No announcement yet.

fiero 5x100 bolt pattern good or bad???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fiero 5x100 bolt pattern good or bad???

I am looking into getting my rims now but i have a major question about wheel bearing and bolt pattern..
    fiero is 5x100 bolt pattern. does it really matter the bolt pattern for bigger rims?
    does it affect anything or its better to get a bigger wheel hub to accept the bigger bolt pattern?
    i just dont wanna change my mind later. i have big break kit already with 5x100 bolt pattern.

Do you need to use spacers for your build?

If you need to use spacers anyway , then the bolt pattern doesn't really matter , because the spacers can also change your 5x100 bolt pattern to any wheel pattern you purchase . Get good quality USA made spacers that are hub centric

But if you are not going to run spacers and are trying to buy custom rims it is much harder to find decent 5x100 rims that will bolt up directly and fit and be spaced properly

Comment

no i dont need spacers. i will be figuring out a way to extend the suspension.
      I will be getting some custom made rims for my build. rims that look like the reventon so they can drill them to any bolt pattern.
      i just dont wanna change my mind later for whatever reason to get different hubs and have to re drill the rims. it would look nasty having 2 different bolt patterns on it lol. i have no need to change them unless it is better for whatever reason
      so why do ppl change them? cus its better? or just cus..

Comment

People change from the fiero 5x100 bolt pattern because very few cool rims have that bolt pattern

The most widely available rims are
        5x4.5 (5x112/114 can work with wobble bolts) or 5x4.75 (5x120)

Comment

5x120 is Corvette, Camaro, and I think most BMWs if that's any help.

Comment

so they just change it for the rims options?
            i am getting custom made rims so to me it dont matter.. was just thinking maybe having bigger bolt patter some how it was better.. but now from your guys input i am seeing its only for rims options.

Comment

Yeah if youre getting your rims custom drilled and wont be using spacers , you can keep the 5x100 pattern

changing bolt pattern is usually so you can
              1. use OeM lambo or ferrari rims
              2. use cheaper , non customized rims that don't come in 5x100

. Changing bolt pattern isn't for safety or anything like that

Comment

Originally posted by cutlass442 View Post
                Yeah if youre getting your rims custom drilled and wont be using spacers , you can keep the 5x100 pattern

changing bolt pattern is usually so you can
                1. use OeM lambo or ferrari rims
                2. use cheaper , non customized rims that don't come in 5x100

. Changing bolt pattern isn't for safety or anything like that
                PERFECT thanks.. thats all i needed to know..

Comment

What do you mean by custom made? are you getting them made from scratch?

Comment

Originally posted by Quso View Post
                    What do you mean by custom made? are you getting them made from scratch?
                    Yes I will.. There are no rims in the market that look like the reventon rims..
                    zinik z28 don't work at all cus they are made facing the wrong direction for one side

Comment

If its not a secret how much you will have to spend on them? My quote was around 1250 per rims + tires i wanted to make these rims

but 10,000$ for set of wheels is to much in my book

Comment

Originally posted by Quso View Post
                        If its not a secret how much you will have to spend on them? My quote was around 1250 per rims + tires i wanted to make these rims

but 10,000$ for set of wheels is to much in my book
                        Actually they can make them for 650 plus shipping. So it would be less than 3k. =)

Comment

Im impressed Do you have any pictures of your wheels and could you share the company that going to make your wheels?

Comment

Pm sent quso

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X