Clear All

• looking for a paint code

I called the ford dealer and they said I need a vin#
    can anyone help me out

I am looking for the ford racing red
    it's a red/orange colour not quite red but not orange either

Thanks, ;D

Re: looking for a paint code

what year is it from i should be able to help you out,i have autocolor and all the books,also all the color decks,is it solid or does it have any metallic

Comment

they have offered it many years, I know it is on the 2010 and 2011 ford f150 raptor

http://cars-zones.blogspot.com/2010/...-truck-of.html

Comment

I'm pretty sure the name is Molten Orange for that color (although I've seen a few guys on the Ford Forum call it Molton Red). No info on the color code though.
        Previous Builds: AF - 308 Replica w/ V8 & GM F-body Testarossa Replica
        Current Toys: 308 V8 Project #2, 91 V-12 Jaguar XJ-S Coupe. 1983 Hurst\Olds, 1979 Trans/AM - 468CID Bracket Car.

Comment

I went to the ford dealer and they had no clue, the parts guy sent me to sales and the sales guy said go to parts. then the parts guy said heneeds a vin #...fun stuff

Comment

i have it first thing in the morning when i get to my shop

Comment

looks like vermillion clearcoat.

http://www.paintscratch.com/cgi-bin/makepaint2.cgi

E4/M6470

Comment

Originally posted by Flying_Roadster
                looks like vermillion clearcoat.

http://www.paintscratch.com/cgi-bin/makepaint2.cgi

E4/M6470
                Pretty sure the Vermillion is the Bright Red Color not the "Red/Orange looking color".
                Current Toys: 308 V8 Project #2, 91 V-12 Jaguar XJ-S Coupe. 1983 Hurst\Olds, 1979 Trans/AM - 468CID Bracket Car.

Comment

F1 seems to be bright red. E4 looks to be orange red. Both are called Vermillion.

Grant

Comment

You have a point there.....

Didn't notice the "dual vermillions"

Comment

well, I have no ideas that get car painted will need vehicle identification number. what is it for? Maybe the for certain VINed-car, there is certain type of paint?

Comment

Yes, they should be including the vehicle VIN in an appraisal can aide in identifying the specific vehicle appraised and is often required to identify the correct parts when dealing with a parts department. Additionally, when the vin is entered into estimating software, the program can more accurately determine vehicle specific information. While many estimating programs allow the manual selection of vehicle by year, make and model; using the VIN helps prevent user error.

Comment

Believe it or not we have to deal with a lot of this when doing paintless dent repair, we normally have to source it out to a body shop but we have a lot of connections. Do you have any more info about your car, maybe we could help you out.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X