• Re: 355 Replica Headlights

those things look EVEN better on the car than on the bench
    http://www.mychimaera.com
    http://www.my240z.info

Comment

Originally posted by chimaera
      those things look EVEN better on the car than on the bench
      ... and they look better in person than in a picture. I can't wait until they are painted.

Comment

Thanks for all the positive comments folks.

It was a labour mostly of love and fun.......

Boomer;

Sorry bud, I completely dropped you off the list in my LONGGGGGG time building. You are back on. No payment necessary until I am ready to ship. I thought you had a set made already as I have pics from you showing me what you did???

Guess I better get my butt out to the garage more in the next couple months to get these hammered out. ;D

Thanks
        Don
        308 Ferrari replica
        Prova Countach 5000S

Comment

Machined the pins tonight while waiting for fiberglass to cure. Tomorrow night I plan to sand down the buckets and fit everything in prep for final clean and send off end of the week.

Toby mentioned he had a small issue with one bucket having the mounting plate too far over to one side so I will need to adjust that placement a bit on the jig.

Thanks
          Don
          308 Ferrari replica
          Prova Countach 5000S

Comment

Next set of headlights will be done tomorrow night once I rivet the pushrod pivots in place and do some final cleanup and one more spray with primer. After that, hey, another set to work on. Glassing is half done on the next set in line.

Cheers
            Don
            Attached Files
            308 Ferrari replica
            Prova Countach 5000S

Comment

• Ok. Took the moulds and in progress buckets out of storage yesterday. I am in the process of putting EFI on our 67 Mustang which I hope to have finished in the next couple days. After that, I will be doing these buckets, doing the Lambo bumper, dam and flares.

I have a set of buckets half built so should have a set done in a couple weeks between the other work.

I will be contacting the folks on the waiting list to see who is ready.

Thanks
              Don
              308 Ferrari replica
              Prova Countach 5000S

Comment

• Please do post prices and what headlights will they use?

Comment

• My ifg 355 is already finished and painted and uses big ugly fiero lights
                  Would I need different headlight panels for the exterior ?
                  Can this be retrofitted in easily without redoing my car, and if so , how much for a set?

Comment

• I would think that even if you had to do some minor rework / fitment in the headlight area, you could spot paint the hood area and headlight doors and it would not be very noticeable. Especially if you have the paint code and your paint is not very faded, it would be hard to see a difference.

Comment

• Buckets use Cavalier headlights. 88-90 if I remember correctly.

You need to do a bit of trimming on the headlights to get them to fit in the buckets as they have additional plastic mounts etc, hanging off the sides of them. They fit tight even trimmed.

These are molded off oem headlight buckets so it will depend on how close the bucket tops are on your car. I found on my car i had to cut out 1" tapered piece from the top edge and will need to do a bit of filling on the front edge.

Toby had to add in about 1/2" to the inside edge of his AD hood for have the buckets fit in to the hood spacing.

May be hard for you to have an easy insert but you can also get your hood repainted if you really want the oem replicas rather than Fiero bug eyes.....

More to come guys as I get some more buckets laid up and the machining done.

Cheers
                      Don
                      308 Ferrari replica
                      Prova Countach 5000S

Comment

• I thought I would pull this out of the archives and update the 355 Headlights availability.

These are the last full set that I will be producing but a fellow builder has taken on the molds to continue the availability. A few pics of what just shipped out this week.

The other builder will update this thread or a new thread in the Mall on timing and pricing when he is ready to continue with the builds.

Cheers
                        Don
                        Attached Files
                        308 Ferrari replica
                        Prova Countach 5000S

Comment

• Those look great, I wish my car wasn't already painted because I'm sure something painted would need cut to make room. Who am I kidding I don't have that kind of coin to drop on them either. I'm glad to hear someone is going to pick up the ball and run with it. It would be a shame to see your creation stop being used.
                          [url]http://www.madmechanics.com/forum/build-diaries/8454-my-official-ad355-build-thread-sactodreamer.html[/url]

Comment

• I currently live in a tent I've pitched next to my mailbox. This is your fault Don... THANK YOU!

Comment

• Originally posted by jntramey View Post
                              I currently live in a tent I've pitched next to my mailbox. This is your fault Don... THANK YOU!

Wait until you see these in person.... Don's work is outstanding!
                              -Glenn

"One day I had a bit of an argument with my friend Enzo Ferrari, who reckoned I wasnít able to drive a Ferrari, only tractors. Thatís when I got the idea into my head and told myself Ė Iíll make the cars myself from now on!" - Ferruccio Lamborghini

Comment

• beautiful.
                                - fidali355

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X