Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Autobody guy /waterbased paint spray gun question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aatthelemans
    replied
    Auto paint guns are nowadays popular among the people and they get more about the things. On the contrary, essay shark is giving the guideline that will make you all according to present the various deeds and questions.

Leave a comment:

• jdinner
    replied
    Re: Autobody guy /waterbased paint spray gun question.

Here is a pic of ORCC's ( Eddie's) work. Taken Oct 3rd, 2010. More can be found http://bit.ly/9XZEXq - See page 9.

Leave a comment:

• 0rcc
    replied

BTW you can use any gun not even S/S few times, it's not going to kill. but should have 1.3 set. older guns have 1.4, it would work, but the atomination would be not so great.
    if you get water base try PPG, their aplication is same as solven base and it dries up faster. I just did Jim Dinners Lambo w/ PPG pearl.
    ( only inside decks and door jams for now)
    normaly I use Standox.

Leave a comment:

• Daleford
    replied

Thanks. I have everything in place, air compressor wise. Just wondering about the gun. Thanks again for the info.

Leave a comment:

• 0rcc
    replied

I can tell you a little bit about ,since I do paint Cars for living. waterbased paint: you need a S/S gun w 1.2 or 1.3 needle set up.best are Sata or as I use Iwata. both guns are HVLP. but to acomeplish HVLP the are big other things you'll need, Compresor close to the booth and 1" ID copper, S/S or plastic feeding tubes, you'll need Air drier and in the Spray booth you'll need min.3/8 ID hose. you also need good Air flow .or Air flow help ( Fan)to speed up the evaporation of water in the paint.
    I love it but it has it downs too, for instance it is very difficult to neeble out a inperfection on base ,not like the old solvent paint. so the surface must be total crap free.
    good luck ,it takes some experiance painters to get to know how in bit time.

Leave a comment:

• Daleford
    started a topic Autobody guy /waterbased paint spray gun question.

Autobody guy /waterbased paint spray gun question.

I have my head in the sand as far as conversion to waterbase auto paint goes. Last night I bought an $80 Campbell Hausfeld model DH7900 spray gun at Home Depot. It says stainless steel nozzle and needle but it doesn't actually say suitable for waterbase. I will check with CHausfeld of course but I was wondering if anyone here uses this model and is this model good enough for spraying the new waterbased paints?

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X