Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 355 Replica Headlights

Awesome work Don !!!
    I am on your "list" for a set of these, right?
    I don't want you to end the production run before I get a set of these!!!

Comment

You are.

I have four people waiting for these including you now. Very patiently as well I might add......

I plan to get Toby's buckets completed tonight so I can ship to him this coming week. I will start laying up new buckets in my moulds to get ready for the next set to be built once Toby mounts and returns info and adjustment is may need to make to the headlight mounts or anything. I have only mocked these up on my car which is different in slope to AD and other kits so it will be a good test fit on Toby's to see how it all works.

I will also be gone for most of May so there won't be any work on the buckets during May....

I'll post pics once I get the mounts in place tonight and machine the pivot pins. I plan to mount the bucket on a Fiero headlight motor and take pics so everyone can see how it will be configured and they can make their minds up if they want a set of not.

Cheers
      Don
      308 Ferrari replica
      Prova Countach 5000S

Comment

Updates;

Machined the pivots for the buckets tonight. I am also ready to glue the headlight mounts into the buckets but I have an apartment full of furniture stuck in my garage for a week or so. This pretty much removes the ability to do any fiberglassing..... Always something. Maybe after the weekend, I can take the parts outside and glue the headlight mounts in and let it sit outside until the fumes go away and I can work on them in the garage again.

Just mocked up tonight for fitting so I still need to finish securing the pivots to the buckets and I also need to make a push rod for the buckets and some stops that will bolt to the side arms of the motor frame so the buckets come to a stop where needed. I don't know where these will need to go since I don't have the car to mock that up. I'll make them and send them to Toby with a diagram of my thoughts and see how it all fits.

Cheers
        Don
        Attached Files
        308 Ferrari replica
        Prova Countach 5000S

Comment

This is some Biuuuuuutifull work Don
          http://www.mychimaera.com
          http://www.my240z.info

Comment

THE FIRST SET ARE DONE!!!!!!!!

Tonight, I finished off the first set of headlight buckets after pretty much 3 years of working through the retrofitting of oem buckets. How time flies........... :P

I am very happy with them and I will be shipping these off to Toby for him to install and see how everything fits. Once he has them in place, I can see what needs tweaking and then offer them out to others.

I already have 4 others that have been very patiently waiting all these years so I will be doing those first. I have to say that these have taken WAY MORE TIME and were much more complex than I had imagined in my wildest dreams. I am not going to lie, if I had not already committed to several folks that I would get them some, I would have moved on a long time ago. Even with all the jigs and templates I have created for these, I estimate at least 1 week per set as everything needs to be made from scratch. Anyway, enough whining as they do look good if do say so myself..... ;D

I am out of country until the end of May starting this Saturday so will not be able to work on the other sets for the folks for May but will get at them when I get back.

I plan to provide:
            • 2 buckets
            • 2 fascias
            • 4 machines pivots pins and spacers
            • 2 pushrods and pins
            • Instructions on how to install and additional items the purchasers will need to create to install properly

Enjoy the pics as I have been enjoying looking at them drinking a celebratory beer.......

Cheers
            Don
            Attached Files
            308 Ferrari replica
            Prova Countach 5000S

Comment

x
              Attached Files
              308 Ferrari replica
              Prova Countach 5000S

Comment

x
                Attached Files
                308 Ferrari replica
                Prova Countach 5000S

Comment

x
                  Attached Files
                  308 Ferrari replica
                  Prova Countach 5000S

Comment

Nice job Don. They look like real ones

Dave
                    If you're not confused, you're not paying attention.

Comment

I have a set of bulbs for this headlite setup at a good price. Larry Cranmer,Seal Beach, Ca.

Comment

Wow!
                        These are truly a work of art Don. You are the headlight GURU now.
                        (kneel while reading this next part)
                        I dub thee, SIR DON, The Headlight Master, Ferrari Inspirata Copios!
                        Or the HMFIC for those that speak Navy. LOL! ;D
                        (you can stand up now)

Comment

HA!!!! Haven't seen an acronym that long in a while.....

I am glad you loike them. I am very happy withthe way they have turned out.

I will get back on them in June when I return home. I hope I don't get too many orders as I want to get my 308 finished and into paint in June as well....... :P

Cheers
                          Don

308 Ferrari replica
                          Prova Countach 5000S

Comment

LOL! For those that didn't serve in the Navy, "HMFIC" is the Head ____ ___ In Charge.

It's only an inside joke if someone else gets it. ;D

Comment

Ah yes..... brings back the Navy days quite well. Back when if you didn't use every second word as an F bomb, no body listened to you........

Cheers
                              Don
                              308 Ferrari replica
                              Prova Countach 5000S

Comment

whoo whoo!!!

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X