• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 355 Replica Headlights

AWESOME!!! I can't wait to get my hands on a pair of these! ;D

Comment

You are number 3 on the upcoming list jntramey. At the rate I am getting these done, you should have them for the end of the year........ Seriously, probably a couple months out as I have a lot of sanding and an extended screen to put into the 308 this summer as well to get it off to paint.

Cheers
      Don
      308 Ferrari replica
      Prova Countach 5000S

Comment

I know what I'm getting for Christmas!!!!!! ;D ;D ;D

Comment

I will say that they installed really nice, and work perfectly. They fit the AD Kit (at least the one that I have) very well. They look perfectly OEM. I will try to put the lights into the housings and upload new pics this weekend so that you can see them with the lights in them.

Comment

I THINK I JUST DID SOMETHING IN MY PANTS!
            [url]http://www.madmechanics.com/forum/build-diaries/8454-my-official-ad355-build-thread-sactodreamer.html[/url]

Comment

ewwwww........
              308 Ferrari replica
              Prova Countach 5000S

Comment

Originally posted by Don
                ewwwww........
                HAHA as gross as that is........it WAS a compliment! ;D

[url]http://www.madmechanics.com/forum/build-diaries/8454-my-official-ad355-build-thread-sactodreamer.html[/url]

Comment

Haha I took it as one Sacto. The visual took me by surprise is all.......

I hope to have the next set out next week and get on to the backlog. I hope Toby is able to get the cav headlights into the buckets this weekend and see where we have the headlights pointing so I can tell if I need to tweak the mounting plate position to get the lights close to good so adjusting will not be too drastic.

More to come. Just down in Phoenix this weekend to enjoy our new condo. Hot like a son of a gun down here..... I like it.. ;D

Cheers
                  Don
                  308 Ferrari replica
                  Prova Countach 5000S

Comment

Well, the headlights are installed, and I must say... they look GOOD.

I had 2 different years of cavalier headlights. 89, and 90. There are some subtle differences between the two that give them both pros and cons. The 90 headlights are a little wider, therefore a little harder to install, but they also have an adjustment mechanism that will be easier to adjust while on the car. So... just keep that in mind if you are going to do the swap. Personally, I think I would try to find 2 headlights off of a 90 cavalier if it were me. You may need to drill holes in the bottom of the buckets to adjust them, unless Don does it for you before shipping them.

I do not have bulbs or pigtails for these headlights, so I have no way of really knowing where they are pointed, but just from eyeballing them, they look pretty close. I think they are generally pointing where they wanted to, the car doesn't look like a crosseyed dog.

Total time spent so far to build the mounts and stops for the motor brackets, and install the headlights is maybe 10 hours. Not bad for a perfect OEM look.

Here are a few pics for you.

Attached Files

Comment

x2
                      Attached Files

Comment

eww...Me want! Me want!!! ;D

Comment

Toby;

Those look great in the car. I am very glad they are close to where they should be so adjustment is easier as that was one thing I wasn't sure about with the ones I have. I am curious what the differences are between the two years as I thought they were all the same from 88 to 92???

If you have them out again in the near future, please take some pics of what everything looks like in the rear side so I can see what the adjustment differences are.

Thanks very much for posting.

I am all done baking down here in Phoenix and heading home tomorow so I will be back on the buckets this week. Finish off the first set and get the second set laid up in the moulds. I am keeping the buckets in the moulds a bit longer than I orginally planned as I was finding that the fascias were curving inward on the side panels as they were still curing when I took them out. I left the first set in for 4 days so I will confirm it workd once I clean the extra off and set them up against the buckets.

More to come and thanks again Toby.

Cheers
                          Don
                          308 Ferrari replica
                          Prova Countach 5000S

Comment

Toby & Don,
                            The headlights look great. A job well done!

Comment

Originally posted by Ferrari Berlinetta
                              Toby & Don,
                              The headlights look great. A job well done!
                              Couldn't have done it without ya. ;-)

Comment

Don that is a real piece of art, great job, I requested to be put on the list at the begining of your build. i am waiting for my headlights to have my car painted. You can email where to send the money or paypal. Thank you for taking the time to fill this need so many of us have, and you have done it in an outstanding way.
                                BOOMER
                                David buoch@msn.com

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X