Dimension needed - rear window opening AD355 Berlinetta

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dimension needed - rear window opening AD355 Berlinetta

Can anyone tell me how tall this area needs to be (see photo below) in order to fit in the glass and any clearances needed? I want to make a support bar that goes just under the fiberglass but do not have the MR2 rear window yet.

Thanks!!
    Attached Files

Re: Dimension needed - rear window opening AD355 Berlinetta

Still need this information.

Comment

Mark has the rear window in plastic ,would you like to have one made, at material cost, plus shipping ,i sent my mr2 glass to him an it has been copied but after the mold tooling was made, none of the people asking about the rear glass placed orders ,they are clear as Original glass this kit use the mr2 back glass

http://www.madmechanics.com/profile/?u=19409
      In the USA if you pay a company / person to start a plug, then it,s your plug and work ,it is not theirs to sell or trade !!

Comment

Thanks IKR. I will think about using Marks rear glass. I know he does good work as I have a set of his side glass already.

If you have the glass there could you measure the height sometime this week so I can add in the reinforcements I wanted to add.

Thanks.

Comment

Ask Brastic, he will know. He has a AD355.

Dave
          If you're not confused, you're not paying attention.

Comment

I've got an MR2 glass that hasn't been installed on my AD355 yet. What measurements are you looking for? (from which point to where, etc.)

Comment

I need to know how tall the glass is in the center of the window. I can then add 1/4" on each side to get the opening size needed in the fiberglass.

Thanks!

Comment

in the center, from bottom of glass to top of glass = 9 1/2".
                off center on the left and on the right, from the bottom of glass to top of tab on MR2 glass = 9 7/8"

____/----\___________/----\_____
                / \
                / \
                /_______________________________\

Comment

Tabs.... I wasn't aware there were any tabs. Thanks for pointing that out and for the dimensions. You were a big help.

Comment

Originally posted by jntramey
                    I've got an MR2 glass that hasn't been installed on my AD355 yet. What measurements are you looking for? (from which point to where, etc.)
                    Out of curiosity, what is the width at the rear bottom tips... from left bottom to right bottom.

Comment

Originally posted by jntramey
                      in the center, from bottom of glass to top of glass = 9 1/2".
                      off center on the left and on the right, from the bottom of glass to top of tab on MR2 glass = 9 7/8"

____/----\___________/----\_____
                      / \
                      / \
                      /_______________________________\

Wow good thing I asked. My opening is 9" exactly. Guess the glass would not of fit. Hopefully I can pull down the bottom part a good inch..... Anyone else have this problem?

Comment

Weellll... What point are you measuring? The opening itself or the recessed part the glass glues into?

Comment

Bart, I measured the recessed area where the glass would be sealed against. He opening where you would see through is smaller. I can pull the lower lip down some but it doesn't move easily.

Comment

Mine is 9" exactly as well. Not sure if I can get it to move a 1/2" or not. I would bet not.

Is it possible that there is a gasket that is supposed to go around the window and sit down in the groove, and then the window sits on top of it? I don't know. I have never seen the MR2 glass or how it installs.

Comment

Took some pics. A wise man seeks many counsel.
                              You can still see some of the old sealant on the back side of the glass where it was bonded to the MR2 body.
                              bottom to top center of glass

length of glass from bottom edge to bottom edge.

old sealant on back of glass

Don't understand why pic posted upside down, but this is a pic from bottom of glass to top of tab (two tabs total, one on each side, on top edge of glass)

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X