corvette and cadillac hub info needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• corvette and cadillac hub info needed

i found a website with a 512 replica that had 86 model corvette front uprights and hubs and 97 model cadillac rear uprights and hubs and i would like to know where the guy got the control arms ft. and rear on his website it just says the control arms are custom made ive emailed the guy but he never will reply back ive emailed HMS and asked if they could make the control arms and they said no does anybody know of a source for the control arms .

Re:corvette and cadillac hub info needed

Sometimes; "custom made" = "home made."

Comment

Mike:

Can you post the website so we can see what you’re seeking. I have information on the rear uprights wit the bigger bearings etc.

Dave
      If you're not confused, you're not paying attention.

Comment

http://www.geocities.com/motorcity/s.../ferpage1.html then click on pictures of brakework

Comment

MIKE,on the rear,you use caddy front drive uprights,but the 2 strut bolts are a larger diameter than the fiero,so the holes in the strut have to be enlarged.
          MIKE

Comment

Mad Mike is correct. You can also get a pair of Olds Ciera uprights from and 88 or 89 and those will work too. I think with the Caddy, you will need to modify the bolt pattern for the wheels. Bigger bolt circle. I have used the Ceria parts with Grand AM hubs, brake rotors and calipers. Either on will need an emergency brake. Good way to get big brakes for little money on a Fiero.

Dave

Comment

YOU CAN USE BUICK REGAL OR GRAND PRIX OR OLDS CUTLESS
              REAR CALIPERS TO GET E-BRAKE REAR CALIPERS,ALSO SOME EARLY CAMERO REAR DISC CALIPERS WILL WORK.
              MIKE ;D

Comment

Originally posted by MADMIKE
                YOU CAN USE BUICK REGAL OR GRAND PRIX OR OLDS CUTLESS
                REAR CALIPERS TO GET E-BRAKE REAR CALIPERS,ALSO SOME EARLY CAMERO REAR DISC CALIPERS WILL WORK.
                MIKE ;D
                Mike:

They say you learn something new every day. Thanks for the update on the rear calipers. Will they work on all models? I think my 88 has different rear calipers then my 86 Spyder.

Dave

Comment

thanks for the info on the rear guys /anybody know how that guy on the website i posted put the vette stuff on the front did he have to make control arms. Dave i ve been looking at your excellent website , i think it says 89 ciera uprights on the rear with 89 s10 hubs with the uprights machined ,what did you have to do the ciera uprights was it an extensive amount of machine work or something relatively simple , i think i like your idea for the rear better than the caddy idea ,the olds and s10 parts are cheap enough and im just about out of funds

Comment

Mike D:

The only modification you will have to make is to the S-10 hubs (from the front of a 4X4). Both the hub and the upright are tapped for bolts. You have to make the S-10 hub fit the upright by drilling out the hub flange and bolt it to the upright like you would the Fiero hub. The S-10 will give you big bearings and plenty of strength. You also need to drill a hole in the S-10 flange so you can get a bolt and the corresponding socket head on to the bolt to tighten it.

I will dig up photos when I get back in town.

Dave

Comment

im 99 percent sure what you mean dave , i would apreciate the pics.anybody have any ideas as to how to use the c4 setup on the ft.i think i can make the control arms , it just takes up so much time , nobody knows of a source for this

Comment

Hello,
                        I am the guy with the 512 page and the car with the caddy/corvette parts. The control arms were made by myself with the help of energy suspension for ball joints/bushings. I plan to do something similar on my F355 I am building, only going with the Grandam/S10 brake setup utilizing existing spindles. The drawback to the C4/Cad mod is that they are two seperate bolt patterns, 5 X 4.75 and 4.5, which requires two different wheels. Wasn't too expensive, because I had a yard that would take reject fiero parts (fenders, hood, engine etc.) and give me yard credit. Something to think about...

Comment

ISN'T S-10 4WD 4 3/4 BOLT PATTERN,THE SAME AS CORVETTE 4 3/4?
                          MIKE ??? ???

Comment

Originally posted by MADMIKE
                            ISN'T S-10 4WD 4 3/4 BOLT PATTERN,THE SAME AS CORVETTE 4 3/4?
                            MIKE ??? ???
                            That is correct on the bolt pattern. I have Corvette Hubs on a slalom suspension set up on the front that had 5 / 4.75 and that is why the rear was so attractive to me. Same bolt pattern. You can use the Olds front hub that comes with a full size car. I think some of those are 5 / 4.5 bolt circle. If not I have a set of adapters on my rear hubs anyway to mat them to Ferrari wheels. Front was re-drilled to 5/108mm.

Dave
                            This photo is from 1999 when I first built the car with a wide track rear, after using 4 inch spacers for a year without incident for 16,00 miles.
                            Note 3 holes drilled into flange to provide balance and access to bolt hub to upright.

Comment

i appreciate everybodys replies, we had a bad storm come thru here june 11, i just got my phone and lights back on today, its been rough here

Comment

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X