355 Replica Headlights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 355 Replica Headlights

well after 7 years, I decide to finish her up...

And guess what...JW's number is...disconnected!

Anyone have new contact info?

Hows everyone doing! good to see some recognizable names!

Comment

Originally posted by jntramey
      LOL! For those that didn't serve in the Navy, "HMFIC" is the Head ____ ___ In Charge.

It's only an inside joke if someone else gets it. ;D
      Just so you know... I got it... and laughed out loud.

Comment

Originally posted by Modena

JW sold all of his molds for the 355 to Bartman on this forum. PM him and he can get you any parts you need.

Comment

Don,
          How much for a set of these headlights?
          Barry

Comment

Originally posted by 88Dino
            Don,
            How much for a set of these headlights?
            Barry
            I happen to know that Don is away on vacation for about 2-3 weeks, so don't be worried if you don't see a response for a while.

Comment

Originally posted by Modena

Welcome back.

Comment

Don, Those look AWESOME! Great job!
                [url]http://www.madmechanics.com/forum/build-diaries/8454-my-official-ad355-build-thread-sactodreamer.html[/url]

Comment

I now have the first set of these headlights in my hands... and I guarantee there is nobody on this forum that is happier than I am right now. These things are PHENOMENAL quality. The work Don has done on these is unbelievable. The brackets have all been smoothed, the finish is ready to spray with paint, and glass is thick and sturdy. I can't wait to get these on the car.

wow... just wow.

Comment

These were many years in the making, congradulations. We expect to see this being added to your build diary!

Comment

• Re: 355 Replica Headlights

Hey guys;

I am sitting on a cabin balcony on the Carnival Magic. This is one freakin' big boat boys........ A bit more comfy than my navy days as well.

We are just getting ready to sail out of Venice right now. The tug just pulled up below me at the aft end and is hooking up.

I am glad you like the headlights Toby.

Keep sending me emails about progress so I can make sure I get everything sorted out so when I get back I can make the sets fo rthe other committed buyers.

I'll post a pile more pictures and a price once I am back in Canada next week everyone. I have a price in mind due to the work but I want to make sure it is fair for everyone and me for my time to build these. These are supposed to be an affordable optoin for the hobby but I also don't plan on taking up my time for free.......

Talk to everyone next week when I am home.

Cheers
                      Don
                      308 Ferrari replica
                      Prova Countach 5000S

Comment

Enjoy your R&R Don. I'm sure you will be busy filling orders for your fabulous headlights when you get back. I'm looking forward to seeing them on Toby's car.
                        My Projects:

http://www.madmechanics.com/forum/bu...y-project.html
                        http://www.madmechanics.com/forum/bu...-facelift.html
                        http://www.madmechanics.com/forum/bu...430-build.html

Comment

Originally posted by MacGyver
                          Enjoy your R&R Don. I'm sure you will be busy filling orders for your fabulous headlights when you get back. I'm looking forward to seeing them on Toby's car.
                          Me too! :-)

Stand by.

Comment

Toby is installing the headlights this week and should have some feedback for me.

One items we did find out right away is that '88 Fiero motors have th epushrod pressed on whereas theolder models have an e-clip which is what I was designing for. I am currently sourcing some nylon washers and sleeves so that I can not have metal to metal contct fo rthe pusrod. I had some out in Calagry but Voctoria is small enough that the stores I would getthem in out in Calagry are small enough here that they don't carry the same stock.

I have to find a source I can get a couple hundred of each at once so I don't need to go out and get them every headlight set.

If all goes well with Toby's install, I will have a price and availability list within the week.

As a starter, I am looking at charging $650.00 US for each set. Not really cheap but still way lower than oem. You buy the Cavalier headlights since the States are much cheaper than I can get them for up here.

I will post what you will get with each set once Toby confirms that everything works.

Thanks
                            Don
                            308 Ferrari replica
                            Prova Countach 5000S

Comment

Update on the headlights;

As usual with everything for me, it is taking longer to build the confirmed sets of buckets than I had hoped. I am 80% complete the second set of headlights to go out to a customer. I have 2 more waiting behind him to finish up.

On a positive note, Toby sent me some update pics of the buckets installed in his AD 355. He says they fit like a glove and the install was very easy. A couple minor tweaks for me on the new sets but everything else went well. I am sure Toby will add more pics to his build diary but I thought I would get some pics out to everyone with what the lights look like in the up position. I have more of the buckets in the closed as well but not here at work.

Cheers
                              Don
                              Attached Files
                              308 Ferrari replica
                              Prova Countach 5000S

Comment

Two more for now.

I am very happy with the way these have turned out. I think the installs will be very simple for folks. The AD kits should fit in with very little effort and the other kits will vary depending on how close to oem the designers got with the front bumper and finders..... I am sure my own panels will cause me great grief since they have for everything else.....

Cheers
                                Don
                                Attached Files
                                308 Ferrari replica
                                Prova Countach 5000S

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X