass dash will fit the Fiero Speedo cluster but I want to upgrade it. I am also going a 3800 SC w/AT series II swap from a Buick Riviera. I did get the wiring harness and computer.

My question is can I use another speedo cluster? Hopefully I can just splice in the wires and everthing will work great but before I buy a speedo I though I should ask if it would work! And if so how difficult would it be? I could use a Porsche one, but expect a GM on would be easier (just a guess)

Here is one from a GTO that would fit

Re: Custom Speedo Cluster options Fiero w/3.8 SC w/AT

FYI

Here is what I found. The Firebird '98 or older should work. The '99 and newer Speedo clusters use a serial bus which gets data from the sensor directly. Which means it would be difficult to make work.

Comment

Depending on the year of the computer, that data may be available. It may also be easier to use the cluster from the donor, although convering a digital cluster over to analog can be done (I have), but it's not for the faint of heart.

Bob
      Bob custom '84 Fiero SE --->>> custom F408
      http://www.madmechanics.com/forum/cu...ilepic37_1.gif

Comment

Originally posted by RCR
        Depending on the year of the computer, that data may be available. It may also be easier to use the cluster from the donor, although convering a digital cluster over to analog can be done (I have), but it's not for the faint of heart.

Bob
        Thanks for the info. The donner was a '98 Riveria 3800 II SC didn't pull the cluster, but think I have both computers. Don't think the cluster would have fit. I would love to get the red one pictured above or the Porche one working. Let me know if I can use serial bus GM clusters or Porche ones.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X