Question: Ferrari 355 headlight setup on fiero frame

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question: Ferrari 355 headlight setup on fiero frame

I have a 355 (IFG kit), and my headlights need to be realigned. Currently, if I hook up the headlights, they would pop up in the original fiero factory location. How do I relocate them easily? Is there a pre-built bracket that I can utilize or do I have to do the fabrication work myself? If so, does anybody know a good fabricator in the northwest ohio area who can fix these lights for me? I am running with fog lights right now.

Thanks in advance.
    Attached Files

Pics of the motor location would be helpful. On other kits, they mounted the rear pivoting piece of the headlights forward (after cutting some of the radiator support that was in the way), then just make the arm that the Fiero motor pivots on longer to accommodate the distance it moved forward. Then you can keep the motor in the same location, and save some more fabrication. Post some pics of what you've got, and hopefully someone can chime in with advice.

Comment

Here are a few photos of my car and the headlight location. Can anyone give me advice on how to make these headlights line up properly. I would like to be able to drive this car at night. Thank you in advance!
      Attached Files

Comment

Bump. Any help?

Comment

It is a simple "L" shaped bracket.
          If you're not confused, you're not paying attention.

Comment

Thanks, Funny Wheels. Do I need to fabricate one, or can I buy one that is premade to the correct dimension? Does it go at a 90 degree angle? A 45 degree angle? Or some variance in order to mate it to the headlight covers properly? I have failed to find a build diary that covers this topic. I have also searched Google and come up short. Thanks again!!
            Last edited by EEES; 08-22-2013, 06:44 PM.

Comment

I'm pretty sure you will need to fabricate........and that's the great thing about a car YOU build. I personally would get away from the Fiero headlight mechanism.
              [url]http://www.madmechanics.com/forum/build-diaries/8454-my-official-ad355-build-thread-sactodreamer.html[/url]

Comment

I used 355 Factory. Cost me $210.00 for the headlight bracket and $1,800.00 for the headlights used. Try "T Rulands" in Tucker, GA (near Atlanta). They sell used Ferrari parts. 348 will work too.

Dave
                If you're not confused, you're not paying attention.

Comment

Originally posted by FunnyWheels View Post
                  I used 355 Factory. Cost me $210.00 for the headlight bracket and $1,800.00 for the headlights used. Try "T Rulands" in Tucker, GA (near Atlanta). They sell used Ferrari parts. 348 will work too.

Dave
                  Hea Dave,
                  Nice to see you are posting on the forum.

Sean
                  My Projects:

http://www.madmechanics.com/forum/bu...y-project.html
                  http://www.madmechanics.com/forum/bu...-facelift.html
                  http://www.madmechanics.com/forum/bu...430-build.html

Comment

Okay, thank you for all the input. I will read through the build diaries and hope to find some more information regarding the brackets. Does anyone know if Houdini's customs is still in operation? I have tried to reach Dean but was unable to do so.

Comment

Whodenie has gone out of business and there is a quite a thread over on Pennock's as to what ended up happening.

You can use the Fiero motors easily enough if you want to stay with the Fiero setup. There are four 10 mm nuts two on top and two on the bottom of teh motor mount to remove and then you can move the headlight motors down about 2.5-3" and outward by about an inch or so. You will need to make a new mounting plate and either atatch the mounting plate to the Fiero frame lower down toward the front of the car or make a mounting extension that bolts to the stock Fiero headlight mount bolts.

There is no one set of measurements that can be used unfortunately as each kit tends to be slightly different for hood height and headlight bucket lid shape etc.

I drew up what I was going to do with my 355 headlights setup with the stock Fiero headlight motor mount etc.
                      Attached Files
                      308 Ferrari replica
                      Prova Countach 5000S

Comment

can you post a link to the Whodenie thread? thanks.

Comment

Twilightz

if you do a search on pennock's for Whodeanie, you will get several threads you can read at your pleasure. Looks like Dean over committed to customers and couldn't get things done. A typical trap for new companies trying to get going. He did very nice looking work but you will see from some of the threads that he didn't get to mold some plugs he made so others trashed his work as being garbage. I think these parts were just plugs though and not meant to be final parts. My opinion anyway.

back to the regularly scheduled thread here though.

sorry for the left tun.
                          Cheers
                          don
                          308 Ferrari replica
                          Prova Countach 5000S

Comment

i was having the same problems too, so i went with headlight pocket and glass instead. just given out ideas.
                            Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0198.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	68.4 KB
ID:	375742
                            - fidali355

Comment

That looks excellent fidali355! Whose kit do you have? Any good links to a build of that headlight setup? I'd also be interested in doing that with my stock 88 Fiero.

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X