Size:	4.6 KB
ID:	389181

Click image for larger version

Name:	fiero frame on.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	58.9 KB
ID:	389182

But what about the MR2?
    Last edited by am33r; 04-19-2013, 04:03 PM.

Frame by "Extreme UK" Murcielago Coupe Replica on an MR2

Front Impact/Crumble Zone! Rear Impact/Crumble Zone! Side Pillar Support Zone! Windshield & Dash Support Zone! Etc.

Name:	Windshield Frame A Pillar & Hinge Support.JPG
Size:	28.6 KB
ID:	374707

Name:	Rocker & Side Support.JPG
Size:	28.6 KB
ID:	374708

Name:	Front Bumper Frame.JPG
Size:	33.9 KB
ID:	374709
    Last edited by am33r; 05-11-2013, 05:18 PM.

Comment

Our member Mitch made a simple frame that he used for this exact task G28 Roadster on Streched MR2.
      He added a lot more metal work later on but this was the basic form.

Rear Pillar

Name:	rear pillar 2.jpg
Size:	31.0 KB
ID:	374598

Side Pillar

Name:	side pillar.jpg
Size:	27.6 KB
ID:	374599

Midsection Cross Pillar

Name:	mid section cross pillar.jpg
Size:	49.6 KB
ID:	374600

Trunk/Body Support Pillar

Name:	rear side pillar.jpg
Size:	56.0 KB
ID:	374601

Front (no pillar yet)

Name:	cross bar.jpg
Size:	89.1 KB
ID:	374602
      Last edited by am33r; 05-08-2013, 05:56 PM.

Comment

I am ordering metal for a frame next week & it will be in 5 separate sections.
        Any ideas and suggestions? Thank you
        Last edited by am33r; 05-11-2013, 05:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by am33r View Post

So there is one for the Fiero Builds!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]22750[/ATTACH]

But what about the MR2?
          Do you by chance have the width of the frame side to side.
          Thanks

Comment

I don't have it. Ask ItalianKnightRider he makes those and he has the dimentions. Or make a new Thread regarding those exact pictures and someone will finally share that info.

Comment

Thanks for also sharing the A-pillar frame setup. Murci-LEGO
              http://www.madmechanics.com/forum/bu...tml#post188542
              Follow my designs on Facebook fan pages.:cool: [url]http://www.facebook.com/AutoArts[/url]

Comment

There was nothing out there for my build that I could find for the MR2 and the g28. I used the support frames pictured above as a starting point and literally had to get underneath and piece in piece by piece additional supports. All of it I made removable except for the initial frames pictured above. Any thing more would make the body permanent and harder to work with in the future. But Unfortunately, I have no plans or blueprinting of what I did. It was trial and error, as many of these builds tend to start out as.
                Keep dreaming if you want to, I'm building mine!

Comment

Hey mitch - what if the kit were Front Clam, Rear Clam, Two Side rockers, and Windshield Surround! Would'nt that make life a lot easier in the future?

Comment

i jave this framr but i need help fi.ding how to suppot the body

Does anyone have info to help on how to support the g28 frame on a stretched fiero ?

Please

The body just hangs way too far out with no support for the roof, etc with this frame

i would appreciate any help

I will be posting all info and build diary i create for this to help people in the future
                    thank you!!!!

Originally posted by MDMurcy2 View Post
                    There was nothing out there for my build that I could find for the MR2 and the g28. I used the support frames pictured above as a starting point and literally had to get underneath and piece in piece by piece additional supports. All of it I made removable except for the initial frames pictured above. Any thing more would make the body permanent and harder to work with in the future. But Unfortunately, I have no plans or blueprinting of what I did. It was trial and error, as many of these builds tend to start out as.
                    Last edited by PKovach; 07-03-2013, 02:22 AM.

Comment

I am making mine now! refer to my build diary.

Basically once you decided where the body should be on the car, you first create support frames for the SIDE ROCKERS to place them at the perfect spot Height and Distance wise in regards to the donors lower door rockers.
                      Last edited by am33r; 07-02-2013, 08:53 PM.

Comment

How do you determine where this position is? - What is the 'donors lower door rocker' ? I assume the rocker is the lower vent panel, so what is it you are referring to on the fiero body? Man, I am too much of a newbie...

Comment

"Rockers" on the kit are the panels with vents (: and on the donor they are the metal below the door (in ur case the metal stretch subframe that hosts the Fiero tub and goes around the whole donor car).

How do we know where the kits sits on the donor?

Front to rear: make sure the wheels are in the center of wheel wells (especially front wheels so you have maximum turning without rubbing the kit).

Side to side: make sure the windshield opening on the kit is symmetrical to the center of the dash on the donor, and wheels are equal distances from the edge of the wheel well (flush or whatever)... And the rear if the car needs to look symmetrical.

How high should the kit sit?

Make the best judgement for ur windshield opening view and headrest clearance height.
                          Joe must have made ur kit and so he also made ur Fiero subframe (: the kit should sit as needed.

with all that done, your kits rockers should now be the height u need and you can attach them to the 54" iron bar and weld that bar to the car

Comment

On the 10th week of the build we mounted the Kit.

It should look similar to Mitch's 5 Piece frame

Front End. One must shave the MR2 bumper 'upper lip' to create a flat horizontal plane first, and cut off the top two corners of the Bumper Support to allow suitable room for headlight unit install.

Name:	Front Bumper Support.JPG
Views:	2
Size:	45.0 KB
ID:	375170

Front of the kit rests PERFECTLY on the Front Bumper Support of the MR2.

Name:	Front Bumper Support 2.JPG
Size:	52.1 KB
ID:	375171

The rear end needs a lifted bridge to carry the lower trunk panel of the Fiberglass kit.

Name:	Rear End Support.JPG
Size:	20.6 KB
ID:	375172

It welds exactly at the end of the Chassis Square Pipes (In my pic I just tacked it 2" further down but I moved it back later).

Name:	Trunk Support.JPG
Size:	43.0 KB
ID:	375173

Side Rocker Support. Two of those are needed, one for each side.

We must extend a bridge outside the width of the MR2 with one side being heigher than the other so the perfect example uses a 2" Square Tube towards the back, and a 1" Square tube towards the front.

Name:	Side Rocker Support Frame.JPG
Size:	41.4 KB
ID:	375174

In my case, I doubled the height with two 1" square tubings on one side and only one on the other... I also added one in the center - a bit different, but reached the same result.

Pics in the next post (each post allows only 5 pics)
                            Last edited by am33r; 07-15-2013, 02:09 PM.

Comment

Left Rocker Support Frame

Name:	Left Rocker Support.JPG
Size:	49.4 KB
ID:	375176

Here are pics of my mechanic standing on the panels after we mounted them

Name:	Testing Strength of Frame 1.JPG
Size:	67.1 KB
ID:	375177

Name:	Testing Strength of Frame 2.JPG
Size:	49.0 KB
ID:	375178

Cross Bar Support

This I have yet to make, I will make it when I take the kit off the car one last time but it should reach accross the cabin ash shown in Mitch's work in the early posts of this thread - It creates mounts to the headrest humps on the kit. It can reach back and create mounts under the batwing panels.

That is an explanation of my 5-Piece Support Frame for the Roadster G28 Kit on a Stretched MR2.

Notes

For safety and durability, a Door Frame should be assembled. Here are mine

Name:	Week 11 Pics 015.jpg
Size:	89.2 KB
ID:	375175

And a Windshield Frame as shown in the earlier pics from the Extreme builds. I will post a pic of mine once I install it.

I hope this helps whoever needs this done one day.

IF SOMEONE NEEDS ALL THESE PARTIAL FRAMES MADE FOR THEM LEMME KNOW, MY WELDER WILL MAKE THEM AT AN INEXPENSIVE PRICE LATER
                              Last edited by am33r; 07-12-2013, 03:28 AM.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X