Paint Countach Gallaro Orange

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paint Countach Gallaro Orange

I am considering painting my Countach Gallardo Orange. Does anyone think that would really hurt the value of the car. It is currently white, and I love the white. However, I am going to paint the car regardless, so just looking for some opinions!

Re: Paint Countach Gallaro Orange

You're a lucky boy I went to Stoneleigh and took a video of a dablo in lambo orange

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7LU7VviPlY

Looked stunning
    D

Comment

Originally posted by novi331
      I am considering painting my Countach Gallardo Orange. Does anyone think that would really hurt the value of the car. It is currently white, and I love the white. However, I am going to paint the car regardless, so just looking for some opinions!
      Its not the value necessarily that may be affected, white has never been a colour that made a car desirable, but you may reduce its appeal if you were wanting to sell it on, don't think it would suit the "classic" Countach like it does the later Gallardo, Diablo and Murcielago. It would however look stunning in Caellum Blue Metallic.

Comment

No I dont think it will hurt the value.By the way I saw an awsome Diablo in sunset Orange,Pearl.
        Attached Files
        The road to life is full of flat squirrels, who couldn't make up their mind!

Comment

here's the real deal with a metallic orange finish...I think the factory did this, so no loss of value

Will

Comment

Bump in case the OP hasn't seen it...or for the fact it's Countach related.... ;D

Comment

I'm not sure if I like that color on Countach

Comment

me either, but it's made it's point about devaluing the car because of paint color...this is a real one, and....it's orange! ;D

Comment

The LP400 cars were seen in the non-typical colors like non-metallic orange & neon green and those looked good.

Comment

That orange Countach looks very, very good. However, I've never seen that as a factory color for the Countach. I would almost have to believe that is not the original paint on that car. That kind of finish just doesn't look period correct.

Though it's really hard to tell, the seams and contact points between the ground effects and body aren't as pronounced as on other authentic Countach examples. Then there's the matter of that NACA duct that very obviously is not black.

On the other hand though, there were some very special models that left the factory with some non-standard options and not all were well documented. So, I suppose it could be, but I would bet that's not original factory paint. The orange that was a normal Countach color was nothing like what's on that car.

Comment

though I think the owner claimed it as original paint, I'd be more inclined to agree with you on the color not being original.

Will

Comment

back then, there where no colors as that one, on any production car. that color does not suit the Countach.

Comment

murci day glow orange...lol, definitely not original. I've seen some interesting colors though, including a non metallic purple 25th from the factory

Will

Comment

I think it is just to far off an original color and it would throw me off.. Now, Caellum Blue Metallic might be an interesting color, however I cannot find anything close to it!! I wish had photoshop to try a few different color combos. I just might repaint the car the original white. I WANT TO DRIVE IT ASAP!

Comment

I prefer white on a countach, looks awesome in my opinon, the one on DC Supercars website and stand is always spotless with the white interior

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X